Ball Collection: Favorite, and why?

so what do you do with the quarantine? Rolled out the logo balls and separated out the top 20. Not an easy task.

That top 20 certainly has some very high-ranking tracks! I'm actually surprised to see that I've managed to play a few of them also;)

Oh lawd!

Here is the issue, all of the best courses in Ohio are for the most part private...BUT, here are my top 5 public courses I have played in Ohio.

1) The Virtues Golf Club: Near Columbus. Arthur Hills design, gotta be the best public in Ohio. In the Top 100 public courses in the US.

2) Little Mountain Country Club: Near Cleveland. Hurdzan and Fry design. Sick layout, course is always lush.

3) Fowlers Mill: 30 minutes outside of Cleveland. When I play this course, I feel like I am not in Ohio, which is kind of nice sometimes :ROFLMAO: It is a Pete Dye masterpiece!

4) Boulder Creek Golf Club: Near Cleveland. Tons of elevation changes here, with beautiful views. Love this Par 3 to the island green.

5) The Quarry Golf Club: Canton. Another course with wild elevation changes and perfect views as you navigate through the woods. Built on an old Quarry dating back to the 1800's.

Hmmm. Cleveland is 4-1/2 hours, Columbus 6. Might be worth planning a trip around the lake...

Hmmm. Cleveland is 4-1/2 hours, Columbus 6. Might be worth planning a trip around the lake...

I think so! If you are serious about it, feel free to reach out. I would certainly join you for a couple rounds.

All good courses - That Virtues hole ate me alive during my visit... Driver splash.... flirted with the edge on approach to the sucker pin.... yikes.... I skipped the ball purchase and bought a virtues ball marker.

Friend is the super at Quarry in Canton and they do a great job on the maintenance.

They do a great job at the Quarry. Always in great shape. I always struggle at that course, very easy to get in to trouble if you are spraying off the tee. o_O

Excuse the haphazard locations as I haven’t figured out a good display location, but below is my ball collection.
41C820B5-46D3-4F60-9FE1-93E5A0BA9CD3.jpeg
20271B9C-2D87-4294-9039-A3C4999F2889.jpeg07A362D9-7594-47E1-8436-9492BFDC6CEA.jpeg

Very nice @Mikey D. Looks like they are stashed away in some type of man cave! I see some sports memorabilia and a liquor cabinet :ROFLMAO:
I second this. It doesn't hurt that it seems to be a Massachusetts based man cave....

I have 4. Two are from Eagles that I made, one going back to 1978. The other two are from my low rounds on my former home course white and blue tees.

I second this. It doesn't hurt that it seems to be a Massachusetts based man cave....

Lol, a lot of Red Sox and Patriots gear in there. Tough life...,

I have 4. Two are from Eagles that I made, one going back to 1978. The other two are from my low rounds on my former home course white and blue tees.

Those ones are the best. Ones that have true sentimental value from solid shots or rounds ✊

To start a new collection I would have to sell off some of my current collection - NASCAR art. Some expensive limited edition signed professionally framed lithographs.
then I might be able to start a new collection
Tempting

To start a new collection I would have to sell off some of my current collection - NASCAR art. Some expensive limited edition signed professionally framed lithographs.
then I might be able to start a new collection
Tempting

Hmm, I think you can do both! 🤔

I only have 2 balls, my first birdie and my first eagle. No hole in one yet.

I only have 2 balls, my first birdie and my first eagle. No hole in one yet.

That will be a special day. Individual glass shadow case for that gem :love:

There were a couple of them in my collection that I did not show when I poured them out for you guys to see.
My dad did not like sports, at all. Especially when he thought Edina put so much emphasis on winning. They bought the house in 1955 because of the quality of education it was known for. I love sports, thrive for them. I was the youngest of the 13 boys in out neighborhood, all within 2 yrs of age and it pushed me hard to keep up. It was that or fall behind and disappear.
When dad passed in 1999, and cleaning out his office I came across a golf ball with 6-30-88 w/ GKG written on it. It was the only time we ever played anything together. I did not know he had it.
That one goes in the center of my collection.

There were a couple of them in my collection that I did not show when I poured them out for you guys to see.
My dad did not like sports, at all. Especially when he thought Edina put so much emphasis on winning. They bought the house in 1955 because of the quality of education it was known for. I love sports, thrive for them. I was the youngest of the 13 boys in out neighborhood, all within 2 yrs of age and it pushed me hard to keep up. It was that or fall behind and disappear.
When dad passed in 1999, and cleaning out his office I came across a golf ball with 6-30-88 w/ GKG written on it. It was the only time we ever played anything together. I did not know he had it.
That one goes in the center of my collection.

Wow. That is really awesome. Must have meant a lot to him. Thanks for sharing 🙏

The only ball I have collected is my HIO ball from 3 years ago. My wife bought a little glass top display case for it with the details on a placard. It's currently on display in the man cave. :D

The only ball I have collected is my HIO ball from 3 years ago. My wife bought a little glass top display case for it with the details on a placard. It's currently on display in the man cave. :D

Heavens yes, that is the one I am patiently waiting for. Describe your hole in one, the swing, etc.!

My collection has a different focus, it's not places I've played. When my golf buddies travel it's become a tradition to bring everyone back a golf ball. My collection includes balls from Rome, Vienna, Puerto Rico and my favorite Croatia. There's also some Packer golf balls in there. It's still a little empty, awaiting more travels.Golf Balls.jpg

My collection has a different focus, it's not places I've played. When my golf buddies travel it's become a tradition to bring everyone back a golf ball. My collection includes balls from Rome, Vienna, Puerto Rico and my favorite Croatia. There's also some Packer golf balls in there. It's still a little empty, awaiting more travels.View attachment 8938646

That is neat. What is the "Fly me to the the moon" ball? Lol

Back