Apple is not happy with battery life.
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-watch-battery-life-2014-9

It looks like they need to tweak some things. Samsung was panned for their watch (rightfully so) because it had to be connected via bluetooth and only lasted a day. This is the same thing right now and while Samsung gets 2+ days now, the Apple watch is going to have to get there to really take off I have a feeling.

Apple is not happy with battery life.
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-watch-battery-life-2014-9

It looks like they need to tweak some things. Samsung was panned for their watch (rightfully so) because it had to be connected via bluetooth and only lasted a day. This is the same thing right now and while Samsung gets 2+ days now, the Apple watch is going to have to get there to really take off I have a feeling.
Makes sense for the release delay then, I wonder if they'll make any other tweaks before the launch?

Not sure how I feel about the watch. Maybe after a few updates I'll look at the reviews.

I'm with you. What I have is good enough for me right now. I would be so worried I would break the thing that I would never wear for much. My watches tend to get beat up pretty good after a year or so.

If they can get the battery life tweaked I was really consider the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be buying the Apple Watch. I like my Seiko that I've had since 2001. Now if they partnered with a manufacturer like Tag Heur and combined a traditional looking watch with some of the "Smart Features" of the Apple Watch I would be sold and actually willing to drop $4k+ for that. It would have to be a self winding watch that required no charging and still looked like a Tag.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out why I would want to read/answer texts on a 1" screen. Among other things I would rather do on a 4.7" screen. It would be a novelty to me and not real useful.

But I'm sure there are many that disagree and sales figures will probably prove it.

So who pre-ordered?

I happen to wake up around 2:15 am CST and placed my order, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten mine in until 6am! And I still have a mid to late may arrival!

I'm going in store tonight for a fitting.

$349 is cheapest... goes up to about $10,000... depending on materials used to make the one you buy! I'm an apple fan, have the 6 plus and have had iphones for 6+ years, but I'm not sold on the watch, at least not the first version... wait a year or two for improvements in battery, etc. and I may jump? We'll see.

The 20K Edition model sold out in China in less then an hour. I guess Apple knew exactly what they were doing.

The 20K Edition model sold out in China in less then an hour. I guess Apple knew exactly what they were doing.

When do they serve the kool aid?
As a shareholder, all I can do is sit back and grin.

When do they serve the kool aid?
As a shareholder, all I can do is sit back and grin.

I say I don't want or need one, but we all know I will have one sooner rather the. Later.

I won't be buying the Apple Watch. I like my Seiko that I've had since 2001. Now if they partnered with a manufacturer like Tag Heur and combined a traditional looking watch with some of the "Smart Features" of the Apple Watch I would be sold and actually willing to drop $4k+ for that. It would have to be a self winding watch that required no charging and still looked like a Tag.

Fell the same, got the classic Tissot titanium after looking for a very very light model for years, and the Apple Watch seems so heavy
Eventought the apps I use for golf could be improved with it

So who pre-ordered?

I happen to wake up around 2:15 am CST and placed my order, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten mine in until 6am! And I still have a mid to late may arrival!

I ordered this morning and they estimate early June. I will use it mostly as a running/cycling heartbeat and distance tracker and also to track my vertical feet and miles skied. I'm sure there will be a golf swing app as well that will be able to track swing plane, swing speed, etc. I prefer the accuracy of a laser rangefinder so I won't be wearing it when golfing.

Lovin' it so far. Still trying to set it up the way I want it as well.
9eed5ccdd41e9a53fc3052428673d0f1.jpg

I got to demo one. It seems to have the exact same functionality as Android Wear with a more cluttered interface which is exactly opposite of what I would expect from the two companies. Apple usually keeps thing clean and simple where android is for tinkerers. The watches seem to be completely opposite in that effect. The android wear relies on voice interaction as the primary input and touch as a secondary, where the apple is more touch oriented primarily. Other than that, they seem very similar functionally from the short time I had with the apple watch. I wear the android everyday and it's useful if you want or need to check notifications on the fly without pulling the phone out. Very discreet, especially when you have a job like mine where interfacing with a cell phone is seriously frowned upon.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I am fighting the urge to order one.....I am such a tech geek :banghead:

Not sold on this yet and I'm an Apple fan. I'm still liking the Tag Huer Carrera...

Did anyone else see the reports of the apple watch not working correctly when the user has tattoos under the watch? I was reading some material today and they have had issues with the watch thinking that it is not being worn by anyone and hibernating because it cannot read the electrical impulses in the skin through the ink in tattoos. Apple says they are working to address the problem because even if you tell the watch to never turn off, it limits functionality.

Went to the Apple Store out of curiosity yesterday. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm a big apple fan, but this watch just doesn't do it for me, but then I think it's because I'm a watch guy. I can't get past the idea of paying out for an apple watch that will probably be obsolete in a couple of years when for the same money I could get a mechanical watch that would last a lifetime. That said, they will sell like hot cakes.
However, I have no idea what apple were thinking with the $10k Edition. Nothing about the watch says its a $10k watch. Is that watch really gonna compete with Rolex's, Breitling's and the like? I don't think so. By the way, I've seen a few pics on social media of a watch smashed to bits, so don't drop em.

I really do fail to see why anyone could be hoodwinked by the Apple marketing machine and actually stand up and say 'I need one of these watches'

The unit works as an extension of your iPhone, but if you are already carrying the phone in your pocket why not save $350 and simply reach into your pocket to grab the phone. Even on a small 4.5 inch iPhone 4 screen, you will be amazed at how easy it is to use with big fingers compared to the tiny watch.

Seems like Apple are trying to reinvent the wheel. Yet again.

We are all golfers on here, so if you want a new toy, surely you would get waaaaay more enjoyment from a new driver.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I really do fail to see why anyone could be hoodwinked by the Apple marketing machine and actually stand up and say 'I need one of these watches'

The unit works as an extension of your iPhone, but if you are already carrying the phone in your pocket why not save $350 and simply reach into your pocket to grab the phone. Even on a small 4.5 inch iPhone 4 screen, you will be amazed at how easy it is to use with big fingers compared to the tiny watch.

Seems like Apple are trying to reinvent the wheel. Yet again.

We are all golfers on here, so if you want a new toy, surely you would get waaaaay more enjoyment from a new driver.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

They had the same argument about android wear. It all comes down to what you're going to do with it. Some people will have absolutely no need for it, some find it incredibly useful. I'm an everyday smart watch user and have found it to be useful for me. Could I do without it? Of course. Could I do everything with my phone? For the most part, yes. But I like it.

This isn't Apple's idea and they are actually very late to the party. Pebble pretty much started the smart watch movement, Samsung made a bunch, and then Android Wear software was released and everyone released one. I've had Android Wear since the day it came out. Apple saw a market and went for it because there was a lot of android smart watch hype and they had nothing.

I've tried both and find them both useful for what I want them to do. That won't necessarily apply to everyone.

People also said the same about the iPad and look how well that's done. The apple watch will sell in droves. It is a very cool piece of tech, just not a very good timepiece. If I had a 3rd wrist, I'd probably buy one LOL

Back