Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

At 14-13 does this make it official that it's Austin? If so we can maybe make a list of courses and maybe do a similar vote on the courses to play.
At 15-13 we can call the voting closed. Thanks everyone.
Our league meets this Sunday and we’ll discuss and the BOD will make final decision so we can announce location on Monday.

$1,900 for three days at Horseshoe..... talk about bending you over.
Makes the $630 we pay for the tournament a steal. $1,900 is robbery.

You could play 3 nice courses in ATX for let’s say $100 each. Rent a house on the lake for $300-500 a person. Add $100 for Urbers.

I am totally fine with Austin as long as you keep the burnt orange to a minimum. My main thing is not having everyone broke up over a big area. I envision all 24-48 players at one spot having a coke or beer or bourbon and discussing golf and THP and the finer things in life on a Friday evening.

Then we play golf and do that again on Saturday night. I literally could play golf at a $30 muni with a bunch of THP’ers and have the time of my life. Heck, I could get together with my TX brothers from the MC at a putt-putt course in ‘21 and have a fabulous time and consider myself blessed.

Horseshoe Bay approximation:

RTJ Unlimited Golf Package

Experience unlimited golf on three recently renovated, award-winning courses designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Look the part with a 15% discount on merchandise at our clubhouses and experience our world-class dining with $25 food & credit beverage per day.
Package Includes:
  • Classic Guest Room
  • Unlimited rounds of golf per adult from day of arrival through day of departure
  • $25 F&B credit per accommodation per night
  • One round on the Whitewater Putting Course per adult per night
  • A 15% discount off full-priced retail items at the Slick Rock and Cap Rock Clubhouses.
Classic Room Two Beds - 1 room
$ 1,760.95

3 nights 2 adults

Thu, Aug 26, 2021$ 476.65
Fri, Aug 27, 2021$ 642.15
Sat, Aug 28, 2021$ 642.15
Subtotal$ 1,760.95
Taxes$ 111.96
Resort Fees$ 105.00
Total$ 1,977.91

i read this as two adults so splitting a room is roughly $980 a piece... still pricey compared to what I just experienced there a month ago

At 15-13 we can call the voting closed. Thanks everyone.
Our league meets this Sunday and we’ll discuss and the BOD will make final decision so we can announce location on Monday.
We should go with the will of the people. Never been to Austin. Next poll should be the courses I should contact.
Also I will start looking for a place to stay

Quick and diry map of some of the courses that have been talked about and where they are located. Red star is where Pville house is at.

ATX Map.jpg

Texas guys where should we look for lodging in Austin

I recommend looking from Westlake Hills west to Bee Caves and on up to Lakeway areas. There is also downtown area too.

Thanks will start there.

Thanks will start there.
Feel free to shoot me any places you have questions about. I live out in Lakeway and know the areas really well. Nate probably does too

Feel free to shoot me any places you have questions about. I live out in Lakeway and know the areas really well. Nate probably does too
Not like I use to but know the general areas and which are good/popular! Now next question......are we thinking one big ass house for 24 people or break it up into 2 houses, maybe in the same area and close to one another?

Not like I use to but know the general areas and which are good/popular! Now next question......are we thinking one big ass house for 24 people or break it up into 2 houses, maybe in the same area and close to one another?

We were going to try to go big ass first. After all it is Texas hahahaha

Either way, I think we need to have a "Real World THP" vibe implemented into it so we can find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real.... this is The Real World THP

Either way, I think we need to have a "Real World THP" vibe implemented into it so we can find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real.... this is The Real World THP
99FAFAF3-EEBB-4B3F-B975-D22828B28A11.gif

Must have been past your time! You know us millennials and our trash TV.
Believe it or not I did watch the very first season on MTV but I'm gonna need a few more Shiners to tell you the rest of the story.

Must have been past your time! You know us millennials and our trash TV.
Im nearly 50 and still watch WAY to much MTV

The Real World has a season here in Austin I believe.

Yep! That one was right in the wheelhouse of my MTV watching days.

I prefer MTV when they, you know, still had music on it :p

The Real World has a season here in Austin I believe.
Yep! That one was right in the wheelhouse of my MTV watching days.
I remember watching one season w/ a dude that wanted to be a wrestler on WWF one day. Always thought, what a loser, dude will never make it with that crap. See some wrestling event years later and low and behold the dude is competing for the WWE world title. WTF do I know..............

Back