Ball to reduce side spin

Amen to this. Like the quoted message says, all balls are low spin with the driver, if they were not, nobody would buy them. Even the most expensive balls with urethane covers are low spin off the driver. If you still slice your ball too much and out of play, change your swing, period. Too many golfers looking for the Savior club or ball, instead of fixing their swing.

A quick note, The cover is not what alters spin as much on full swings.
Two balls with the same cover, but different cores CAN have different spin. Layers can matter, as in changing of how golfers get to the compressible core (assuming they are generating speed to compress).

And it compounds as players miss away from the center.

The OP didnt just mention driver.

The old Bridgestone E6 was by far my favorite golf ball ever! Then they changed it to E6 Soft and E6 Speed and they lost me, neither was as good.

My ball flight is high with tons of backspin/sidespin... and spin off my driver is a major concern for me. My friends laugh at me when conditions are soft and I back up my driver shots a foot lol.

I have had great success with Titleist AVX. Currently my favorite ball.

Also have tried in 2020:

Bridgestone RX and had great results but I seemed to lose a little distance with my irons but with the driver it was solid for spin concerns. I would play this ball if not for the AVX.
Srixon Q Star Tour again great results and a lot cheaper(they are in my bag for winter golf) but again I lost distance on my irons.

I’ll second the Bridgestone RX or the AVX. I’ve found I get a little better distance into the wind as a high/high players with the TourB RX.

But I could happily play either of them. I’m partial to the Bridgestone as they treated me great at the event, and while I think that Titleist is filled with a bunch of awesome folks, I KNOW Bridgestone is. Plus they do perform a better into the wind for me.

i will propose a different way of thinking. one day last summer I found my 75 year old father slicing Pro-V's off the fairway. I handed him some far cheaper low compression balls and now he is hooked. He was paying for a product that at most helped him spin a ball more when he did not need spin nor full compression. I don't have hard data to say he hits more or less fairways but he plays for less money now with at least the same result:cool:

Funny, I am also a 14 handicap. I don't look for a ball to fix my swing, and coincidentally, I did take a lesson this summer. Not real happy with the video of my swing and realize there isn't a piece of equipment out there that is a savior. golf is a difficult game and needs to be worked at, and lessons are very important. Too many golfers throw hundreds of dollars at equipment but never take lessons, which is backwards.
I really think this feedback is unintentionally misleading.

At the core, I believe you're sort of right.. The best solution to significant errors in a swing is a lesson.
With that in mind, I think the depths to get there are getting ignored.

Golfers at all levels can gain significant benefits to equipment that is more optimized for their swing. I'm living proof of it.

Last edited:
No such thing. All balls are low spin off the driver and if you have problems with hitting a slice with your wedges; then you need a lessons, not, "anti sidespin" golf balls.
In what world are all balls low spin off 'the driver' and when did 'the driver' become universal? I can type two quick searches into YouTube to confirm (based on launch monitor data) that no two drivers are the same let alone golf balls used.

I am very eager for your follow up showing samples of where 'all balls are low spin off the driver' --- and if your feedback is reflective of the type of golfer swinging, I think your initial comment is even less relevant to this particular thread which is clearly discussing unwanted spin (read: high spin player).

Hello - Was looking for feedback on the best ball to reduce side spin.
I know the old E-series from Bridgestone helped, but not sure any longer.

Not on a budget just the best ball for this.
My SS is 88-90mph. Thank you and stay safe!
I really REALLY like the Bridgestone Tour B RX ball. It is more than a thousand RPMs of difference vs their counter in the series (XS) off an 8 iron and performs incredible well.

Honorable mentions are some of the other 'softer' balls out there. Q Star Tour. Chrome Soft. AVX. I'd strongly recommend finding a place where you can buy sleeves and seeing what fits best for your game in all facets (and feel). Just like shafts, this is a very personal experience.

The old Bridgestone E6 was by far my favorite golf ball ever! Then they changed it to E6 Soft and E6 Speed and they lost me, neither was as good.

My ball flight is high with tons of backspin/sidespin... and spin off my driver is a major concern for me. My friends laugh at me when conditions are soft and I back up my driver shots a foot lol.

I have had great success with Titleist AVX. Currently my favorite ball.

Also have tried in 2020:

Bridgestone RX and had great results but I seemed to lose a little distance with my irons but with the driver it was solid for spin concerns. I would play this ball if not for the AVX.
Srixon Q Star Tour again great results and a lot cheaper(they are in my bag for winter golf) but again I lost distance on my irons.

can’t speak to the RX effects, but the old e6 was my favorite. Then they “improved” it and I no longer got along with it. I also tried the AVX on a limited evaluation and really liked it too

OK I dont slice or hook, unless I misalign my set-up or just a bad swing.
Havent been playing or practicing much and have seen my driver spin numbers increase.
So was just looking to see if I could find a ball to reduce my spin.

