Ashworth Cardiff Golf Shoes

I keep trying to find something else as finding a 14 in these locally or online for a discount is impossible.

That said, the look I am not in love with, but I don't hate them. But they are so freakin comfy even when I try on a "too small sized 13"

My biggest gripe is I need more than one color.

I keep trying to find something else as finding a 14 in these locally or online for a discount is impossible.

That said, the look I am not in love with, but I don't hate them. But they are so freakin comfy even when I try on a "too small sized 13"

Dude, I totally feel ya. I cannot find a 14 anywhere either. What a bummer.

Contact Blind9 by clicking the banner in the top right corner. Tell them you are a THPer and see what they can do.

I think I am going to find another pair of these shoes yesterday. I walked in my Nike shoes yesterday and i literally cannot walk today at all, my feet were killing me yesterday like no other. I really like my first pair and I like spike-less shoes a lot better thank spikes.

Excellent questions I like where your head is
To me, they are as comfortable at the end of a round as the start. And, I haven't had any problems with traction (in the rough, or, beyond).

How's the traction with these.....especially in say, the rough? Hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I played a round with these today so I could write something about them. I wear a size 13 medium width. I had no problem with the size when I first purchased them. I was in the store so I could try them on. They fit like a glove, they are well cushioned. I would have written something sooner but when I wear them I never pay attention to them since they are so comfortable. As for traction, I don't move my feet much when swinging but I don't seem to slip in the rough or on the tee, I'm in the rough alot. They seem to feel the same at the start of the round as they do at the end of a round. There's no pinching or stretching out.

I have several pair of Kikkors, and find these more comfortable then any other shoe I've tried. When I travel with someone to play a round I put these on for the day and forget about them. If I didn't have 4 pair of shoes I'd consider getting another pair and may anyway.

I had some pro shop credit to use up and desperately needed to replace my black Adidas powerbands before Saturday's Des Moines outing.

They had my size in the black cardiffs so I went to go try them on and thought they felt pretty good, plus they were on sale!!!

The guy in the shop said "they should stretch a bit" so we'll see how much of that happens, but they honestly were much lighter than I had expected, I wear the FJ Contour Casuals now and love them.

The first thing that jumps out to me on these is when you put them on they seem like just any regular old shoe and don't ooze golf shoe, I kind of like that. The traction pattern on the sole seems a little better than my FJ, but we'll see once we get to TCI on Saturday. It's a good thing we're riding so I can break them in a bit before I walk a round once I'm back home, but I can't wait to see how these perform.

EDIT: Photos added
Cardiff1.jpg

Cardiff2.jpg

Last edited:
I now have several rounds with these and they are getting better every time I wear them. They are stretching out a little bit, but I will not say that I am gaining more room. I doubt if your foot is a bit too wide that they will somehow miraculously fit better after some wear. I have not slipped once and I have played in sun and rain. The waterproofing works too well. The only moisture inside these shoes is my sweat. And this is my only complaint. They are hot. I may opt for a pair of Biom's because they have some vent holes. Other than the heat, they are the best golf shoe that I have ever worn...

Ashworth Cardiff's after 1 month

Ashworth Cardiff's after 1 month

CrWE8.jpg

I was in need of a new pair of golf shoes and thought that I would give the street/spikeless style a go. Of all the new and expanding options, I chose the Cardiff's because of price, not that I don't think they are worth the money, they are, but a teacher budget means I need to pick from my wallet as well as my eyes and heart.

I am glad I purchased these. The Ashworth Cardiff's are some if not the most comfortable golf shoes that I have ever worn, so much so that I look for excuses to wear them every day. Yes, they are pulling double duty. The leather is stiff when new, which I thought would need a break in period, but no, zero issues with blisters or hot feet (I walk as much as I ride). I have played in all conditions, wet to overly dry, and they have performed as well as any shoe that I have worn. No slipping, and they clean up pretty well. The waterproof feature works, however I do notice that some small areas where the water seeps into the leather. Not a huge issue, but be aware that some of the areas may not have been treated as well.

iX8H1.jpg

They have held up great. The are at the stage where areas that bend the most have softened up, while the other areas have remained stiff. I have not noticed any change in waterproofing in the worn and softened areas. In fact, they still mostly feel like new shoes. The white on the sole has been easy to clean, allowing me to keep the newish look far longer than expected.

93JhU.jpg

The nubbed soles have also worn really well considering that I have worn them just as much out and about as on the course. I was afraid that they would soon look like my dress shoes, slanted heel because of the way I walk, but there is only minor wearing down of the nubbs. They still give me all the traction and support that I need when playing a round of golf.

