Baked potato-do you eat the skin?

Try this method folks.

Take a nice big bowl and pour some water in it and add salt. I use about 2 tablespoons of salt into the bowl and whisk it until the salt dissolves. Then take the Russet potato and put deep holes in it using a fork. Once the entire potato is punctured by the fork put them in the water. Let them sit in the water for 10-15 minutes.

Once the oven is at temp ensure the potatoes are dry. Coat them with Olive oil and coat with coarse salt. The olive will adhere the salt to the skin. Then bake.

Perfect baked, succulent, homemade baked potato. Split, add a pad of butter and sprinkle with the herb of your choice. Parsley is nice. Sprinkle a bit of pepper, and sour cream or 0%vanilla yogurt.

Try this method folks.

Take a nice big bowl and pour some water in it and add salt. I use about 2 tablespoons of salt into the bowl and whisk it until the salt dissolves. Then take the Russet potato and put deep holes in it using a fork. Once the entire potato is punctured by the fork put them in the water. Let them sit in the water for 10-15 minutes.

Once the oven is at temp ensure the potatoes are dry. Coat them with Olive oil and coat with coarse salt. The olive will adhere the salt to the skin. Then bake.

Perfect baked, succulent, homemade baked potato. Split, add a pad of butter and sprinkle with the herb of your choice. Parsley is nice. Sprinkle a bit of pepper, and sour cream or 0%vanilla yogurt.
Thanks! I’ll give it a try!

Yup I eat the whole damn potato. Sometimes I put cream cheese on my potato instead of they typical toppings.

Yup I eat the whole damn potato. Sometimes I put cream cheese on my potato instead of they typical toppings.
Cream cheese? I’ve never tried cream cheese on my potato. Sounds like something @Davidhibler would try!

Yes. I’ll usually eat my wife’s potato skin as well. Am I savage? Possibly.

Yes mam!! Give it a try for sure. Start slow with a small section of the potato.
Alright, I’ll try it. I can’t make promises I’ll like it though. When I had Covid 2years ago it messed up my taste buds with things like cream cheese and sour cream. My taste is still off 😔

Thanks! I’ll give it a try!
You will love the result. I make them by the dozen and wrap them in tin foil, along with a few dozen steaks and veggies and bring them to the homeless in our community. The entire meal with utensils, butter, sauce packs well in a nice plastic container at the local dollar store. They have a good meal and we do this twice a week for the local homeless who have nothing else to eat.

Gotta help those who need it. Life is good.

You will love the result. I make them by the dozen and wrap them in tin foil, along with a few dozen steaks and veggies and bring them to the homeless in our community. The entire meal with utensils, butter, sauce packs well in a nice plastic container at the local dollar store. They have a good meal and we do this twice a week for the local homeless who have nothing else to eat.

Gotta help those who need it. Life is good.
Awe! I love that so much!!!!

Alright, I’ll try it. I can’t make promises I’ll like it though. When I had Covid 2years ago it messed up my taste buds with things like cream cheese and sour cream. My taste is still off 😔
Damn that sucks! I would lose my mind if my taste buds made cream cheese taste weird. Bagel and cream cheese is a staple of my diet!

Cream cheese? I’ve never tried cream cheese on my potato. Sounds like something @Davidhibler would try!
Put some chives on it as well. This little hint changes the flavour so much. Maybe some bacon bits if you like.

Awe! I love that so much!!!!
Best reward there is, is helping people who need it. I feel like going out now and spreading some love to the needy. Nothing feels better.

Damn that sucks! I would lose my mind if my taste buds made cream cheese taste weird. Bagel and cream cheese is a staple of my diet!
It’s absolutely horrible! I know what it should taste like and it kills me that it doesn’t. I can tolerate it in some things but most of the time it’s a no go. Some smells too! Covid messed my senses up really bad. Anyway…didn’t mean to Covid rant 🤣

I not sure why this a question …?

the potato , the whole potato and nothing but the whole potato. wrap in aluminium foil , butter or oil throw in bottom of a fire ( as kids , for bonfire night was mandatory… look up bonfire night ) and next morning for breakfast.

otherwise .. sour cream, chives , herbs hummus , beans or onion , or other food stuffs of choice .
On top of opened potato, and it’s a meal unto itself .

Always!!

yes

Yep. I’ve always ate the skin. Tasty.

Baked Potato, sure why not?

Sweet potato? No.

Baked Potato, sure why not?

Sweet potato? No.
I’m not a sweet potato fan so I wouldn’t know for that one lol

Depends on the type and cooking method.

But A baked potato is mainly for the toppings anyways. The skin doesn't add much in most instances.

With salt n pepper, skin is the best part!

Back