Auto Racing Thread

Watched 4 episodes of D2S last night.

Even knowing the dominance that happened, I still love this freaking show.

Watched 4 episodes of D2S last night.

Even knowing the dominance that happened, I still love this freaking show.
They did a really good job of focusing on everything else. (I watched it all this weekend, whoops). The only complaint I have is them throwing Danica into it. There are so many talented women who have actually been involved with F1 that I would’ve rather been featured.

They did a really good job of focusing on everything else. (I watched it all this weekend, whoops). The only complaint I have is them throwing Danica into it. There are so many talented women who have actually been involved with F1 that I would’ve rather been featured.
Yeah, I get the blowback on that, but I have to admit she’s extremely well spoken and that’s likely why they picked her.

Good to see Christian Horner has been cleared. I know the DTS crowd love to hate on him, but he’s one, if not the best team principle in the sport. Hopefully Helmut Marko resigns in disgust!

Good to see Christian Horner has been cleared. I know the DTS crowd love to hate on him, but he’s one, if not the best team principle in the sport. Hopefully Helmut Marko resigns in disgust!
What's that saying tho, where's there's smoke there's fire?

Hopefully ESPN is showing the race this weekend, almost finished the latest season of D2S which hasn't been that earth shattering or controversial, Singapore was probably the most surprising result & that being only down to Russell being careless pushing to catch Carlos more than anything.

Usually. But most of these reports were coming from a Dutch paper and despite its name, it’s a rag. I think there’s definitely some tension behind the scenes. Marko is an abrasive character and I’d suspect Jos Verstappen is being a right royal pain the arse too.

Jos is something else, epitome of putting everything on his son who is by far a better driver than he ever could be.

I was very surprised at the allegations against Horner.
If anyone, he IS RED BULL F1.

I think that he tried to gain more control, it didn't really work and this claim was exaggerated in response.
Maybe they'll settle down, go back to just racing and fight with the other F1 Teams liek normal ;)

@kiwichris

1709148795254.png

I was very surprised at the allegations against Horner.
If anyone, he IS RED BULL F1.

I think that he tried to gain more control, it didn't really work and this claim was exaggerated in response.
Maybe they'll settle down, go back to just racing and fight with the other F1 Teams liek normal ;)

@kiwichris

View attachment 9245437
Crap, Everton kick off at 8am MST and that's more important, may be a laptop involved.

Crap, Everton kick off at 8am MST and that's more important, may be a laptop involved.
These 1st 2 races on Saturday feel weird.

These 1st 2 races on Saturday feel weird.
Yeah I totally get it, but I've had to remind myself all week that the race is Saturday

Hey now, some of us hated Christian long before DTS was a thing.

Oscar ✅
Charles ✅
Main feed ✅

IMG_2757.jpeg

F1 season officially underway. 6 laps in and Max already 4.5 clear of the field 🤣

F1 season officially underway. 6 laps in and Max already 4.5 clear of the field 🤣
Welcome to 2nd place championship
Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

I bought the F1 Pro TV package this year. Getting to listen to the uncensored audio made the race more fun to watch for sure. Hopefully we see the gap close a bit as the year goes on

Or in today's climate it's likely someone trying to make money. Remember Trevor Bauer a few years ago? Top 3 pitcher in baseball lost hundreds of millions of dollars because some chick set him up. Was cut by the Dodgers and banned by MLB only to find out the girl had text messages to friends talking about setting him up. This is all too common in today's society.

Was an excellent drive from Carlos. Red Bull should seriously consider bringing him back to replace Checo. Antonelli had a good recovery drive through the field in F2. Lets see if he improves enough for Merc to take a shot at throwing him in the car next year.

Or in today's climate it's likely someone trying to make money. Remember Trevor Bauer a few years ago? Top 3 pitcher in baseball lost hundreds of millions of dollars because some chick set him up. Was cut by the Dodgers and banned by MLB only to find out the girl had text messages to friends talking about setting him up. This is all too common in today's society.
That's a pretty not great example seeing as how Bauer sued that girl for defamation and ended up settling out of court and ended up not receiving any money himself and in fact paid her legal fees.

That's a pretty not great example seeing as how Bauer sued that girl for defamation and ended up settling out of court and ended up not receiving any money himself and in fact paid her legal fees.
You do realize she had text messages to a friend talking about setting him up which were revealed in court....

Back