Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
No, I don't mean it in a way like do your kids think you're hip. I mean it as how well you adhere to trends in terms of fashion, and culture.

I think I used to be cool. I was a nightlife guy, out at the hottest clubs, traveling with DJs and rock stars, and hanging around beautiful people. I would regularly buy new clothes to keep up with the trends, and styled my hair in ways that were popular.

When I settled down and had kids, I think the coolness faded. Nowadays you'll find me in a pair of jeans, a polo, and a 1/4 zip. I went from hip to comfortable. Even for meetings, I rarely wear suits, and usually just wear a button down under a nice sweater of jacket. I don't understand half of the terms that are used on Instagram/TikTok, and you won't catch me dead in a pair of cropped sweatpants unless I have a cold, and need to run out for some medicine.

I have a dinner coming up with some friends this weekend - we haven't seen them in a few years (they're in from NY,) and these friends have definitely remained cool. He's 44, and still goes out past 11pm regularly. :oops: We're having dinner at a super trendy restaurant in London (not my scene at all, I like places where you're not paying to be seen,) and I have it in my head that I should try to look cool again - and maybe keep it that way.

I've spent the last week shopping, as has my wife (though she is arguably more fashion forward than I am,) and I'm sure American Express is not very happy with me right now. I guess I'll try to be cool again - for now.

What do you think? Have it? Had it? Never Had it? Never wanted it?

As Abe Simpson once said, "I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was"

What do you think? Have it? Had it? Never Had it? Never wanted it?

Never had it and don't want it.

The only thing I have that some people think is cool is my accent. 🤷‍♂️

Not cool in that regard.

was called cool yesterday though (with a guy similar age to me I was golfing with…not my mom!) 😂

Your brain is a scary place at times. This is one of those times.

And no. I have not, and will never be cool.

I think you're the bomb dizzle.

I used to wear all the cool stuff. Now I stopped caring.

Maybe that makes me cool? But probably just old.

I went to a lot of edm shows and festivals when I was younger but never was a club type person.

I was always into shoes though so I guess in high school and even now that was some kind of cool factor? I am now almost 40 I'm know as the old sneakerhead in the office. I work with mostly mid 20s people. My style through college was very 90s early 2000s hip hop. I never was super popular or "cool" though.

Last edited:
My kids call me "One crazy old dude". Is that the same as cool? I didn't think so.

I wear New Balance 608’s every day. So, cool is an impossibility. right out of the gate… :ROFLMAO:
Ehhh new balance are very big right now. You're so cool you didn't even know you had it!

Winter is getting to us all I see

No, not really.

When I got married my coolness died. But I don't miss it at all! I enjoy casual clothes more than dress up and I am always googling some new term that the kids are using because I have no idea what it means. And don't worry I think American Express loves you!

When I got married my coolness died. But I don't miss it at all! I enjoy casual clothes more than dress up and I am always googling some new term that the kids are using because I have no idea what it means. And don't worry I think American Express loves you!
Yeah, I really don't like having to google the slang, and you're probably right, they're quite happy right now

Last edited:
I used to think I was back in the day, but I know I'm not now. But I don't care one way or the other, nor care what others think. Sucks getting old sometimes. Now if you don't mind, I have to go take a nap :ROFLMAO:

I was a nerd growing up, had a cool job in the 70's, went back to nerd in the 80's, nerds became cool in the 90's. Now I'm just and old nerd.

Nope not in the least- I'd actually classify myself as more of a nerd than "cool". I'm ok with it and embrace it!

Back