Bag Boy Championship Pre Event Travel and Play

Well don’t tell me that :/
I can tell the full story around the fireplace but it's only because the airport couldn't handle the larger planes that are typical in US, that may have changed (haven't been there since 2009, I used to go regular to the GE plant in Salem)

Flights booked!

Oh My God Omg GIF

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Arrive into Roanoke on the Saturday with @Bus & hopefully @wazzubrew & @Daluteh with a road trip round on the way down.

Fly out late from DC the Tuesday so hopefully enough time to goat track after lunch or something similar.

I screwed myself last year waiting to the tune of like $120. This is way more than last year so I’m not sure if it’s going to get lower or not (flying different airline directly in to Roanoke this time though so it’s not super comparable with what I did last year)
If you or @xThor need picked up from the airport just give me a shout.

Flight dropped $75 to the lowest I saw it last week…do I hold out for more?
I pulled the trigger probably earlier than I normally would have. Google flights told me the pricing was lower than average so I booked it. Chance come May I'm living closer to a different airport but at worst I'll drive down to San Diego and spend the night there on Friday before my flight

I booked a room Saturday night at the Comfort Inn Civic Center on Gainsboro Road.

True dat. Every airport is different. I have a good idea of what is reasonable for the airports I fly out of but hard to compare to some of the less busy/smaller airports.
We arent all as lucky as @t-dray and can take private charters.
This is the first time I have heard Southwest Airlines referred to as a private charter. @Wonger you driving some Fred Flinstone car to make you
think boarding # A59 is for a private plane?

?
car spaceship GIF

Got an Airbnb close to Dulles Friday night if any of you want to crash there.

Got an Airbnb close to Dulles Friday night if any of you want to crash there.
i'll be somewhere in Ohio on Friday night, lol.
what about an Airbnb / VRBO on Saturday night?

@Bus has been texting me while I was unpacking. I still need to buy my Floriday tickets for next month, but I'll be getting on this as well - and finding out what is going on with flights. We'll be good, it's still early plenty of seats left!

@Bus has been texting me while I was unpacking. I still need to buy my Floriday tickets for next month, but I'll be getting on this as well - and finding out what is going on with flights. We'll be good, it's still early plenty of seats left!
How are seats looking for the bandwagon on the purple touring bus? Are there any bonus surprises for getting a ticket on this bus early? Limited time welcome gifts for the first 25 aboard?

How are seats looking for the bandwagon on the purple touring bus? Are there any bonus surprises for getting a ticket on this bus early? Limited time welcome gifts for the first 25 aboard?
The seats are luxurious. We have plenty of dairy free snacks. While tickets are a hot commodity, we think that we'll have enough seats for everyone who wants to come along.

We'll have to take a look for people who reserved tickets and see what kind of special prizes that they can get. @Bus and I are working on all sorts of fun stuff! May will be here before we know it.

Howdy fellas -
Lots happening - logos out (all super awesome), and now the travel is booked:
Arrive Raleigh/ Durham 955pm - saturday
depart Raleigh/ Durham 12pm - wednesday
if anyone else is going this route - we can work out a plan - if not all good.
Enjoying all the conversations/ banter/ will be a great lead up to an epic experience.

Anyone familiar with Ronoake area? Just wondering about courses for Saturday and Sunday morning. Also plan to get some work in at the range on that Friday.

@xThor was looking at my April Schdule and I’ll be free for sure the last weekend in April (28th I think) but got wife’s bday the weekend before and drill the weekend before that in TX.

Familiar with Roanoke & Salem, just not from a golfing standpoint unfortunately. I did Google map some places that are near and they look nice but have no experience.

So what’s everyone thinking @Muchmore and @xThor for Friday evening? Not sure what time y’all get in on Friday. I should be in area Friday afternoon and was going to find a range. I’m sure Saturday or at least I hope Saturday involves a round of golf with you good looking fellas!

So what’s everyone thinking @Muchmore and @xThor for Friday evening? Not sure what time y’all get in on Friday. I should be in area Friday afternoon and was going to find a range. I’m sure Saturday or at least I hope Saturday involves a round of golf with you good looking fellas!
I don’t get in until 1040 Friday night so not sure what I’ll be doing besides needing food

Totally down to play a round on Saturday though!

Hope y'all are doing well - PNW getting lots of snow! Question on the Tuesday afternoon round? Is that an option to re-round at Ballyhack?

Hope y'all are doing well - PNW getting lots of snow! Question on the Tuesday afternoon round? Is that an option to re-round at Ballyhack?
In the past, participants have been able to play again after lunch if they don’t have to leave to catch a flight right away. I would never assume but I’d say there is a decent chance we are able to. Five of us went out after lunch last year and it was one of the funnest rounds I’ve ever played

as we were leaving Dormie last year i asked the concierge/starter for recommendations on local courses for the next day and he was very inviting about staying on site for the afternoon and playing some more there. i didn't do that, but it was clearly an option on their end as long as we were moved out of the cottages. i am sensitive to adding costs, as i know that prospect was raised last year regarding playing the Goat Track holes on the day of arrival. @JB could you help clarify this for us? it feels a bit like it's unlimited golf Monday and Tuesday (but not Sunday), which would green light extra play after lunch the final day?

Back