Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

I have 9 rounds in with my Arccos and I love it. The setup was simple and other than fixing the occasional extra putt it works pretty seamlessly. I am very happy with this purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. Be had very little issue, save for 1 round where it kept wanting me to be on a specific hole. OITW got me straightened out though.

I also like that a bunch of my guys from team New England have it and I can see how their rounds are going. It's a simple social functionality but works.

I have 9 rounds in with my Arccos and I love it. The setup was simple and other than fixing the occasional extra putt it works pretty seamlessly. I am very happy with this purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using it for over a year now, think I have over 50 rounds now. I have only had one very frustrating experience with it, and that was a few weeks ago when it didn't update a hole. On the 4th hole it thought I was still playing the 1st hole... showed me as hitting my 18th shot or something.

I ended the round and deleted it. Not sure what happened, but has not happened before.

I'm the same way. Be had very little issue, save for 1 round where it kept wanting me to be on a specific hole. OITW got me straightened out though.

I also like that a bunch of my guys from team New England have it and I can see how their rounds are going. It's a simple social functionality but works.

It's pretty fantastic with the ease it operates and you can set and forget

So had my first round with Arccos and so far it has not been good. Maybe I should preface it by saying I'm on the Android version, but that shouldn't matter since they've released the product.

I got it Friday evening and started up the app and setup all my sensors on all my clubs, and at the end hit the 'Play golf' button to go into the regular part of the App, but instead it just went back to the screen to setup the sensors again. I went through this routine 4 times in a row (rebooting after the 2nd time). Finally, fed up, I went into the task manager on my phone and manually killed the app, and then went back into it and it actually loaded correctly that time. I then found the course I was going to play Saturday and downloaded the map, which took quite a while actually.

So Saturday at the course, I start Arccos up and it finds my course, but there's no map, just a black screen. I figure maybe it'll show up once I actually start playing, but nope, no map the entire round. The GPS was working as it did track all my hits and their distances, etc, but no map, which made it somewhat useless.

In addition to all that, on some holes one of my partners would hit my ball back to me on the green if I had a gimme, so I'd have to manually edit the hole to add a putt, almost every time I did this the app would crash on me.

I'll give it a few more rounds, but if there isn't some sort of improvement I'm going to have to see about sending it back.

On the plus side, the sensors worked great and it did track all my hits very well.

So had my first round with Arccos and so far it has not been good. Maybe I should preface it by saying I'm on the Android version, but that shouldn't matter since they've released the product.

I got it Friday evening and started up the app and setup all my sensors on all my clubs, and at the end hit the 'Play golf' button to go into the regular part of the App, but instead it just went back to the screen to setup the sensors again. I went through this routine 4 times in a row (rebooting after the 2nd time). Finally, fed up, I went into the task manager on my phone and manually killed the app, and then went back into it and it actually loaded correctly that time. I then found the course I was going to play Saturday and downloaded the map, which took quite a while actually.

So Saturday at the course, I start Arccos up and it finds my course, but there's no map, just a black screen. I figure maybe it'll show up once I actually start playing, but nope, no map the entire round. The GPS was working as it did track all my hits and their distances, etc, but no map, which made it somewhat useless.

In addition to all that, on some holes one of my partners would hit my ball back to me on the green if I had a gimme, so I'd have to manually edit the hole to add a putt, almost every time I did this the app would crash on me.

I'll give it a few more rounds, but if there isn't some sort of improvement I'm going to have to see about sending it back.

On the plus side, the sensors worked great and it did track all my hits very well.

That is a shame a shouldn't be happening definitely reach out to them as their customer service has been great for me

i've had that black screen happen several times on the android version. the download errored some way. i had to uninstall and reinstall the application and re-download the course in order to get the maps to show up.

i also had a terrible time last round. i am also on the android version. still somewhat buggy i think.

anyway my 6i sensor hasn't been pairing for the past week. so i spent about 30 minutes prior to the round changing batteries, trying their sensor reset method, without any success. i finally gave up and tried to download the course i was playing, and ended up with that black screen issue with the maps that the poster before mentioned. having this happened once before, i uninstalled and reinstalled the app. unfortunately, the app kept crashing over and over when i logged in. i had to uninstall and reinstall the app again. i was finally able to get into the app and download the course and the maps actually showed up. all of this took about an hour before my round, which irritated me. and i still had to play my round without the 6i sensor.

on a positive note, customer service seems to be good. i emailed them about the nonworking sensor and they will be sending a new one with a set of new batteries as mine seem to be dying fairly quickly for some reason.

i've had that black screen happen several times on the android version. the download errored some way. i had to uninstall and reinstall the application and re-download the course in order to get the maps to show up.

Do you have to re-setup all the sensors when uninstall/reinstall? I just downloaded the map for the next course I'm supposed to be playing and they showed up, so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue next round.

