IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I figured it probably deserved it's own thread!

I know the price tag is a bit high, but if you are already an iPhone owner/user, I can see how it would totally integrate into your daily life.

http://www.apple.com/watch/
innovation_large.jpg

seems like it would be cool for the first few weeks but for me I'd get tired of recharging the battery every night. Cool little companion to pair up with the phone but I wonder how battery life is on those watches? I haven't worn a watch in years so it would take time getting used to. What exactly is the watch supposed to do?? Can you use it independently without the phone on you? (i.e. make calls right from the watch?) or is it like a remote device so if I'm too lazy to reach in my pocket to change the track on a song I can just use that??

seems like it would be cool for the first few weeks but for me I'd get tired of recharging the battery every night. Cool little companion to pair up with the phone but I wonder how battery life is on those watches? I haven't worn a watch in years so it would take time getting used to. What exactly is the watch supposed to do?? Can you use it independently without the phone on you? (i.e. make calls right from the watch?) or is it like a remote device so if I'm too lazy to reach in my pocket to change the track on a song I can just use that??

I watched the release today and it seems like a neat device but it is just really a remote for your phone. If it was an independant device I could maybe see buying it. I don't wear a watch today but I always have my phone with me and can't see starting to wear a watch just so I don't have to pull my phone out of my pocket.

I thought this thread was actually going to be this video!

Looks very nice and it's an interesting piece but like other posts already not feeling the fact it's not an independent piece. I will be keeping on eye out to see how it does.

What's the price tag?

Apple Watch

I'm an apple fan boy. I have an iPhone, an iPod, an ipad and a macbook. However, that watch looks awful. Maybe it's because I'm a bit I a watch geek, but it's gonna take a lot more than that to get my Tag Heuer off my wrist.
With regards to the price $349 for a watch seems more than reasonable to me.

yeah sounds like Siri. Cool to use the first couple times then will never get used again.

Not sure how I feel about the watch. Maybe after a few updates I'll look at the reviews.

I do wear a watch but do not buy one very often. I have a 10 year old Omega Seamaster and a 7 year old Luminox sport watch. I will be buying the iWatch as soon as it launches. For me the main attraction is the sports/fitness tracking. It could replace the multiple Garmins I have for cycling, skiing, and running and I'm sure be more user friendly. I'm guessing the watch may only appeal to 10% or less of iPhone users but I certainly underestimated the popularity of the iPod, iPhone, and iPad when they were first released.

Think about the apps for golfers that this watch could have: GPS and score keeping, like current editions, then add apps for shot tracking like game my game, then swing trackers that feed to an app that show swing path/speed, etc, tie it to apps for evaluation. Then, control your camera on your iPhone from it and record video of your swing. Take what's out there now, all the devices, all the gadgets, GPS, and put them in one place. Yeah, a lot of possibilities there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think about the apps for golfers that this watch could have: GPS and score keeping, like current editions, then add apps for shot tracking like game my game, then swing trackers that feed to an app that show swing path/speed, etc, tie it to apps for evaluation. Then, control your camera on your iPhone from it and record video of your swing. Take what's out there now, all the devices, all the gadgets, GPS, and put them in one place. Yeah, a lot of possibilities there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A+ for thinking of controlling the iPhone video camera from the iWatch. I will need 2 - one for golf/sports and one for dress.:act-up:

JB/GG: could have a THP app that is similar to Game my Game where THP'ers could all play with or vs each other LIVE, any day of the week. Contests, etc. THP on the cutting edge!!!!

I guess I don't get the need to integrate a piece like this with the phone. It isn't like the phone is far away it anything. Why not just reach in your pocket for the phone? It seems like s potentially cool item without any real purpose.

I'm very intrigued to see the reviews. I won't buy this until I read those. If it looks promising, this looks like something I'd like to buy. I've wanted to get a fitbit/withings type thing, and if this comes with more functionality and pairs with my phone, I'd be willing to pay the extra ~250 or so. I'll sell a few of my extra golf clubs or something.

Here's more about it from the Apple site

I have the Pebble watch and I really like it, but I feel there are definitely some limitations. The battery life of my pebble is about one week though, which I like.

I think this is similar but because it's Apple it's definitely a huge step forward. I definitely will be doing more research when this comes out. T

I have the Pebble watch and I really like it, but I feel there are definitely some limitations. The battery life of my pebble is about one week though, which I like.

I think this is similar but because it's Apple it's definitely a huge step forward. I definitely will be doing more research when this comes out. T

the pebble was.... interesting, but I seriously hope the smartwatch offers more for 350$...

the pebble steel looks good at least and is 100$ cheaper

the pebble was.... interesting, but I seriously hope the smartwatch offers more for 350$...

the pebble steel looks good at least and is 100$ cheaper

Just looking at the apple site, it seems like you can do more from the watch than with the pebble which is more a notification piece.

Apple Watch

A+ for thinking of controlling the iPhone video camera from the iWatch. I will need 2 - one for golf/sports and one for dress.:act-up:

That's a plus about having the quick release bands, you can class it up very easily with a different band.

I was skeptical at first and still am, but the presentation was fantastic and I am intrigued. I'm thinking the Sport Edition in the Space Grey with an additional Black stainless link band. If I was going to spend $ on a watch might as well have it do cool stuff as well.

I think I want one....

I actually like the watch but don't know how often I would use all the functions. I'm not going to be checking my FB or email on it that's for sure. I think the iFit on the watch is about the best thing I've seen with it. I can see myself using that more than any other function on the watch.

Back