Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Arccos Golf GPS Star Tracking System is the easiest way to improve your game. Pair each sensor just once to each club and Arccos seamlessly captures your round data (without disrupting your game), and gives it to you right in your hand, instantly. Letting you make smarter choices right on the course, so you can have your best game, every game.

Each lightweight Arccos sensor attaches to the grip end of your club and is connected to that club when paired with the iPhone app. After that, there's no need to tap, touch, or interfere with your pre-swing routine. Arccos automatically captures every step of your golf game without interruption.

I will be updating this thread as often as possible to give feedback on this through the next few weeks. Please, do not hesitiate to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.

066506FC-FC28-44F1-93E4-CA2BF65B11F5.jpg

Sounds pretty nifty...will be following along your testing

Unboxing:

0711C889-0A4A-4C67-990C-A3C80AD1C307.jpg

B11FEC42-99F9-446A-8E8D-94085C92F2C4.jpg

37C583A0-126E-4D0D-9C01-8F3E9F8A3EAC.jpg

64F821E6-632B-4DD3-BCF9-744CAADC4F67.jpg

B0404F57-DC87-4F0B-86C9-8857BB5CD011.jpg

I have really enjoyed using Arccos for the past few months. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I have really enjoyed using Arccos for the past few months. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I'm excited to try it to say the least. The weather the next couple days is a little rough but it'll be pretty fun. Just skimming the iPhone app, it looks like it can track a lot of good stuff and most importantly, there's nothing I have to remember to wear or charge before the round.

The GPS feature is also pretty interesting. It'll be nice to compare between my gps vs the satellite imaging the app uses.

I'm excited to try it to say the least. The weather the next couple days is a little rough but it'll be pretty fun. Just skimming the iPhone app, it looks like it can track a lot of good stuff and most importantly, there's nothing I have to remember to wear or charge before the round.

The GPS feature is also pretty interesting. It'll be nice to compare between my gps vs the satellite imaging the app uses.

I compared the GPS feature to my Golf Buddy GPS and the two were within 0-2yds of each other, ever time I compared them. They just sent out the first quarter survey to all users so we could rate our experience and give feed back on what we want to see added or changed, which I think is a great. I use the add shot feature to measure distances to hazards, which is a good work around until they add that feature.

If if you ride for most of your rounds, try to make sure when you carry multiple clubs in your hands you do with the grip down. This will save you from getting phantom shots added.

How does it deal with practice swings?

Ok so magic got it :alien:

I'd love to see some distances with my nice fluid practice swings....real ones not so much.
Can I assume this has a price point close to game golf?

I've always wondered about how well they stay on the clubs during a round. Looking forward to your thoughts!

I'd love to see some distances with my nice fluid practice swings....real ones not so much.
Can I assume this has a price point close to game golf?

Negative. Gamegolf runs at 199.99 and only gives you stat tracking. Arccos gives you a GPS device, the stat tracking, and tour like analysis of them for 399.99.

Edit: Having not taken it out on the course yet, I can't confirm it yet. However, it does indicate via their website that it'll do shot recommendations based on how/what you've hit from similar yardages. So for example, if GPS says I'm 130 out, it may say hit X club because you have an average of Y with it, with a max of Z. Therefore, you have about a distance gap it could go of x-y.

Oh I see

would love to see all the stats and analysis and how you like them after a couple of roinds

My own caddie...I like that. ..Might get people to club up like they should too.

would love to see all the stats and analysis and how you like them after a couple of roinds

As am I. Letting me know club recommendations is nice. Recommendations because of statistical data that backs up that you're better with this club than what you have in hand? That has my full attention.

As am I. Letting me know club recommendations is nice. Recommendations because of statistical data that backs up that you're better with this club than what you have in hand? That has my full attention.

Nice, i didn't know it has all that. cant wait for your feed back on it.

Negative. Gamegolf runs at 199.99 and only gives you stat tracking. Arccos gives you a GPS device, the stat tracking, and tour like analysis of them for 399.99.

Edit: Having not taken it out on the course yet, I can't confirm it yet. However, it does indicate via their website that it'll do shot recommendations based on how/what you've hit from similar yardages. So for example, if GPS says I'm 130 out, it may say hit X club because you have an average of Y with it, with a max of Z. Therefore, you have about a distance gap it could go of x-y.

Would it be #outingapproved? Curious because of the shot recommendations, etc.

Cheers!

I haven't received shot suggestions from Arccos. However, you could pull up your club averages from past rounds data or look through the holes you have currently played that round to see how far you clubs you have hit so far have gone

I haven't received shot suggestions from Arccos. However, you could pull up your club averages from past rounds data or look through the holes you have currently played that round to see how far you clubs you have hit so far have gone

I'll have to try the feature out when I get some use out of it to see how it's useful. I don't think it'll say, "no hit 8i vs 9i" but if I can see I'm more likely to hit a green with 8 and I'm not going to go over, I can use the data as a suggestion on what to do. It still takes the execution to hit the shot, but it's one less thing to think about. I hope that makes sense?

Looking forward to your thoughts Wardy. Despite the price difference, I'd probably go with the Arccos over GameGolf because it offers more features and doesn't involve tapping each club before every shot like GameGolf. However, I really wish they would come out with Android compatibility, that's the holdup for me right now.

Looking forward to your thoughts, Ward. The price is a bit steep for me, but I think it would be very useful.

Two things I'm curious about is 1. Battery life on the phone since it's using an app to communicate with the sensors. 2. How does it handle short shots (pitches,chips, 1/2, 3/4, etc)

Back