• I used to be cool.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I'm so cool, I wear a parka in July.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
I'm middle agesmd and married, so cool just looks like you're unhappy. 😆

He's 44, and still goes out past 11pm regularly. :oops:

haha this made me laugh

i've never been cool the way you've defined it in the op, but i used to be cool relative to the popular kid crowd in my circles of influence. over time i've drawn more inward and isolating my interactions to my family and a very small group of people, which makes me less cool and socially appropriate in larger settings. which is a-ok with me.

Always have been a comfort guy as far as clothes and was never really in to trendy things so I guess not cool:LOL:

If you are that worried about what you are going to wear then it’s already too late for you @Space Bandito

I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it*, and what's *it* seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you...

Probably cool for 1977... I live in my Vans (other than golf), I have about 12 pairs of various designs and special editions, Well worn Levi's with the odd frayed seam. T-shirts and shorts once the temp gets above 50 or so.

I have no idea what I am, once I get past husband and father. You'd have to ask someone else on my behalf. I do know that back when I had to go to an office every day, suit and tie, it seemed any tie I bought was worn 1 or 3 times and never again, while ties I received as gifts or where my wife (or daughters) chose them were able to be worn for many years (still have most/all of them). I have thus dedicated my life to letting them pick my clothes - so that I don't have anymore 1 off items.

parents-cool-dad.gif

Never had it. Probably never will. I'll likely be blue jeans and polo until I die.

Right now it's even worse. I'm frumpy guy because I'm losing weight but I'm not ready to run out and buy a new wardrobe because I'm going to lose more. So I'm wearing some pants and shirts that are now way too big.

I guess people would say I'm pretty cool. I generally get compliments on the clothes I wear, drive a nice Cadillac SUV, and probably give off the appearance of "living the good life" with my country club shenanigans. I travel a lot, have an oceanfront condo, and live on a lake. I've got an army of close friends that I would do anything for and I'm sure they would do the same for me. I also always did really well with the ladies over the years.

It's not all it's cracked up to be though. Admittedly, I'm a pretty vain person. I give off the DGAF attitude, but I care way too much about what people think of me.

Not at all. Hate large crowds. I've always been a recluse. The rare times that I don't have my daughter, if I'm not playing golf or fishing, I'm usually at home writing.

Nope, at least not when I am single. Usually its the other half that styles me up.

Comfort 💯 for me. I'm also in Montana, so we're at least 6 months behind cool anyway.

Late 90's, sow your wild oats time. I hung out.

Zegna Sportcoats, pants, and ties were as "cool" as I got. Enjoyed good restaurants. They stay hung in the closet over 20 yrs later.

Now:

Jeans, Casual Shirts, T-Shirts, Henleys, Shorts, 1/4 Zips, True Linkswear Golf Shoes are my casual shoe, sandals. I buy Sale items and not much. So-Called Cool Brands - James Perse, Vince, Good Man. I have one suit and a navy sport coat.

Stay at home, go to concerts occasionally, eat out occasionally but it's burgers and a beer at a local joint.

Not in any cool crowd.
James Perse is understated cool. I love their stuff but it doesn't hold up well

Within my circle of friends, yes, definitely the cool one.
Outside of that? Gosh no.

My kids are now into my "cool stuff" from my youth.... but mainly toys lol.

Here is my level of coolness now, quoting children's shows:
To quote Bluey "These are all my things from when I used to be cool!"
I associate with Dad from Bluey so very much. He just gets it.

If you are that worried about what you are going to wear then it’s already too late for you @Space Bandito
See that's where I'm confused. I'm not sure if I'm concerned with what to wear on a level of impressing anyone, or fitting in, but rather I think I am seeing this as an opportunity to get back into cool fashion - no chance I'm going back into the "scene"

If you think your cool, you’re not!

Back