Did you have the original?

I did not, but my sister does. The battery life difference is insane. She can barely go a day, and I can go almost 3 full days as long as I'm not using it for long workouts every day.

I did not, but my sister does. The battery life difference is insane. She can barely go a day, and I can go almost 3 full days as long as I'm not using it for long workouts every day.

Dang. That's impressive battery life. I have the original. As does the Mrs. She wants the new Nike edition for Christmas so that makes my shopping easier.

I was going to hold out, but the swimming ability is nice.

Dang. That's impressive battery life. I have the original. As does the Mrs. She wants the new Nike edition for Christmas so that makes my shopping easier.

I only get 2 days but that is with 1.5 hour workouts every day. I imagine 3 is really doable with normal usage

I only get 2 days but that is with 1.5 hour workouts every day. I imagine 3 is really doable with normal usage

That is impressive, mine will barely make it a normal day without workout or golf, but if I do either it will die after about 12-14 hours. Was not planning on getting the new model, but hearing about the improved battery life is going to make it impossible to hold out.

Did you have the original?

I didn't. Thought they were silly, my girlfriend got one, I immediately wanted one. I watched some reviews online and decided to spring for the new model, but it seems they aren't all that different minus waterproofing and stand alone GPS

That is impressive, mine will barely make it a normal day without workout or golf, but if I do either it will die after about 12-14 hours. Was not planning on getting the new model, but hearing about the improved battery life is going to make it impossible to hold out.

YMMV but I get 2, my girlfriend gets 3. I hope it keeps up. Haven't used it on the golf course yet

After hearing the difference my sister went out and bought a series 2 the next day haha. It really is a huge amount. And from what I have heard/read, the processor is about twice as fast. The water resistant piece is big piece of mind for me as well

After hearing the difference my sister went out and bought a series 2 the next day haha. It really is a huge amount. And from what I have heard/read, the processor is about twice as fast. The water resistant piece is big piece of mind for me as well

Yeah, I am most interested in the water resistant side of things.

My GF son has the new model and he is easily getting 2 1/2 days and that includes daily workouts

I easily get 2 days out of my new series 2. I used the golf logix app which seemed to work really well after I paid the 4.99 monthly fee, however my phone battery died before the 9th green. I started the round with 65% battery on my 6s plus, so it looks like I will need to bring a portable charger. Overall I'm happy with the series 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I found this thread. I've been debating the Series 2, but was always curious about battery life.

How much did people spend on the series 2 pay? I thought they were about $300 and now when I go to apple they are $370 for most of the basic models.

Ugg, want the longer battery and updated features but I dread spending $400 for a new one.

How much did people spend on the series 2 pay? I thought they were about $300 and now when I go to apple they are $370 for most of the basic models.

Ugg, want the longer battery and updated features but I dread spending $400 for a new one.

I think mine was about 400 bucks. Bought the Series 2 Nike Edition 42MM direct from Apple.

I think mine was about 400 bucks. Bought the Series 2 Nike Edition 42MM direct from Apple.

Thanks, that is about what I am seeing. You like the Nike edition?

Thanks, that is about what I am seeing. You like the Nike edition?

Ya! I bought it mostly for the band and the exclusive watch faces. Great band for working out which is my primary motive behind buying it

I paid $400 for the nylon strap version. I wanted the Nike but they were on backorder for 3/4 weeks from Apple. I downloaded the Nike app and it works great, but lost out on the faces and I will have to buy a knock off Nike band.

Glad I found this thread. I've been debating the Series 2, but was always curious about battery life.

I have the Series 2. When golfing with Game Golf Live I still have 40 to 45% battery life remaining at the end of the day. This is similar to what others are reporting here. I'm very pleased with the battery life.

As I mentioned in the FunGolf thread, I have a couple months until I need to make a decision on what to use in 2017 for an apple watch GPS interface, I like most of FunGolf, but now the apple watch layout only has center yardage, not all 3, anyone found a good apple watch GPS app they just love using or didn't mind paying for?

As I mentioned in the FunGolf thread, I have a couple months until I need to make a decision on what to use in 2017 for an apple watch GPS interface, I like most of FunGolf, but now the apple watch layout only has center yardage, not all 3, anyone found a good apple watch GPS app they just love using or didn't mind paying for?

Interested in this as well. I'd love to be able to use mine as a golf GPS.

Interested in this as well. I'd love to be able to use mine as a golf GPS.

I've tried some of the free ones like the the grint and hole 19 but both seemed a bit spotty in terms of their functionality.

I know golf shot is about the same price but they ticked me off so much already I don't want to spend anymore money with them

I have the Series 2. When golfing with Game Golf Live I still have 40 to 45% battery life remaining at the end of the day. This is similar to what others are reporting here. I'm very pleased with the battery life.

How do you like the functionality of game golf live on the apple watch for distances etc? I've been pondering for a while, and will only pull the trigger if it works well with the watch.

How do you like the functionality of game golf live on the apple watch for distances etc? I've been pondering for a while, and will only pull the trigger if it works well with the watch.

I've been thinking about that and Arccos as well.

Figured I kill two birds with one stone of tracking and apple watch gps

Apple Watch

I love Arccos on Iwatch, the app is really good and on the watch gives you front/middle/back distances.

In the app on your phone you can also get distances to other locations (bunkers/hazards or just spots on the middle of the fairway).

Last edited:
I love Arccos on Iwatch, the app is really good and on the watch gives you front/middle/back distances.

In the app on your phone you can also get distances to other locations (bunkers/hazards or just spots on the middle of the fairway).

is Arccos for AW free? Work on Version 1?

Back