Votes: 8 7.3%
  • My mom says I'm cool

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I used to be cool.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I'm so cool, I wear a parka in July.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Nope, never worried about that. I always had a way of getting along with people and as far as fashion or trends go, I never tried to keep up with any of that either.

I pretty much exclusively shop at Costco (clothes and all), is that cool?

In my mind I am cooler than the spot right under the AC duct in late July. But in reality I am dumpy middle aged man. Oh well, my self esteen is still strong enough that I could care less.

I'm definitely not cool and never have been :ROFLMAO:🤷‍♂️

when you're buying clothes at Walmart, target and Costco you're definitely not cool

Last edited:
I’m barely 31 and I definitely feel as though I’m out on most trends these days. I think a lot of it had to do with how quick trends are designed to turn over these days, compared to when I was a teen/early 20’s it felt like they lasted longer and had a more lasting impression.
I definitely think I’ve had some experiences in my life people would think are “cool” like live sporting events/concerts/trips when they’re brought up, but not sure that qualifies me as a cool person.

i don't know when it happened but being cool quit being a thing for me a long time ago...and now in my 50's, i give less f**ks about it.

In my mind I am cooler than the spot right under the AC duct in late July. But in reality I am dumpy middle aged man. Oh well, my self esteen is still strong enough that I could care less.
You can be modest all you want. You're pretty cool from what I recall.

I appreciate dressing nice and all. You won’t find me in da club with a bottle full of bub. I don’t give two s***s about being out and seen, prefer quiet evening with my wifey. Bar bills are about as big a waste of money as there is.

I spend the majority of my online time on a discussion board about golf. Definitely not cool.

And if you think you are cool you probably are wrong.

For the most part I've always bucked whatever is "trendy" - if everybody is doing it, I'm gonna do something else. I've never been into the glitzy glamor "beautiful people" scene, and have always actively gone out of my way to avoid it. Phony and narcissistic just isn't my thing.

I had no idea how to answer the poll given the choices. So, I'll just explain here.

I am pretty picky about my outfits. I like to wear things that look good and look good together IMO. Having said that I am no slave to the latest trends. I am complimented A LOT on my outfits, or specific choices of elements of my outfits. I've NEVER been accused of following or epitomizing any fashion trends.

Cole Haan shoes typically aren't thought of as on the edge of the fashion scene, but I've got shoes from them and others that have gotten a lot of compliments. Neither are Walter Hagan polos, but again I've gotten a lot of compliments on the ones I own and wear. On the golf course, I've been accused many times of having way too well-put-together outfits.

Nope. I’m just Nerdy

I don't think I was ever cool. Maybe 1980-83 :LOL:

James Perse is understated cool. I love their stuff but it doesn't hold up well

I was born in NorCal, lived a bit in SoCal, so that part of me wants to be understated and comfortable.

I avoid their pants and shorts, and just get tops. Pants haven't worked. I've had a few Henleys since 2014 that I still wear on occasion although the buttons on those need work. I stick with the henleys, t's, and polos. Have some of the standard shirts but they did not do much for me. I shop the sales on the first day before my size 3 is gone.:) I limit myself now to about one item every 6 months ...😕

And when I have an SO, she gets treated with sales items, too.;)

Last edited:
Nope. Never worried myself with that stuff - I've always had sports to keep me busy. And most of the time growing up, that meant wearing team kit.

Now I wear what's comfortable. Golf pants and a polo are my usual go-to for work. Outdoor gear like Arc'teryx or Fjallraven are my fixtures for casual or otherwise. At home, it's track pants and a hoodie.

Accent is all good and well until they say (not ask) 'are you from South Africa, England etc) 🤣

True but it could be worse, they could say New Zealand...🙃😬

More folks with better accent geography around you huh?

More like they keep throwing out country names until they get it right. :rolleyes:

Back