AXIS1 Rose Putter

It has arrived, though only about 3/4 of the box arrived, thanks USPS.

I’ll get some quick in hands with the phone up tonight and then hopefully some shots on the photo table to go up tomorrow.

I like their engineering ideas but the material quality of the first Rose putter left me a tad disappointed

I like their engineering ideas but the material quality of the first Rose putter left me a tad disappointed
Wait, what? Please explain, I’m a little confused there.

It has arrived, though only about 3/4 of the box arrived, thanks USPS.

I’ll get some quick in hands with the phone up tonight and then hopefully some shots on the photo table to go up tomorrow.
I've been there with USPS.. it can be so bad. Hopefully no club damage

Wait, what? Please explain, I’m a little confused there.
the club felt cheap - plastic look and feel.....to me. I've had a few of their putters and I do like the way they square-up your aim, but I'd like to see improvement in build quality. But that's me - I'm a fussy prick.

Again, HQ photos will be taken this evening!

094BD5DF-DC28-4348-BA04-F08ED2033273.jpeg8AB11278-637B-4F49-A21D-CF5DFA150DD6.jpegB4180011-876D-4AD4-A737-9272FE4C44A4.jpegD361C196-AD4A-4446-AEC5-072298C73C08.jpegA19313BC-CAAD-4953-B357-8B1E43BAD2D5.jpeg

the club felt cheap - plastic look and feel.....to me. I've had a few of their putters and I do like the way they square-up your aim, but I'd like to see improvement in build quality. But that's me - I'm a fussy prick.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry you felt that way about our quality. The same putter sold at retail is the exact same product used out on Tour by multiple players every week.

I gotta say, I’ve had a lot of putters in for review and in my general hoarding as well as being a general putter snob... and there’s nothing cheap about this one in hand from materials to finish. I mean that genuinely.

can't please everyone -- but I give it a high score as far as being easy to align.

I gotta say, I’ve had a lot of putters in for review and in my general hoarding as well as being a general putter snob... and there’s nothing cheap about this one in hand from materials to finish. I mean that genuinely.
yes I have not seen this new offering - I can only speak of the one I purchased about 18 months ago.

if you look through a lot of the reviews online for the original Rose version the 'plastic' look and feel is raised many times. But I am open to checking out the new offering in case things have indeed improved. My 47 other putters will enjoy having a new pal.

yes I have not seen this new offering - I can only speak of the one I purchased about 18 months ago.
There’s only one version, no? Pretty sure that’s what @Axis1_PL was just saying?

if you look through a lot of the reviews online for the original Rose version the 'plastic' look and feel is raised many times.
I tend not to worry about other reviews as I work on a review ;)

And again, I can only go off what I have in hand right now, and there’s nothing plastic to the look imo.

I’m ready for the roll and review!

There’s only one version, no? Pretty sure that’s what @Axis1_PL was just saying?
cannot be just 1 version if they have introduced a new mallet-style...... I have purchased 2 previous Axis putters and they were not a mallet-like putter. Website appears to offer 6 putters.

cannot be just 1 version if they have introduced a new mallet-style...... I have purchased 2 previous Axis putters and they were not a mallet-like putter. Website appears to offer 6 putters.
This thread pertains to the Axis1 Rose putter, which is the one I just put pictures up of.

can't please everyone -- but I give it a high score as far as being easy to align.
You are right there. I am glad we all have choices.

Good news about golf clubs. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and there are choices for everyone.

Good news about golf clubs. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and there are choices for everyone.
Yep! It’s as is and always has/will be the case. Plus, it’s still fun to discuss them no matter where ones choices or preferences may be. Conversation is always healthy!

this is their new offering

View attachment 8960411
Adding a half mallet definitely makes sense.

Big thing here will always come down to if someone is okay with the look at address. Messing around with the Rose the last hour or so, it’s definitely different, but the balance is also definitely different (in a positive way) as well.

Yes. We added the Rose-B late last year. Only difference between the two is the Rose model has a bit firmer feel off the face. Rose-B feels a tad softer due to the Black ION plating. Both are made from 303SS.

I have to say, the sound/feel is quite good. Right or wrong, I expected it to be rather sharp/clicky but instead it’s just a nice “tock” with some rather plush feedback.

The roll indoors is tight.

Alignment is about as straight forward as you could hope for, and the contrasting satin/matte-black looks good behind the ball.

The Axis hosel tech is wild to look down at, I can’t lie, it’s just so different. So very different. That said, there’s no denying balance through the stroke, the face just wants to stay square effortlessly.

Was going to rest tomorrow and heal some aches, but I cant resist hitting the course with this right away.

Back