Do you have to re-setup all the sensors when uninstall/reinstall? I just downloaded the map for the next course I'm supposed to be playing and they showed up, so hopefully it shouldn't be an issue next round.

No I didn't have to repair the sensors. Once you have downloaded the black maps for a particular course I couldn't find any way to delete the map and reflow load other than reinstall. Other maps for other courses may download just fine. I think 2 courses downloaded blank for me out of 7 so far.

Don't usually post but just logged 45 rounds with the iPhone version and have had few problems. With that number of rounds logged I am getting pretty consistent smart averages and a much more realistic view of my club lengths. Still look at the smart data to see which shots have been excluded but I don't see any reason to manually delete shots anymore. I can honestly say it is responsible for lowering my handicap and making changes to my bag by dropping some clubs I don't use that often. I just start it up and check it every few holes but mostly I concentrate on the game and let it do the record keeping. I reviews after the round is over to log gimme putts and the occasional extra shot due to bumping a club. Recently got the Zepp and think this is a good companion for practice.

For those using the Android app, are you still experiencing all these issues? I'm an andorid user and just pulled the trigger before seeing these horrendous reviews.

For those using the Android app, are you still experiencing all these issues? I'm an andorid user and just pulled the trigger before seeing these horrendous reviews.

It hasn't been crashing nearly as much for me lately which is good. I do get the occasional weird thing where it thinks I hit my 6 iron 412 yards or something, but I think they've fixed a lot of the bugs.

just received mine tonight and paired all the clubs. i then tried "checking sensors" by holding down the button on the sensor while in the app..nothing. tried it again with my wife's iphone and it worked just fine. is something wrong with the pairing on my android or did they just not add this to the android app??

just received mine tonight and paired all the clubs. i then tried "checking sensors" by holding down the button on the sensor while in the app..nothing. tried it again with my wife's iphone and it worked just fine. is something wrong with the pairing on my android or did they just not add this to the android app??
Mmm, I don't think I've tried that. Where in the app are you doing it? I can give it a shot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

As long as the app is running and you hold down the button on the club, that clubs data pops up. Vid below:
https://youtu.be/WY0dxLPSslA

I have over 75 rounds logged, started on Iphone, and this summer have used the Android version all summer. Originally took a few rounds to get used to it and how you have to carry clubs with handles pointing down. And double check after each hole that there were no phantom shots or puts to deleat. I basically just look at the phone while im walking to the next tee box and add gimme puts or deleate phantom wedge shots if they show up. Mostly it records correctly, but may deleate one shot a round or so.

I can tell you that Arccos has helped me get my hdc from mid 20s to a 12 this year! It also motivates me to get out there and beat my scores every time I play. It is really an invaluable tool and one that every golfer should have in their bag.

I noticed that they are currently selling it for $100 off on their website, so its $200 brand new, definitely worth picking up at that price.

For the newbies, give the system time and get used to playing with it. The data tracked is soooo worth it.

just a quick FYI, Arccos has confirmed that "Testing Sensors" is not yet available for android. Other than that, my first round with these were awesome! Just wish they had the course I played on record. Shot them an email with the scorecard so I hope it gets added soon because i hated looking at that black screen..

Quick question, is it possible to use this without a sensor on the putter? Having a counterbalanced putter means it doesn't screw in. Can I manually add putts instead of trying some other way of attaching it?

Quick question, is it possible to use this without a sensor on the putter? Having a counterbalanced putter means it doesn't screw in. Can I manually add putts instead of trying some other way of attaching it?

There are buttons to add/remove putts, so I don't think adding them in would be an issue. The problem would be though, is that I don't think it would correctly measure the distance of the shot you hit before your putt, unless it's smart enough to take the distance when you press the 'Add putt' button. I haven't tried that, but honestly I'd be surprised if it were that smart.

I have counter ballanced putter and just use the gimme put option. I dont even bother having the putter sensor with me. It works just fine, however it messes up the handicap on aproach and putter. Other than that its fine

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I have counter ballanced putter and just use the gimme put option. I dont even bother having the putter sensor with me. It works just fine, however it messes up the handicap on aproach and putter. Other than that its fine

Thanks. What does you mean by handicap on approach and putter, does it track handicaps for different parts of your game?(Total skim alert)

Thanks. What does you mean by handicap on approach and putter, does it track handicaps for different parts of your game?(Total skim alert)
It does, but I don't put much stock in it. My putting sucks, and this is what it has for me.
a37029ab37e1c90cbb1251a8dde5b88e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea it calculates aproach hdc by how close to the pin you get and it cant correctly calculate tgat with gimme puts

Thanks for the feedback. I got one as a gift, but with not being able to use it on the counterbalanced putter and how that effects the rest of the measurements I am not sure if I want to keep it.

Back