Bag Boy Championship Pre Event Travel and Play

as we were leaving Dormie last year i asked the concierge/starter for recommendations on local courses for the next day and he was very inviting about staying on site for the afternoon and playing some more there. i didn't do that, but it was clearly an option on their end as long as we were moved out of the cottages. i am sensitive to adding costs, as i know that prospect was raised last year regarding playing the Goat Track holes on the day of arrival. @JB could you help clarify this for us? it feels a bit like it's unlimited golf Monday and Tuesday (but not Sunday), which would green light extra play after lunch the final day?
That really isnt how it works (by the day). Each time it can be different based on what we have reserved or confirmed.

Change in plans for Tuesday of event. Gonna stay and drive home Wednesday morning. Now I can stay as late as I want and not have to drive back sweaty. Haha. @Nashtyone got is a room. Pretty excited I don’t have to drive back Tuesday night now. Coming in Friday and leaving Wednesday.

Change in plans for Tuesday of event. Gonna stay and drive home Wednesday morning. Now I can stay as late as I want and not have to drive back sweaty. Haha. @Nashtyone got is a room. Pretty excited I don’t have to drive back Tuesday night now. Coming in Friday and leaving Wednesday.
This is the way

Who doesn't have accommodation sorted for Saturday before the event?

I thought I had myself & @Bus sorted but the vrbo had a 2 night policy I missed.

I thought I had myself & @Bus sorted but the vrbo had a 2 night policy I missed.
I'm still in free agency.

I'm still in free agency.
Let's try to find a vrbo/Airbnb at least the 3 of us can fit in. I'm fine with a couch. Anyone else in?
Pretty sure @LSMO will be needing a bed as hes arriving into Roanoke Saturday sometime. The one place I found has a 2 night min policy which sucks

i have a cancellable hotel room on Saturday night just to make sure i'm covered, but if you're able to find a vrbo house i'd definitely be interested in that as it would be nice to meet up and hang out. i have a little time today and can poke around at listings too.

i have a cancellable hotel room on Saturday night just to make sure i'm covered, but if you're able to find a vrbo house i'd definitely be interested in that as it would be nice to meet up and hang out. i have a little time today and can poke around at listings too.
Looking last night, limited in roanoke itself, if we have a firm headcount there's options outside of Roanoke but I also thought there were talks of a meet up for the entire crew Saturday night as well (which Uber can cover).

Looking last night, limited in roanoke itself, if we have a firm headcount there's options outside of Roanoke but I also thought there were talks of a meet up for the entire crew Saturday night as well (which Uber can cover).
Did you check Airbnb too?

So Indian and cannoli are happening. I'm debating if I try to convince anyone to go with me to pop my Waffle House cherry?

So Indian and cannoli are happening. I'm debating if I try to convince anyone to go with me to pop my Waffle House cherry?
I can never say no to Waffle House.

@Bus I'm starting to think any weight loss plans I have between now and the event are gone with our food plans. Indian at least once, waffle house for breakfast while we wait for the Italian bakery to open to get the cannoli order in and lord knows what the drive down to Roanoke will look like 🤣

May have to spinkle some golf just to get some calorie burn in!

@Bus I'm starting to think any weight loss plans I have between now and the event are gone with our food plans. Indian at least once, waffle house for breakfast while we wait for the Italian bakery to open to get the cannoli order in and lord knows what the drive down to Roanoke will look like 🤣

May have to spinkle some golf just to get some calorie burn in!
You'll deserve some cheat days. I'll just continue being fat.

OK, so where are we playing golf after waffle house Sunday morning?

Back