Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

Iron covers? Maybe you can join team AZ. :p
Prolly too much time on my hands sitting around the house in this cast.....FIRST order of business is to get it off and get my Christmas lights down......Got them up the weekend of thanksgiving , right before i broke it, hate being "that guy" whose lights are still up

Things are going well here in the PHX area. My back is getting better where I can start practicing again. I never stopped playing for too long, but probably should have instead of flailing at the ball. I look forward to playing in TX and meeting some more THP

Played a tournament in Bastrop and ended up having a couple drinks and eating with one of the pros out at Wolfdancer. He said he might be able to get it down to $99 for the green fees.

How you guys finish?

How you guys finish?
We got smoked. We ended up being put in the Championship flight because they weight the A player a higher percentage than the B player and my buddy is a +5. All the other players in our flight were + handicaps who played in college or some small pro stuff. The winning team had a guy playing that and the guy that won the Texas State Open. As a 5-6 handicap I had no business playing in that flight.

I've had Magnolia Golf reach out to me. We can sign up for the following 3 courses for between $75-$125/ round. Are these places worth it:

Falconhead Golf Club

Avery Ranch Golf Club

Teravista Golf Club

I've had Magnolia Golf reach out to me. We can sign up for the following 3 courses for between $75-$125/ round. Are these places worth it:

Falconhead Golf Club

Avery Ranch Golf Club

Teravista Golf Club
Falconhead GC >>>>>>>>Avery/Teravista

IMHO ;)

Falconhead Golf Club

Avery Ranch Golf Club

Teravista Golf Club
I've played Avery Ranch and Teravista both. They are both good courses. I've seen Teravista ranked around 80 or so in the top 100 courses in Texas. I have heard Falconhead is a good course too but haven't played it.

Falconhead Golf Club

Avery Ranch Golf Club

Teravista Golf Club

Falconhead = yes.
Avery = you would enjoy it, just a step below Falconhead IMO.
Terravista is ok, but would not be memorable and certainly not worth a trip from AZ to play. It is a housing development type of course.

Playing Falconhead on Thursday then Wolfdancer Fri-Sun. Now that this stupid weather has moved out we can get back to playing some golf. Will post up some pics and thoughts again on the 2 courses.

Based on the timing of the Morgan Cup, I think the event date should be Sept 24 to 26. What do you guys think?

Based on the timing of the Morgan Cup, I think the event date should be Sept 24 to 26. What do you guys think?

In my experience since being on THP, guys selected for a THP event that are/were interested in a gathering before hand end up passing on the gathering in the end, esp. when so close together. Don’t know if a few weeks in between would matter all that much. If they were months apart there would be a shot but again just my experience.

Hopefully a few guys from Texas and Arizona are selected to the MC, and if so, I don’t think will impact the gathering due to the interested garnered already.

But I can also see how you wouldn’t want to “compete” w/ the MC tread that weekend so would understand a move to accommodate that too.

In my experience since being on THP, guys selected for a THP event that are/were interested in a gathering before hand end up passing on the gathering in the end, esp. when so close together. Don’t know if a few weeks in between would matter all that much. If they were months apart there would be a shot but again just my experience.

Hopefully a few guys from Texas and Arizona are selected to the MC, and if so, I don’t think will impact the gathering due to the interested garnered already.

But I can also see how you wouldn’t want to “compete” w/ the MC tread that weekend so would understand a move to accommodate that too.
More for the competing with the MC thread.

So are we saying your official handicap as of Sept 15th or you lowest handicap from Jan 1 to Sept 15. I've heard it both ways. :)

Playing Falconhead on Thursday then Wolfdancer Fri-Sun. Now that this stupid weather has moved out we can get back to playing some golf. Will post up some pics and thoughts again on the 2 courses.
You will be in the neighborhood!

Agree. Maybe even sooner if some are lucky enough to make the MC. An addd benefit to earlier may be to get some lake time.

Falconhead was a very good layout.
Think the guys will enjoy this course if it makes the cut. Winter grass right now.

View attachment 8995381

Wolfdancer today.....pics to follow.
Falconhead is a fun layout! How was Wolfdancer? I haven't been there in many years.

Through 12 holes so far....really liking it. Would look great in the early fall for this. Fun track.
Yeah it's always been in great shape the few times I've played it except once. That was in the beginning of August when it was hot and dry and the course got a little baked. It was still in pretty good shape though.

That is the dates of my clubs member guest tournament. Would suck to miss that but there will be more of those. The weekend before or after would be perfect though haha.

Just looked at the Texas football schedule and they are playing here in Austin against Rice on Sept. 18th and opening Big 12 play against my Red Raiders here on Sept. 25th. I saw a tweet from the UT Athletic Director that they plan to have 100% capacity for football gamest this fall. That could make those weekends a little more expensive for lodging and potentially golf.

That is the dates of my clubs member guest tournament. Would suck to miss that but there will be more of those. The weekend before or after would be perfect though haha.

Just looked at the Texas football schedule and they are playing here in Austin against Rice on Sept. 18th and opening Big 12 play against my Red Raiders here on Sept. 25th. I saw a tweet from the UT Athletic Director that they plan to have 100% capacity for football gamest this fall. That could make those weekends a little more expensive for lodging and potentially golf.
lol, I'd be sleeping in my truck if that was the case

Back