AXE Excalibur Tour shaft "Sleeper shaft" ???

I actually heard back from him by email also. Said he had been back east helping out. I had provided him with my numbers from a recent launch monitor session. He recommended T6+ in TS flex. I ordered it from Golfworks yesterday. I'm really interested in this shaft and look forward to putting it to work. Could be a game changer for some companies if its as good as Robin says at such an affordable price.

He recomended the 6+ in S for me. Golfworks said it would be a lower launching than the V2 I was looking at.

You will like this shaft I promise you. I have mine in a R11 head and it goes darn good. Not a lot of sidespin at all.

Just found out about these shafts and am excited to buy one or two and mess with them.

Suggestions though going about it?

Should I get on a launch monitor with my driver and get some numbers, e-mail them to him, and go from there?

I am convinced that there is no need to spend over ~$100 to get a quality shaft (partly because I'm cheap like that!) but also because I find no way to effectively test the shafts before buying them. At ~$50 per shaft, experimentation is a little more affordable...

Send him an e-mail or call him directly. Very nice to talk to and he helped me out big time. Put me in a 6+ stiff for my R11 head and its a nice mid-launch flat bomber.

I e-mailed him and I also got put into the 6+ stiff. I'm excited to get it and try it out! Although it's backordered until the 28th... Patience is a virtue I guess.

I gamed the Tour 6+ in stiff on an RBZ head. Its a great shaft for those who prefer or need a Low-Mid/Mid launchng shaft. The S flex does play slightly stiffer than most S flex shafts out on the market. He says the bottom 20% is the stiffest on the market and I can probably agree with that. Its on the stout side of Stiff. GREAT shaft if thats what ypur looking for! I wouldnt hesitate buying anothef one of his shafts if they need shuld arise.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm putting the 6+ in my R11 soon

Anybody that is considering these shafts golfworks has them on sale. Mark told me in 2013 the graphics are changing is why they are on sale

I may want to sell mine, 6+ stiff. I think I need R flex...

I may want to sell mine, 6+ stiff. I think I need R flex...

The Tour 6+ stiff plays on the Stiffer side of things. Definitely STOUT!

Tapping away on my S3

Yea it was when we checked it. With my SS the guy said it'd be great for control

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356806200.276536.jpgThe AXE in the R11

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356806176.948516.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356806176.948516.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 0
Looks great. I keep thinking about this shaft. Keep the updates coming

If I get a decent day this week I will take it to the range. Club builder said shaft was legit

The ND may not stay long. The white looks dingy after just a few swings at home. The more I mess with it the better my VDR feels

The ND may not stay long. The white looks dingy after just a few swings at home. The more I mess with it the better my VDR feels

What are you saying?
ND = ?
VDR = ?

Do you like the shaft? Do you not like it?

Been too cold here to go hit. Been in 20s each day. I was referring to the grip when I said ND.

Ok so I got a decent morning to hit a few before work. Shaft is a real deal. Hit all a nice mid flight. When I hit ones that typically would have been a huge slice they were more of a playable fade. Going to hit more with it to give a better review. Was kinda just shaking the rust off this morning seeing how I haven't hit driver since October

I am interested in this shaft.
Now that I have ordered my new irons, I need to update my driver.
At first I was thinking about trying the 910 or 913 but apparently titleist is not selling the surefit tip, if this is correct, then I don't want to give any money to a company like this. It is a petty way of preventing other shaft company from selling their product.
since I already have an R11 driver, which is a very good driver for sure. All I really need is probably to be fitted properly with the right shaft. And that is the issue, I would like to be able to try these shafts.
Is there any place I can do that in the US?
Alternatively, am I left with getting some number form a launch monitor session and sending an email to Arthur? That process seems very non-scalable.

just for reference, in case someone with a similar swing would have gone through this process before, my swing has the following characteristic:
- speed 105 mph on a bad day to 117 on a good day.
- I generate way too much back spin, around 4000+. Launch angle is also a bit too high.
- my tempo is slow, around 3 and above. My transition is also slow at the top ( probably due to having swung for years with too soft shaft).
- my release is late and I have a strong acceleration kick at the end. Which topically prevents the shaft tip from getting back into place, so I can use a strong torque shaft at the tip.
- I have already been fitted by a pro who recommended the matrix 8M3 black tie shaft for me.
- I am 6.2" and 235 pounds.
- My sense is that I could use a shaft with a strong tip (low torque), a mid to high bend point. I still want to be able to bend the shaft but I don't want to have the tip get too much out of wack. Having a heavy shaft does not concern me much, in fact I have been told it could be good for me.

any advice from previous experience with these shafts would be appreciated. Please explain your recommendation as well, I think it will help others make the right choices as well.

thank you very much and happy new year to all my fellow THPers.

Last edited:
Idk what to tell you man. I tried it cause it wouldnt break the bank to try vs say RIP or something like that. I dont feel my game is up to the level of needing a 200+ dollar shaft.

Ok so I snuck out and hit a few more with the AXE. This thing is dead on straight and long. Cant wait for a round with it. Think I got a keeper

Glad to hear it's working for you, Franklin.

Yea I'm ready to go play a round

That is great Franklin. Let us know how it works out for you.

And it's making my hybrid decision harder. I do know the new decade is coming off. Liked it in store but not so much at home

Back