Anything at no Cost to you...What would you choose?

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's say you could choose a new club or set of irons to put in your bag, at no cost to you. What brand/model would you choose, and why?

Since I know we THPers cannot usually contain ourselves, a 1a and 1b answer is acceptable :p

I’m still completely set from the Grandaddy, so my choice is the biggest lesson package they offer 😆

1666727986391.png

oh this is fun, because we do this for Albatross Club members each year at our experiences

Just did that for the Morgan Cup haha

That being said, would totally love a set of forged tec X irons just to laugh so much at how far and high they go

Hmm, probably a new set of irons. I would just go get fit, but I'm thinking new Cobra, Mizuno, or Titleist and probably a split set. Those are my faves.

oh this is fun, because we do this for Albatross Club members each year at our experiences
And it's always a blast to follow along. So many great brands and products, I have difficulty sticking to my rules of only choosing 2

Hmm, probably a new set of irons. I would just go get fit, but I'm thinking new Cobra, Mizuno, or Titleist and probably a split set. Those are my faves.
I really want a split set of irons again. Unofficial answer for me, but Callaway Sweet Spot or Triple Play, or something from Mizuno, would be fantastic!

Just did that for the Morgan Cup haha

That being said, would totally love a set of forged tec X irons just to laugh so much at how far and high they go
Lots of time to twirl the higher and farther they go too

I’m already most of the way there with what I’d choose… Titleist. Upgrade the FWs to TSr, some new Vokeys, and a Scotty.

one part in the bag, probably update to newer OL Forged tecs

I dunno, something else will be coming soon in that realm. :unsure:

Maybe give the TSR2 a shot since nothing has touched the GS53max

I’m already most of the way there with what I’d choose… Titleist. Upgrade the FWs to TSr, some new Vokeys, and a Scotty.
The Vokeys in slate blue :love:
Screenshot_20221025-161002_Chrome.jpg

I could probably go for the Apex Pro or Apex Mixed Combo. Nothing wrong with the Apex 21, but if I had a no cost choice it’d be one of those as 1a/1a2.

1b would be something from Cobra in One Length. It’s not something I would normally buy to try but no cost? I’ll give it a whirl. In the fitting bays I know the One Length will be fine. It’s the on course usage and mentally overcoming preconceptions that concern me. But the idea just intrigues me.

For me, I'd like Mizuno irons and Vokey wedges 🥰

I lied! I’d go JAWS raw wedges. Full raw.

I could probably go for the Apex Pro or Apex Mixed Combo. Nothing wrong with the Apex 21, but if I had a no cost choice it’d be one of those as 1a/1a2.

1b would be something from Cobra in One Length. It’s not something I would normally buy to try but no cost? I’ll give it a whirl. In the fitting bays I know the One Length will be fine. It’s the on course usage and mentally overcoming preconceptions that concern me. But the idea just intrigues me.
I like both those options, since I'm sure a fan of irons that helps too!

OL has always been intriguing to me also. One swing, less variables, sign me up for a test run!

one part in the bag, probably update to newer OL Forged tecs

I dunno, something else will be coming soon in that realm. :unsure:

Maybe give the TSR2 a shot since nothing has touched the GS53max
Upgrade the tech, then upgrade the big dog! I really like the look of the TSR2, so I think it'd be a great choice.

They aren't out yet. :) they would also have a soon to be released shaft as well.

oh jeez...

i just bought a new driver. not that.
i just got new irons, wedges and putter from mizuno golf as a part of the victory cup. not those.
and i was recently fit for a fairway and utility wood not long ago!

my answer is fairway wood. specifically callaway. slap in a ventus blue tr and lfg!

No cost to me? After the article that dropped today I'm getting some Callaway Great Big Bertha irons. They are designed specifically for my skill range, but are way out of my price range so that's an easy choice for me :ROFLMAO:

I actually got to do exactly this w/ the Golden Ticket. I chose :titleist: as I have always wanted to play their clubs but never have. I couldn't be happier w/ the TSR3 driver & FW I received. Liked the brand so much I have added T300 irons.

Back