Are you a music in the cart guy or gal?

USMCbomber0311

Let the big dog eat
Reaction score
Handicap
Over the course of the past few years I have noticed that playing music on a wireless speaker in golf carts during rounds has become more common. I have noticed this with people that I play with on a regular basis and strangers on the course.

Question:
Is this something you enjoy? Or do you prefer to enjoy the sounds of the golf course while you play?

IMO: I enjoy a bit of silence and the sounds of the golf course. I have a lot of noise in my life with two kids and a wife (that I love very much) and I really like just being on the course with my thoughts and playing golf. Not to mention the great conversation that sometimes only happens during a round of golf.

That being said, I don't "dislike" music during my golf round so much that I would tell someone to turn it off... :act-up: Also, there is one exception which is Scrambles or Playdays.

No, I prefer to socialize and enjoy nature.

I enjoy both. It also depends on what kind of music is being played. I can't remember the last get together we had where someone wasn't blasting music.

I enjoy it if my playing partners don't mind. I rarely play with music, but when I do, I definitely enjoy it.

I have gotten to where I enjoy having some tunes playing when I am on the course.

I don't really care but I do lean a little more on the just socialize and talk side.

Definitely a tunes on the course player. Keeps me relaxed and keeps my mind at ease with a little white noise of music that I love. Can understand why it's not for everyone and make sure that it doesn't interrupt other players on the course.

Either way is fine for me. I do enjoy listening to music at a respectful level while I play, but I don't miss it when it's not there. Just got a Creative WOOF at BJ's for $20. It's perfect to keep in the bag. It has a micro sd slot that holds up to a 32 gig card so it plays like an MP3 player but navigation is not user friendly. Works great as a Bluetooth speaker though.

My opinion was always if you aren't imposing it onto me then I don't care if you have music or not, but I didn't want music in my cart.

Then I went to Florida last November and played with cookie and Howzat.

And now I have it almost every round I play. I always ask first and don't play it loud enough to hear if you aren't playing with us.

I prefer to have music playing while I'm on the course, but not to the point where everyone on the course can hear it. Unfortunately some people don't understand that concept and want the whole course to hear what they are playing...perhaps to demonstrate their wireless speaker is far superior to anyone else's....

I don't mind it as long as its not too loud. If its too loud it can be distracting.

I think this sums up music's impact on my golf game.

6a00d83451c7bb69e20115700d80b8970c-pi

Definitely, I always wear headphones/earbuds when playing alone, and when practicing, so why not? :act-up:

Although, I don't think I'd do it loud enough to bother someone else, and I doubt I'd do it when playing with strangers.

I do not like it, but I can usually ignore it. I don't like having to ignore it though.

I think it is entirely dependent on the type of mood the foursome has, the type of music that is being played, and the volume that it is being played.

If you can hear cart music from a hole over, hell no. That's just rude.

It's funny... As much of a music lover as I am, I don't really want it on the course. But if someone is playing it, and it isn't obnoxious, I don't have an issue.

I can take it or leave it, I prefer a quite golf course if it is my call. For example, if I were playing alone...I would never play music.

I don't ever play music from a speaker when I'm playing but really don't care if my cart mate does or anyone else in the group does. The one thing I do hate is when people blast music and I can hear it on the next hole.

I like music depending on the round. If I'm playing by myself early in the morning I prefer to just have the quiet.

I like to listen to music while I practice or during a practice round, but during a round I'm trying to score I'm not a fan. When I play with people who do put on music they usually ask if it is ok, but I don't want to make it awkward and say no; 99.9% of the time they turn on country and I don't like country.

I think it is entirely dependent on the type of mood the foursome has, the type of music that is being played, and the volume that it is being played.

If you can hear cart music from a hole over, hell no. That's just rude.

I would agree with being able to hear another groups music a hole over. The trouble that some people run into is when they are pulling up to another tee box, either the same or near by..... It's not a huge deal to me but I guess it just bothers me a bit...

I like to listen to music while I practice or during a practice round, but during a round I'm trying to score I'm not a fan. When I play with people who do put on music they usually ask if it is ok, but I don't want to make it awkward and say no; 99.9% of the time they turn on country and I don't like country.

I think that is a good point. Even when people are being polite and asking other group members if they care if they play music. Generally people (including me) won't say yes. Just because they don't want it to be awkward.

I do not much like music on the course. I especially dislike it when the drunk idiots 2 holes over are blasting Alice Cooper, as happened this past Saturday. I think that those types of situations have soured me to music on course in general.

So far I am actually surprised by the feedback on this thread. I thought that pro music was going to be the overwhelming majority. At this point it is about 50/50..

Back