Arcadia Bluffs in July?

I'd consider making the drive for sure.

I'm going to head to Michigan so my parents get a chance to see their grandson - I'll probably spend a good chunk of July there. Anyone up for an Arcadia Bluffs trip? I have my other local favorites, but AB always gets the blood running.

View attachment 8947262

I think I have heard about this course? is this the one that people hit drives off the cliff into the water for fun on 17 or 18?

I'm going to head to Michigan so my parents get a chance to see their grandson - I'll probably spend a good chunk of July there. Anyone up for an Arcadia Bluffs trip? I have my other local favorites, but AB always gets the blood running.

View attachment 8947262
What dates? That time of year you're paying premium prices unfortunately but I've never played it, I might consider making the drive over

I think I have heard about this course? is this the one that people hit drives off the cliff into the water for fun on 17 or 18?
It could be. I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff having grown up on Lake Michigan, but I'm sure many many people do it.

What dates? That time of year you're paying premium prices unfortunately but I've never played it, I might consider making the drive over
Don't know yet. Just know some time in July. The 36 hole package gives you $10 or $15 off

Don't know yet. Just know some time in July. The 36 hole package gives you $10 or $15 off
Let me know the dates when you know. It's only 4 hrs from me and I'd consider it if the timing is right

It could be. I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff having grown up on Lake Michigan, but I'm sure many many people do it.

Yeah not saying pollution is a good idea in any form. I just heard there is a huge elevated tee there or something like that.

Yeah not saying pollution is a good idea in any form. I just heard there is a huge elevated tee there or something like that.
It's been a few years. I don't recall an elevated tee box, but several holes present the opportunity to blast one to the golf gods.

Let me know the dates when you know. It's only 4 hrs from me and I'd consider it if the timing is right
It's about 2 hours from where I'll be staying. I suppose if we had enough people we could split a cabin. I hadn't really thought about spending the night there - as I was originally intending to play 36 then drive down to Ludington to play my favorite course the next day.

I got to play the South Course up there last year and it was awesome. Couldn't get a time on the Bluffs course. I want to get back up there this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I want to say it's hole number 12 (the tee box in my avatar). It's been a long time but they told us about it before we started our round. Either way it's an awesome course.

I want to say it's hole number 12 (the tee box in my avatar). It's been a long time but they told us about it before we started our round. Either way it's an awesome course.

Yeah, never been there. Thanks!

It's about 2 hours from where I'll be staying. I suppose if we had enough people we could split a cabin. I hadn't really thought about spending the night there - as I was originally intending to play 36 then drive down to Ludington to play my favorite course the next day.
Its about 2 hours from my cabin so I can split it up no problem. Heck we could make it a few days and go play forest dunes too haha

Place looks awesome! Enjoy the trip to see family and golf in Michigan!

I got to play the South Course up there last year and it was awesome. Couldn't get a time on the Bluffs course. I want to get back up there this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Make it happen, cap'n!

I've never had a problem with tee times, but going off of how hard the tourism industry has been hit thanks to COVID I suspect it should be easier than ever.

I believe 12 is the one that is split along the bluff, right? Where you have to carry over a bluff to the fairway, and again to the green?

I believe 12 is the one that is split along the bluff, right? Where you have to carry over a bluff to the fairway, and again to the green?
That sounds right, followed by a par three over a bluff that is really tough if the wind kicks up.

I guess I could consider quitting my job, getting a divorce and making the drive. I’ll flip a quarter!

That looks amazing!!

I'll be there the week of July 4th. My wife is buying it for me as a 40th birthday trip. I'll be there Wed-Saturday, playing the Bluffs Course twice and the South Course once.

I'll be in Michigan at the end of July but I think it's quite a haul to get to Arcadia Bluffs from St. Joseph's never been to either so I don't know. :unsure:

Back