Ask Me Anything about THP

For JB:
When did you start playing golf?
What made you choose a golf forum/website vs one for NFL (since that was your previous field)?

For GG:
Did you start golfing when you met JB or were you into it beforehand?

I get that you don't have a lot of time to actually play, but with access to the studio when you are not travelling how much do you use it? Do you use it to stay golf ready in winter (for example)?

We are members at our local country club and do play a bit. During season or should I say not during release season, we go out and walk 5-6 holes multiple times a week when not traveling.
I dont use the studio much for playing sim golf. I test equipment on it multiple times per week though.

As to one length, there are still not too many users, in fact (not that I am a good arbiter), I have never seen anyone use them - nor seen a set in stores - have not sought them out though. So, in your change over to them was it all mentally understanding the idea or something different? Did it just click and you stuck to it?

For JB:
What made you choose a golf forum/website vs one for NFL (since that was your previous field)?

For GG:

I started playing back in the early 80s. I stopped to pursue my career in 1997 and didnt pick it up again until about 2004.
My previous field left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth and there is some great content out there for those that are interested.
GG did not play golf before we met.

@JB What is going on with Bridgestone? Have they deprioritized clubs vs Balls? They seem to always be swimming upstream.

Had no idea this had 35 pages... Time to get caught up

@JB What is going on with Bridgestone? Have they deprioritized clubs vs Balls? They seem to always be swimming upstream.

When Dan Murphy came back to run the company, they told THPers that their current space would be golf balls only. That doesn't mean the future won't hold equipment, but they were devoting their R&D effort to the golf ball.

@JB @GolferGal ... JB said in a previous post that the experiences were only a small part of what you guys do. What would you each say is the biggest part of running THP for each of you?

I do a lot of different things. My official title is CFO, so you can imagine I handle all the financial stuff, I also edit and format all homepage articles, I spend a lot of my time coordinating with the staff on things, I do the shipping, all the ads, forum and homepage software, event meals, Fantasy Football, March Madness, Pick 'em, things like that. It's why you don't often see a large presence from me, I handle a lot of then behind the scenes stuff.

I do a lot of different things. My official title is CFO, so you can imagine I handle all the financial stuff, I also edit and format all homepage articles, I spend a lot of my time coordinating with the staff on things, I do the shipping, all the ads, forum and homepage software, event meals, Fantasy Football, March Madness, Pick 'em, things like that. It's why you don't often see a large presence from me, I handle a lot of then behind the scenes stuff.
But other than that, tons of free time? I think you need a raise. Just my opinion!

For JB:

For GG:

I started when I met JB. All I knew about golf was that my grandfather played and he swore it never rained on the golf course. It could be a hurricane and he would be out on the golf course.

Have you ever done anything with or had a relationship w/ Ping?

Have you ever done anything with or had a relationship w/ Ping?
Yes. Still have a relationship with them and talk to them every week.
Had an event with them a few years ago as well.

The guys got to tour their putter vault which was a pretty cool experience for them.

one that I was and still am very freaking jealous of.

Reactions: KEV
JB, do you still use the DJI Osmo or have you moved onto another gimbal camera? If so, which one?

But other than that, tons of free time? I think you need a raise. Just my opinion!

During the work week I take 1 hour every day to work out. It helps break up the day and helps me clear my mind.

I'm also your typical "housewife". I take care of all the family finances, cooking, laundry, dishes, vet appointments, etc. When you are self employed you never really get a day off, but it does allow me to get the household stuff done during the days which can be very helpful. It helps that I am a planner and pretty good with time management.

JB, do you still use the DJI Osmo or have you moved onto another gimbal camera? If so, which one?
I still use an Osmo.
We also have GoPro.
We also use Sony a Series cameras and have multiple with a few lenses.

During the work week I take 1 hour every day to work out. It helps break up the day and helps me clear my mind.

I'm also your typical "housewife". I take care of all the family finances, cooking, laundry, dishes, vet appointments, etc. When you are self employed you never really get a day off, but it does allow me to get the household stuff done during the days which can be very helpful. It helps that I am a planner and pretty good with time management.
When I was teleworking the 1 hour workouts were a great great thing. Hernia or not, I miss them. I have little energy or desire when I get home from work. Enjoy them - they probably help a lot too with sanity.

I realize it has been super rare, but when you have to postpone an experience, how much more work does that put on you and GG?

I realize it has been super rare, but when you have to postpone an experience, how much more work does that put on you and GG?
Way more than it should. It goes back to the communications issues at the golf facilities. For some of them its really simple. Talk to the person you are working with and they can assist in handling it. Other times it is much more difficult because of how many different hands are involved and none of them communicate.

It is harder when lodging is included, because a lot of times people come early and stay late. That is part of our block, but not part of our charges or account. That can cause major nightmares.

are you friendly with the other golf forum owners, golf wrx and my golf spy?

are you friendly with the other golf forum owners, golf wrx and my golf spy?
I am friendly with the owner of GolfWRX. Richard and I have been that way for years.
We are the two largest golf forums by a landslide in terms of activity, members and number of posts

I am friendly with the owner of GolfWRX. Richard and I have been that way for years.
We are the two largest golf forums by a landslide in terms of activity, members and number of posts
i have seen theirs and golf spys sites...this one is so much more user friendly and just a better forum.

Back