Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

Well after 20+ rounds for Android I finally decided to return the Arccos system. What started as a flawless shot tracking system ended up being buggy and frustrating. I would say my first 5 rounds were perfect, zero issues. Then the problems started, first I encountered a couple missed shots here and there, not big deal as I could manually enter them. Eventually I noticed some clubs consistently not being tracked, so I replaced all the batteries in every sensor. Even after replacing the batteries, I would have a couple of missed shots per round with various clubs. What became more annoying was manually entering the shots became difficult too. The app would not let me add a shot in the appropriate sequence for the hole. The only way to add the shot in the appropriate sequence would be to delete all shots from that hole and manually re-enter them from memory. After some time, I encountered the black screen in the middle of my round, which forced you to uninstall and reinstall the application. This happened about 2 more times over the course of the next month. Then in the middle of my round I experienced this (see below images). Yes, thats a 731yd lob wedge shot.

Its a great system when it was working right. The customer service is extremely quick to respond and try to help, they even sent me a replacement sensor when I first encountered missed shots. But in the end it wasnt worth dealing with the finicky system. Im hopeful these issues were primarily due to Android being a new platform for them and perhaps these bugs will be fixed down the road. Id probably purchase another system if they released some type of updated version or I felt confident the system is working as expected.

Screenshot_20160808-144224_zpstrvd9qyi.jpg

Screenshot_20160808-144224_zpstrvd9qyi.jpg

Thats a shame mike. It does have its flaws and its not perfect. I have over 100 rounds now and i never really have issues anymore.

Some tips are. After each hole, check to make sure all shots are recorded. Then i always manually move the system to the next hole, make sure to select "no" when it asks you to move tge shots to next hole.

Also i dont use the putter sensor and just use gimme puts. I found it easier and more consistent this way.

This system has helped me go from a 20+ hdc to a 12 just this year. Its a very valuable tool, and motivates me to improve every round.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Thats a shame mike. It does have its flaws and its not perfect. I have over 100 rounds now and i never really have issues anymore.

Some tips are. After each hole, check to make sure all shots are recorded. Then i always manually move the system to the next hole, make sure to select "no" when it asks you to move tge shots to next hole.

Also i dont use the putter sensor and just use gimme puts. I found it easier and more consistent this way.

This system has helped me go from a 20+ hdc to a 12 just this year. Its a very valuable tool, and motivates me to improve every round.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Believe me, it was a tough decision to finally give it back. I too enjoyed studying my rounds to figure out where I was giving up strokes. The frustrations outweighed the pros after a while, hopefully ill be back on board down the road.

I got $75 off offer for it as "beta tester" so would be $175 total for me. I am tempted but have a kid due next spring and probably wont get much golf in next summer :(

That might be worth it for the smaller size and if they are better... ponder mode is engaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to upgrade to the new version it looks like a great upgrade to the current generation

I have both Game Golf Live and Arccos and the last time I used Arccos was early summer. What little information given about 360 hasn't sparked any intreats in me upgrading to 360. They are trying to make a bid deal about reducing the size of their sensors but the size sensors has never been an issue to me and I don't recall any other users complaining about their size or weight. The better battery life is definitely a plus - but no batteries would be even better. Based on the information that was released today it's a big no for me.

I'll be getting the new Arccos 360 over the off season and am really looking forward to using it next year!

I didn't notice if this was addressed in the previous 30 pages, so at the risk of repeating a question...

Does the Arccos app still run if you turn off the screen on your phone when putting the phone in your pocket? There are certain apps that shut off when you close the screen (i.e. YouTube) and I would imagine if you have the phone in your pocket with the screen open, you'd inadvertently "tap" the screen in your pocket while playing. Seems to me you'd really need to be able to shut that screen off in order to put the phone in your pocket.

I didn't notice if this was addressed in the previous 30 pages, so at the risk of repeating a question...

Does the Arccos app still run if you turn off the screen on your phone when putting the phone in your pocket? There are certain apps that shut off when you close the screen (i.e. YouTube) and I would imagine if you have the phone in your pocket with the screen open, you'd inadvertently "tap" the screen in your pocket while playing. Seems to me you'd really need to be able to shut that screen off in order to put the phone in your pocket.
Yah, I always turn the screen off when putting it in my pocket, it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yah, I always turn the screen off when putting it in my pocket, it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks.

Anyone know if the Android version is any better these days? Looks like there were some massive issues as recently as mid-August.

Awesome, thanks.

Anyone know if the Android version is any better these days? Looks like there were some massive issues as recently as mid-August.

I haven't had any major issues lately like I did at the beginning with the app crashing, not loading maps, etc. The issues I have now are with it registering extra putts and stuff like that, so you just have to be careful and check at the end of each hole.

I haven't had any major issues lately like I did at the beginning with the app crashing, not loading maps, etc. The issues I have now are with it registering extra putts and stuff like that, so you just have to be careful and check at the end of each hole.

Good to know.

Yeah, I figured I'd be watching the app at least at the end of each hole. That doesn't really bother me. I spend a lot of time currently tracking all my stats on paper, so this will probably be LESS intrusive, lol. As long as I get quick with hole editing, I don't foresee any problems.

Also, I'm holding out for the new 360 version, which supposedly has fixed a lot of the registering real shots.

So I preordered the 360 set (they said they are fulfilling preorders now) and they gave me a code for $50.00 off on the set because I had the original model.

So $199 delivered, and I get to keep the old set. Will probably change the batteries and sell the original version once I get 360. If I can get $75-100 out of it than I will be happy.

I got delivery notification on the 360 today so I will give it a go tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

I got delivery notification on the 360 today so I will give it a go tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

When did you order yours? I just put mine in last week so curious how long of a wait it will be. The updated software is an improvement in my opinion.

Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

I don't like the idea of phone in my pocket but if I order Apple Watch will that work with this app?

I don't like the idea of phone in my pocket but if I order Apple Watch will that work with this app?

No.

No.

Dang it. I really want to try this app but phone in my pocket is no bueno for me

Dang it. I really want to try this app but phone in my pocket is no bueno for me

Sorry, was walking my dog and meant to give you a little more detail. There is some functionality for the App and the watch, but it all runs through the phone. I asked Arccos directly about the 2nd series iWatch having GPS and if this might be able to take the place of the phone and they responded back that at this time they had no plans to use the GPS in the watch...

That might be because the Arccos 360 model uses the microphone and gyroscope in the phone to register contact... something that they have not yet perfected.

But I would stay tuned, I received a survey not that long ago about them developing a device that was roughly the size of a thumb drive. You would keep this in your pocket and would let you leave your phone in your bag/cart.

Hopefully they keep working on it and have something out soon.

Thanks to the generosity of THPers I'll get to give these a whirl, can't wait to check out the stats!

Back