Are You A Mudder?

Not any more. No need to when you can play 7 days a week.

I've played all day (36 holes) in 50 degree rain.

It was guy's weekend, and there's no bad weather, just bad clothing choices.......

I'll play in a light rain but if it's coming down hard and it's just a casual round I'm likely staying home. If it's a tournament or event I have no problem playing. If I didn't wear glasses I'd probably play in the rain more often but glasses are a huge pain in the rain.

Love playing in the rain. It normally means the course is pretty wide open. Also makes you focus that little bit extra so can lead to better play. And there is something very peaceful about it (maybe the noise or maybe the fact that there are only a few idiots dumb enough to be out there haha).

Light rain/drizzle but expected to end soon or stay light...sure.
Light rain but good chance it will get worse...nah.
Hard/steady rain...nah.

Prefer perfect weather obviously but so long as there is no lightning or hail risk I'll play in decently heavy rain and on sloppy wet courses. There are pros and cons to playing in the rain just like anything.

Generally try not to be but I have been a couple times this year

Played too many rounds in the mud, not a fan

Absolutely!!!

I can handle rain. I can’t handle electricity.

I will not start a round if its raining. Once on the course, I'll keep playing through a mist or VERY LIGHT drizzle. Other than that I'm staying in when its raining out.

High winds, extreme cold, and lightening are the only things Ma Nature can throw at me to keep from playing.

Being a Mojave Desert Rat, I don't see hardly any of those three weather issues.

If it a downpour then no, if a drizzle that may end during round, I’ll usually roll the dice. In the latter case, the course will typically be dead. I have pretty good rain gear so I don’t mind especially if it’s on the day that I would just be sitting in front of the couch anyway.

Do you play in the rain? Not continue the round if it starts raining, but willing to go out when it's coming down?

A light rain when its warm out? Possibly.
If its rain all day no thanks its hard enough in the nice weather.

I'll only purposely head out in the rain if it's a planned event or tournament. Early forecast, it looks like that just might be the case Saturday morning for our over/under 55 club tournament.

If it starts raining while playing, anything short of a complete downpour and/or lightening, I'll likely continue on. "Likely" being lower back dependent. If it's cold and raining, I'm doomed. The back will spasm, tighten quickly and I'm finished.

But typical summer rain? I actually like it and will mostly play pretty well. Often, I won't even take any precautions other than rain gloves. I'll usually go without rain gear or an umbrella.

Gotta love the caveats , 😂I will only .... if it’s light rain....,, but it’s it competitions....etc

The worst day on a golf course is better than the best day at work ....

Rain is water , l shower maybe twice daily , would l play golf daily , now let’s park that thought.....

lf you have good really good wet weather gear ( sourced mine from Scotland ) storm suit , your not getting wet full stop .

Understand the lighting and the storm weather issues in some countries ( Usa ) etc l get, may be dangerous to individuals. More of a rarity in my location.

Played away on golf trips and, local regained area in inclement weather, funny things happen when it rains , why waste a opportunity to not have around and laugh, can always dry off latter.

So that’s affirmative for me , playing inclement conditions , and would l play daily too , yeah😀👍

Yup, unfortunately if I bailed every time it either looked like rain, forecast rain, started raining midway or was raining on the 1st tee then I would only play about 10% of the rounds that I do. It rains here, a LOT. This is just this week's forecast - and it's supposed to be mid summer :LOL:

Summer.png

Yup, unfortunately if I bailed every time it either looked like rain, forecast rain, started raining midway or was raining on the 1st tee then I would only play about 10% of the rounds that I do. It rains here, a LOT. This is just this week's forecast - and it's supposed to be mid summer :LOL:

View attachment 9020367
😂👍😀

Do you play in the rain? Not continue the round if it starts raining, but willing to go out when it's coming down?

View attachment 9020262
Eh, light rain absolutely because I’m an addict. Heavy rain, depends on if it’s solo or with friends.

I almost always go to the course, just in case there’s a window. If no window to tee off, I will head home.

Not worth my time to do on purpose.

If it is a normal round with no significance and raining outside, I won’t bother to play. If I get caught, I’ll def finish the round.

Back