Asheville, NC/ NE Georgia course recommendations

All4's

Need. More. Eagles.
Reaction score
Handicap
Heading to Snellville, GA to pick up a car this Friday. Figured I'd turn it into a nice little golf trip.

Saw that Bear's Best is close to where I'll be in GA.

Other than that was considering heading up to Asheville and playing around there.

Any suggestions?

I saw Linville on the Top 100 list.

I live in Asheville dude. Let's tee it up.

I'd love too!

I should know the when & where's of picking this car up soon. It is looking like I'll probably leave Thu night to head down there, pick it up Fri morning and either play in GA that afternoon or drive up to NC and play that afternoon. Then I'd love to play 36 on Sat if it works. Then I'll probably head home from there or might stay another night and play Sunday.

TC, looks like we are heading to ATL tonight, then driving up to NC in the morning to play Sequoyah National on Saturday and then to TN on Sunday to play River Islands.

glad to see that TC found you for this one! You definitely got to play with TC, he is an awesome guy and you guys would have a blast!

TC, looks like we are heading to ATL tonight, then driving up to NC in the morning to play Sequoyah National on Saturday and then to TN on Sunday to play River Islands.

Nice! Unfortunately, I am leaving tonight to head to Florida! Bummer! Enjoy Sequoyah buddy, it sure is pretty.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

i've played Grove park inn (ross design) and Rheems creek about 2 years ago when i passed through Ashville. Both nice layouts but complete opposites

We played Sequoyah National GC on Sat and River Islands on Sun. I love Sequoyah National and will be going back again. River Islands was just OK to me.

Check out a course called Sky Valley, just over the GA/NC line (in GA). Fun course, beautiful layout, definitely will hit all the clubs in your bag.

Will do if I get back down there again.

I think Asheville, NC might become my new weekend golf destination. It is closer than the majority of the RTJ courses in Alabama we usually hit, has lots of solid courses from what I could tell, I've fallen in love with mountain courses and there are some THP'ers to play with there.

BONUS-the Blue Ridge Pkwy is a great drive.

I'm thinking hard about heading down there the next open weekend I get.

I think you're right All4's. There is some great courses and of course, in Asheville, there's a plethora of watering holes. Do let me know when you get down this way again. Do you just hop on I40?

Yeah I take I-75 to Knoxville and then fire up the afterburners across I-40 to Asheville. Or I can go through the mountains, through tri-cities and come that way. It only adds 45 minutes but is a better drive if your in the mood for scenery and twisty roads.

I'll absolutely let you know when I can make it back down. Would love to tee it up with you.

Yeah I take I-75 to Knoxville and then fire up the afterburners across I-40 to Asheville. Or I can go through the mountains, through tri-cities and come that way. It only adds 45 minutes but is a better drive if your in the mood for scenery and twisty roads.

I'll absolutely let you know when I can make it back down. Would love to tee it up with you.

Yeah man, we can do that for sure. I love golfing with new THP'ers.

I've played a lot of courses in Western NC. My two favorites easily are Mt. Mitchell C.C. and Conestee Falls C.C. outside of Brevard. The 13th par 4 at Mt.Mitchell has got to be one of the best holes in the state..... challenging hole with a beautiful trout stream cutting across the last third of the fairway. Sapphire National located between Lake Toxaway and Cashiers is strong too.

I think there's a really nice course in Dahlonaga. Dont remember though.

You should check out Achasta. It's a Nicklaus in Dahlonega, GA.

Back