I would give the OnCore balls a try, they are designed to be less spin.

OK I dont slice or hook, unless I misalign my set-up or just a bad swing.
Havent been playing or practicing much and have seen my driver spin numbers increase.
So was just looking to see if I could find a ball to reduce my spin.
I found a difference in over 1,000 RPMs of spin in the Bridgestone Tour B lineup between the four balls, using an 8 iron on GC Quad. You can ABSOLUTELY lower spin based on ball selection and it's a great way to better fit what works for you out there.

This may help you:
Is there a reason why you're pushing instruction so hard?

The OP has stated numerous times he's only looking for golf ball suggestions.

I found a difference in over 1,000 RPMs of spin in the Bridgestone Tour B lineup between the four balls, using an 8 iron on GC Quad. You can ABSOLUTELY lower spin based on ball selection and it's a great way to better fit what works for you out there.

Thank you - Will order a dozen Tour B X and a Tour B RX. Keep you posted and stay safe

Thank you - Will order a dozen Tour B X and a Tour B RX. Keep you posted and stay safe
If you're looking to drop spin, it might be worth just going with Tour B RX.
If you want a ball to compare it to, check out Chrome Soft as well.

If you're looking to drop spin, it might be worth just going with Tour B RX.
If you want a ball to compare it to, check out Chrome Soft as well.

Always been a Srixon man. Either the ZStar and XV or the QST. But need to see what helps the game since playing less...

I have gotten much better with my swing this season but still fight a slice. I have had a really straight ball flight with the Tour BX balls that I won from the post drive here. Seriously awesome performance and very long. I typically lose at least 3-4 balls a round and I'm still only on the second sleeve of these after 4 rounds. The RX may be a better fit for your swing speed but I can attest to the performance of the Bridgestone line-up for high handicaps.

Here is an interesting video that appears to suggest that it is untrue that higher spinning balls like the Pro V1 will spin more on a sideways axis then an inexpensive touted low spin golf ball. Golf balls nowadays are engineered to be the jack of all trades, like low side spin off the tee but I spin on Wedge shots around the green. The issues with so-called low spin inexpensive golf balls is that they are really no good around the green and are very difficult to keep on the green for higher handicap golfers. Watch this video:

Here is an interesting video that appears to suggest that it is untrue that higher spinning balls like the Pro V1 will spin more on a sideways axis then an inexpensive touted low spin golf ball. Golf balls nowadays are engineered to be the jack of all trades, like low side spin off the tee but I spin on Wedge shots around the green. The issues with so-called low spin inexpensive golf balls is that they are really no good around the green and are very difficult to keep on the green for higher handicap golfers. Watch this video:

wait, so your basing your perspective on one swing with a driver in a totally different part of the face between two balls from the same company at different ends of the price spectrum off a guy who doesn't struggle at ALL with high spin.

Once again, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OP's question.

Titleist avx, Taylormade tour response, Qstar tour, bridgestone rx all will reduce some spin and still be great performing ball. I've played them all and prefer the taylormade tour response.

AVX is low spin, longer straighter , but also a low trajectory ball

it actually really aggravates me that videos like that exist. They are so freaking misleading.
I think what is actually really misleading is how some people turn to equipment to repair bad swing habits. It's not that difficult to keep the ball in play, just get rid of the over-the-top outside in swing , it's just that simple.

I think what is actually really misleading is how some people turn to equipment to repair bad swing habits. It's not that difficult to keep the ball in play, just get rid of the over-the-top outside in swing , it's just that simple.

Its perfectly fine to believe correcting the swing is the correct answer.

That doesn't however change the fact that golf balls do spin differently. If you would like during our next live stream, we can demonstrate. There are also several THP TV spots that show it with the swings and the data.

Its perfectly fine to believe correcting the swing is the correct answer.

That doesn't however change the fact that golf balls do spin differently. If you would like during our next live stream, we can demonstrate. There are also several THP TV spots that show it with the swings and the data.
Yes I would like that, how would I go about doing that?

Yes I would like that, how would I go about doing that?

A great example is actually in the video above showing the swings and contact and then breaking down all of the data, directly from our Tech Studio. @Canadan hits every Tour B ball and you see all of the data. Ball fitting and maximizing the speed, spin and launch angle for individuals is a good thing and very much real. Especially when you bring misses into play and how much that changes the dynamic of what one is capable of compressing with a less efficient shot.

Back