ANNOUNCEMENT Ask Your Questions: Contest Coming

@JB this may have been asked and answered before, but just curious how you set pricing for the experiences? Some are around $499 and others are free. How is that decided? And why is it only $499? Seems like it could be much higher based on all that is provided.

When planning a THP event, what do you personally most look forward to? The equipment and discussions with participants? Meeting new THPers and getting to visit with ones you already know? Choosing the course? Working with the partner (i.e. equipment manufacturer, website, etc)?

No doubt the experiences are focused on exactly that, the experience. And they are amazing and fill a need. However, as many forum members have mention and shown interest in the follow along threads, there are comments and interest in the level of competition that naturally occurs. Any thoughts of doing an event with a higher focus on the competition side?

@JB this may have been asked and answered before, but just curious how you set pricing for the experiences? Some are around $499 and others are free. How is that decided? And why is it only $499? Seems like it could be much higher based on all that is provided.

Something we work with partners on. Generally speaking if an event is at a Dormie property the cost not including any equipment is between $1500-2000 per person. We use a small cost in relation to that because generally speaking a person with “skin in the game” takes any reviewing post event more seriously. With that said not always so we have to overcome that.

When planning a THP event, what do you personally most look forward to? The equipment and discussions with participants? Meeting new THPers and getting to visit with ones you already know? Choosing the course? Working with the partner (i.e. equipment manufacturer, website, etc)?

Always the equipment
No doubt the experiences are focused on exactly that, the experience. And they are amazing and fill a need. However, as many forum members have mention and shown interest in the follow along threads, there are comments and interest in the level of competition that naturally occurs. Any thoughts of doing an event with a higher focus on the competition side?

I think it has moved towards that with many honestly. But not sure we will do something die hard competitive where it’s the only thing that matters. In the end our Experiences are tied to equipment and if they weren’t people don’t need us to do them. Other than the cost.

What are the prospects for TEEm Tour Edge returning in 2023?

Something we work with partners on. Generally speaking if an event is at a Dormie property the cost not including any equipment is between $1500-2000 per person. We use a small cost in relation to that because generally speaking a person with “skin in the game” takes any reviewing post event more seriously. With that said not always so we have to overcome that.

Always the equipment

I think it has moved towards that with many honestly. But not sure we will do something die hard competitive where it’s the only thing that matters. In the end our Experiences are tied to equipment and if they weren’t people don’t need us to do them. Other than the cost.

As someone who gets competitive as hell as that’s just my nature after years of so many sports I actually quite appreciate that the events aren’t simply guns blazing competition. I think there’s a place for competition and some fun smack talk but if it became all in your face I think it would deter folks who maybe don’t play as much or have higher handicap. Nevermind if you have a really bad round or two at an experience you’ll now feel like you dragged the team down. If someone wants pure competition there’s tons of leagues and amateur tour stuff for that.

Do you have any thoughts or teasers you're willing to share on the THP Limited Series and how do you decide on items, manufacturer, release dates for the Limited Series?

Do you have any thoughts or teasers you're willing to share on the THP Limited Series and how do you decide on items, manufacturer, release dates for the Limited Series?
I don’t. Not yet. This is a staff thing more than a me thing. We choose what we think is tremendous quality and something THPers will enjoy.

What kind of traffic do the THP podcasts see? Is long term extra revenue building the goal or are they more for fun and enjoyment, or both?

Love this answer so much. We all love to get into the competitive spirit and we all have a rooting interest (forum wise) during Experience competitions but the real meat and potatoes, for me, is the people and equipment. For example, the MC was great and the team I was rooting for won BUT seeing my friends @mtloco, @MagicSpell out there, following along with the @HarlettoScara emotional story and the quest for a threepeat for @jdtox plus the seeing the new equipment in action was the real stories for me. The equipment was unique for that event in regard to the fact that none of it was under embargo, at the time, and watching @mtbloco learn the new sticks and his journey with the new equipment. It, honestly, kind of cemented that I had made the right choice with Cobra as my big stick a couple of years ago and they'll get first crack at it in a fitting going forward. They'll also get looks in other spots in the bag. I think that's what Cobra is also looking to get out of that experience, also (at least from a manufacturer's standpoint). Win/win.

Something we work with partners on. Generally speaking if an event is at a Dormie property the cost not including any equipment is between $1500-2000 per person. We use a small cost in relation to that because generally speaking a person with “skin in the game” takes any reviewing post event more seriously. With that said not always so we have to overcome that

I can easily see this cost per person, and I’m a bit surprised it’s not more given the quality of the establishment and treatment while you are on property. It’s 5 star all the way and I think a perfect fit for THP experiences. I was treated like royalty from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. It was the experience of a lifetime.

Favorite hole at each Dormie Network course?

Will THP be the only group at The Dormie club when the MC happens?

Any talks of an event at Sweetens Cove?

Also the albatross club is already the best deal in golf, but I loved when it came with a coin ball marker. Any chance of that returning?

Also the albatross club is already the best deal in golf, but I loved when it came with a coin ball marker. Any chance of that returning?

I’ve asked about sweetens over the last couple years, general thought is an event wouldn’t be held at a 9 hole track. Which is understandable.
especially given the Dormie Network now.

Will THP be the only group at The Dormie club when the MC happens?

Can’t completely control that and on a weekend it would be doubtful. We have talked with the group there about pace and will be again purchasing tee times before and after our group to add separation. it’s all I can do and hope thpers understand we are trying.

None, not with what we are bringing to Experiences with all private courses and lodging and dining. I like Sweetens for what it is, but wouldn’t fit our THP Experiences currently.

As of right now, no on tbr coin. We added so much to the club in events and other things that it would have to raise the cost significantly.

Rember guys.

11 eastern this week!

I’m definitely guilty of setting the wrong time haha

Year in review: what is something THP did in 2022 that is great and will be back (outside of Granddaddy); something that was ok but had good bones and will looked to be improved on going to 2023; and what’s something that definitely will be dropped.

Thanks JB and GG! Looking forward to the podcast today.

Back