I really only have one quibble with these shoes. They are hot. I am sure this is due to the robust waterproofing, which is kind of a trade off I guess. Thankfully the interior of these do a great job of warding off the stank..

On a scale of 1-10, I give these a solid 9. They have passed my test. They are uber functional, stylish, and so comfortable that you will find yourself making excuses to wear them while not playing. Do yourself a favor and check these out. I doubt that I ever go with the traditional spiked shoe again.....

Great Write up Mr. Grumpy

Those look great after a month. I know you said these shoes were pulling double duty, but how may rounds do you figure you played in them?

Merged with an existing thread. Great stuff Mr. Grumpy.

I think the they look pretty darn good still. The soles look like they have held up well too. I do like the all brown look to them

Those look great after a month. I know you said these shoes were pulling double duty, but how may rounds do you figure you played in them?

Hmm,,, 3 9's and 2 18's, 5 range sessions, 7 matches (not playing), 2 tournaments (not playing) and most days on the street. Wearing them now actually in my classroom :D

Hmm,,, 3 9's and 2 18's, 5 range sessions, 7 matches (not playing), 2 tournaments (not playing) and most days on the street. Wearing them now actually in my classroom :D

That's pretty impressive. I have been pondering a street style golf shoe and this definitely changes my thoughts around a bit.

I think the they look pretty darn good still. The soles look like they have held up well too. I do like the all brown look to them

These do not have the suede bits that others have mentioned. I am glad for that actually... This is my first pair of brown and actually look fine with shorts. Surprising because I have the vision of only white with shorts....

Great review Grumpy.

I got my first round in with these in DM, we obviously rode, but they were great, super comfortable and my feet didn't hurt or were pinched at all. Can't wait to finally walk a round in them in the next week.

did you buy these locally Grumps? i haven't seen those anywhere. also, where do you teach?

did you buy these locally Grumps? i haven't seen those anywhere. also, where do you teach?

My team is part of an Adidas/TaylorMade program for shirts/shorts etc... They now carry Ashworth.. I have not seen them locally in stores, only at a course pro shop, Champions Run.
They may be at others, but not that I have noticed.

I teach at University School of Nashville...

If you have to order, do so with confidence. I have a pretty average foot, not wide, not overly narrow, and they seem true to size. I wear a 12 and they were a very comfortable snug and have loosened up a skosh. I would not expect them to stretch enough for a wider foot if they are tight. You might want to size up if that were the case. The leather on these is pretty substantial, however I have not cut away to see how thick..

My team is part of an Adidas/TaylorMade program for shirts/shorts etc... They now carry Ashworth.. I have not seen them locally in stores, only at a course pro shop, Champions Run.
They may be at others, but not that I have noticed.

I teach at University School of Nashville...

If you have to order, do so with confidence. I have a pretty average foot, not wide, not overly narrow, and they seem true to size. I wear a 12 and they were a very comfortable snug and have loosened up a skosh. I would not expect them to stretch enough for a wider foot if they are tight. You might want to size up if that were the case. The leather on these is pretty substantial, however I have not cut away to see how thick..

Nice. Yeah I live in the boro and play Champions Run quite a bit. I play at Old Fort more, though. I think I have finally decided on these since no TW13s in a size 14 will be available until next year.

Thanks for the feedback.

Finally walked my first round in these today, I like them even more, they were super comfortable the entire time.

Also I wore them with slacks today as it was a bit cold this morning and really like the casual look even with black slacks. I have the black model.

Nice. Yeah I live in the boro and play Champions Run quite a bit. I play at Old Fort more, though. I think I have finally decided on these since no TW13s in a size 14 will be available until next year.

Thanks for the feedback.

YW Minarets! I saw some boys wearing these at the regional tournament yesterday. They are starting to get on young peoples feet, and they must be comfortable enough, since they have to walk everything.

How is Old Fort? Have not been there in years..

Finally walked my first round in these today, I like them even more, they were super comfortable the entire time.

Also I wore them with slacks today as it was a bit cold this morning and really like the casual look even with black slacks. I have the black model.

Great to hear Icy.. I dig them with slacks as well, great combo, with jean cut off's, umm, not so much.. hehe..

I walked 18 on Sunday and got my first pair of blisters with these, I don't know what it was, but after about 9 holes they really started to hurt. It's really weird since I had walked previously in them and didn't have any problems at all. I'll keep you posted on the wear, I've also found them to be a bit narrow so maybe that had something to do with it. The weird part is it must be a fit thing because the rest of my feet didn't hurt at all. Just the rub on the heels.

Bummer, Icey. I actually wore the Mesh pair I reviewed today since my Del Mar's were muddy. I agree they are a little narrow, but I'm always happy that they don't hurt my feet.

Back