Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
KellyBo, Ronnie (her brother) and myself are heading out to play a golf course today I have never had the opportunity to try. It has a $10.00 special so what the heck. Even if it's a goat track for that fee it will be fun to get out with those two as it will be competitive :D.... We will try and take some pics.

Have a good one OG! Look forward to the pics

We have one of those here. I think they think its links style or something because the green is the same as the fairway.

I think today playing a new course my run of rounds in the 70's (4) is about to hit the wall. New course , new greens, and blind tee shots = uh oh!

Just go out and have fun OG!! That is the point of golf right? Just have fun out there!!

Have fun . Enjoy :D

Have fun OG. I am playing a new one as well. Its a goat track from what Ive heard. Will be interested to see how I follow up my best ever 83.

It was a decent track about 10 years ago when I played there, can't say anything about it now since it reopened a few months ago, but I can guarantee you it would have to be pretty bad to not be worth $10. Good luck and have fun.

Here are some pictures from today's round at Barrington Hall. The course is a really fun layout but it is TIGHT! You don't hit your driver on many of the holes. You can tell this course used to be really nice but it is not kept up to its potential at all. The greens had just been aerated and were very slow and bumpy. I had quite a few three putts until I got used to the speed. I'm not sure how they'll look in a few weeks but I suspect not that great. The bunkers were terrible. This course, like many others, has had its share of financial woes. I've heard it went bankrupt a few years ago. The neighborhood it's in is really nice. There are a lot of beautiful homes on the course. It was a good bargain at $10 for 18 holes w/cart (after 3pm). It's quite challenging so be sure to bring your "A" game. The pro shop manager was great and very helpful. He gave us a lot of information about how to play the course and even gave us a free play book with tips for each hole.

Thanks for the pics KB. It looks like the course has some potential, hopefully they get some great business and can bring it to life.

--
tapatalk

I would love to see this course come back to what it was, there really are not any really good public courses in Macon that I know of.

It still looks better than a lot of courses I have played.

This course looks like a steal for 10 bucks IMO.

Looked beautiful >> Especially for $10. Sweet

I think this is a great course to practice course management. The fairways were incredibly tight and you rarely needed a driver. OG and I plan to go back again. Playing this type of course will certainly make you think more than a wide open course will. I liked the challenge.

The main problem I had with the course was that the greens were not good. I know they recently rebuilt them and they are not well established just yet. I'm sure they will get better in time.

I think this is a great course to practice course management. The fairways were incredibly tight and you rarely needed a driver. OG and I plan to go back again. Playing this type of course will certainly make you think more than a wide open course will. I liked the challenge.

The main problem I had with the course was that the greens were not good. I know they recently rebuilt them and they are not well established just yet. I'm sure they will get better in time.

Ya I understand, but for 10 bucks I think I could overlook that. I mean thats like 60 cents a hole haha

Ya I understand, but for 10 bucks I think I could overlook that. I mean thats like 60 cents a hole haha

True dat! Like I said, we are going back again. Hard to beat that price for sure.

Back