Just placed a pre-order for the new Series 2. I'm hoping that I can get 36 holes with it using Game Golf Live. That's probably wishful thinking.

Frustrating. Mine wont update.

What do you like about it?

Better interface. The control center and dock are great additions for quick access apps and features. The scribble is fun.

Watch OS 3 is amazing, I've never liked my apple watch more!

I've always liked my Apple Watch, but do so more now. I'll reiterate what has been said before with people who have beta tested watchOS 3, it should have come this way from the beggining. If it did I bet they would have sold a lot more watches. Better interface and more importantly much more peppy....doesn't seem to lag. Even scrolling through emails with picture attachments is very smooth now and I'm also not sitting there waiting for all the pics to load. Im hoping that once Golfshot is updated and optimized for iOS 10 and watchOS 3, that the lag is gone there too.

On on another note I'm wondering how much a difference the better processor in series 2 makes.

I've always liked my Apple Watch, but do so more now. I'll reiterate what has been said before with people who have beta tested watchOS 3, it should have come this way from the beggining. If it did I bet they would have sold a lot more watches. Better interface and more importantly much more peppy....doesn't seem to lag. Even scrolling through emails with picture attachments is very smooth now and I'm also not sitting there waiting for all the pics to load. Im hoping that once Golfshot is updated and optimized for iOS 10 and watchOS 3, that the lag is gone there too.

On on another note I'm wondering how much a difference the better processor in series 2 makes.

FunGolf GPS works great.

It's been updated for new os's? Faster than before?

It's been updated for new os's? Faster than before?
Way faster, it's honestly like having a brand new watch, feels lightning faster.

Way faster, it's honestly like having a brand new watch, feels lightning faster.

lol I know the watch is faster with WatchOS 3. I was referring to Fungolf GPS. If that was updated and any faster?

lol I know the watch is faster with WatchOS 3. I was referring to Fungolf GPS. If that was updated and any faster?

I thought it was quite fast in the old OS. But have noticed a decent speed increase post update.

I posted this also in the other AW thread...

Played my first round yesterday with the AW S2 and Game Golf Live. The battery life is very good IMO. At the end of the day the battery still had 35% remaining.

There's a new software update for the AW - just bug fixes as far as I know. The update went smoothly. :D

There's a new software update for the AW - just bug fixes as far as I know. The update went smoothly. :D
I did it the other day, seemed to go just fine, I haven't honestly had too many glitches, but everything is good so far.

I'm now up to about 6 bands and I love the ability to swap them out quick and change the look or feel, I have about 4 athletic ones I wear while golfing and a couple formal/casual that I wear for work and with the pricing you can get on sites like amazon, I think I got them all for the price of one apple replacement band.

I'm now up to about 6 bands and I love the ability to swap them out quick and change the look or feel, I have about 4 athletic ones I wear while golfing and a couple formal/casual that I wear for work and with the pricing you can get on sites like amazon, I think I got them all for the price of one apple replacement band.

I think I'm at 5. Always looking on Amazon for new ones though.

We bought the Apple Nike+ watch for his birthday and he is really liking it, especially for running. Surprising since he's never had or worn any kind of watch in his life.

I just ordered the Nike+ version for my cycling and running.

Just received my first AW about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I'm surprised how good the battery life has been - even when golfing with Game Golf Live. When I golf I still have 35 to 40% battery power remaining. Very pleased with the results that I'm seeing.

Just received my first AW about 5 or 6 weeks ago. I'm surprised how good the battery life has been - even when golfing with Game Golf Live. When I golf I still have 35 to 40% battery power remaining. Very pleased with the results that I'm seeing.

That's about what I'm seeing when using Fun Golf as well.

Well I've given up on FunGolf, they took forever to put out an update so the app would function on the apple watch and once they finally did the update has a worse interface than before, I know there are some paid options like GolfShot that I need to investigate again, The Grint seems to have a decent free option I'm going to start using in the interim. Anyone else find one they like to use for Golf GPS on the apple watch?

Well my FunGolf subscription is set to renew in March, so I figure it's about time I decide what to do for my 2017 season, most season subscriptions are around $20 a year, and I've like FunGolf in the past, their latest update was tough to get used to, but it should work. I know the GolfShot are about that much per year and should be fairly comparable to FunGolf, TheGrint, being free, I think you're getting what you paid for, it works, but wouldn't be able to use it full time. I've thought about Golf Logix, but just don't know enough about it. I wish some of these would allow like a free round trial or something so you would know what you're getting before you slap the $20 or so down for it and then you're kind of stuck with it for the year!

I'm down to a rotation of 3 watch bands, one black silicone, I wear for working out and golf, a grey/black nylon for more casual and a grey leather with the magnets, for a bit more dressy, I'd like to find a couple more, maybe casual and dressy, but the few I've tried, either don't feel right, or the connections aren't great and so when it moves it feels like my watch is vibrating, anyone find a good brown leather or metal band they've had success with?

I'm down to a rotation of 3 watch bands, one black silicone, I wear for working out and golf, a grey/black nylon for more casual and a grey leather with the magnets, for a bit more dressy, I'd like to find a couple more, maybe casual and dressy, but the few I've tried, either don't feel right, or the connections aren't great and so when it moves it feels like my watch is vibrating, anyone find a good brown leather or metal band they've had success with?

I got the knock off Nike sport band off amazon for cheap. Currently my favorite.

I got the knock off Nike sport band off amazon for cheap. Currently my favorite.

That's the one I keep looking at as well, I like the duo color with the holes.

I just got a series 2 42mm as an early Christmas present, and I am in love with it. Does absolutely everything I want and more. Picked up a few cheap extra bands from Amazon and they so far work great. Workout app FTW.

I just got a series 2 42mm as an early Christmas present, and I am in love with it. Does absolutely everything I want and more. Picked up a few cheap extra bands from Amazon and they so far work great. Workout app FTW.

Did you have the original?

Loving my series 2 Nike edition. Really using it more than I thought I would

Back