BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Meat Church guys gave me a little trick with the ribs and since then have come out awesome. Father in Law went back for 2nd and 3rds last night.

Don’t leave us hanging...what is the trick?

With it being 70+ degrees here in Tennessee, I thought I would smoke something simple after my round. For the first time ever, I smoked some Conecuh sausage. I had this before at a party but never done it myself. I tried smoking regular Hillshire sausage but it didn't have the taste or texture of Conecuh. I smoked it with some cherry pellets and it was impressive not only in the taste but how it turned out. Will be doing this again.

My Weber Smokefire Pellet Grill arrived today and of course, I had to put it together so I can test it asap, likely this afternoon. In true Weber fashion, it is super well built and was easy to assemble - it took only 70 minutes to uncrate, assemble, and have it up and running smoke and all. I'll likely do something that is fast tonight that doesn't take much prep like chicken or salmon.

ryCUxADIQZu3SG0m9UcmxA.jpgijOqqHfeQReDkkIFhONqRw.jpgaTKa6P60QmmoP6HWKfx5YQ.jpgbEFWXHrQRWKtoRajlzTdgg.jpg t

My Weber Smokefire Pellet Grill arrived today and of course, I had to put it together so I can test it asap, likely this afternoon. In true Weber fashion, it is super well built and was easy to assemble - it took only 70 minutes to uncrate, assemble, and have it up and running smoke and all. I'll likely do something that is fast tonight that doesn't take much prep like chicken or salmon.

View attachment 8927386View attachment 8927382View attachment 8927384View attachment 8927385 t
Awesome. Would love to hear your thoughts once you have put some cook time on it. (y)
We have loved every Weber product we have had over the years and have been looking into pellet grills for our next one.

Awesome. Would love to hear your thoughts once you have put some cook time on it. (y)
We have loved every Weber product we have had over the years and have been looking into pellet grills for our next one.

I'm a big fan of Weber and some of my earliest memories are watching my dad cook on their original kettle back when I was a kid. He grilled at least a couple days a week and I've carried on the tradition buying my first Weber right out of college and more than a decade ago I upgraded to their top of the line gas Summit S-670 that still works perfectly.

Assembling the Smokefire, it was obvious that this is built really, really well and is super easy(one hand) to wheel around with the handle and large casters considering it weighs 186 pounds. I just put pork ribs on so I will let you know in about 4.5 hours. ;)

Tomorrow I will be doing salmon and chicken.:)

I'm a big fan of Weber

Me too. That thing looks built well as you said. Looking forward to your thoughts as you break it in

Me too. That thing looks built well as you said. Looking forward to your thoughts as you break it in

It's 25 degrees and windy and so far it's having no trouble holding the temp steady at 265*(I'm trying to speed them up a bit since I didn't start them until 4pm).

Grilled steaks last night. Took it off tge grill at 125 degrees. Nice medium rare.

The ribs turned out great. With the below freezing temp I went the easy route and did the differently than normal: 265* for 4 hours with a dry rub directly on the rack and spritzed once and hour. The one rack I sauced and did an additional 20 minutes because my son prefers them that way.

I'm also impressed that the grill can reach its advertised 600* F temp a 17* F which means this will also be fantastic for grilling and has the ability to sear steaks and other meats. My buddy has a Traeger Pro series that only reaches 450* and a bit less than that when the temperature is below freezing.

. Tr3HWlYHQTeUqPTKtpBAsQ.jpgUvS8VxRyQFKOmz7edGTKlQ.jpg

Last edited:
I hope I can start adding back to this thread in a couple of weeks when I can eat solid food again. Until then I will just keep cursing your guys food pictures on here

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

1 1/2 weeks till bonus payout! Im trying to decide which pellet smoker I want and what size.

Leaning heavily towards the new Weber Smoke Fire due to its claimed ability to sear and grill. Price point is up there though.

Grilla Silverback has gotten RAVE reviews in here

Cant go totally wrong with a Traeger either and those have a better price point and a much bigger network for support...

1 1/2 weeks till bonus payout! Im trying to decide which pellet smoker I want and what size.

Leaning heavily towards the new Weber Smoke Fire due to its claimed ability to sear and grill. Price point is up there though.

Grilla Silverback has gotten RAVE reviews in here

Cant go totally wrong with a Traeger either and those have a better price point and a much bigger network for support...

I love my traeger and I bought it from a local dealer because I like to shop local but if not not for that I would have gotten a Rec Tec

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Since I can’t do steak decided to throw some chicken grillers (chicken stuffed with cheese) on the traeger they are coming along real good
03e822530c445da9ec8e36af91b1e385.jpg

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Think I'll throw some ribs on tomorrow AM for a nice afternoon snack.

Doing smoked meatloaf today.

Im pretty well sold on the Grilla Silverbac, anyone have experience with the Alpha vs. Pro? Looks like the only difference is in the controller which offers a PID controller.

Im pretty well sold on the Grilla Silverbac, anyone have experience with the Alpha vs. Pro? Looks like the only difference is in the controller which offers a PID controller.

I think @JB has the pro?

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Smoking some ribs today with some friends coming over for dinner. Salmon is the main course but I'd thought some ribs would get eaten as well if I offer them. I moved my smoker right outside the door on the pool deck for easy access and it's now protected from the wind and somewhat covered under the deck in case of rain/snow.

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 1.51.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 1.51.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-29 at 1.52.08 PM.png

No grease fires on the Smokefire yet?

I am going to smoke salmon today and hope it turns out as good as @Nate s does

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

No grease fires on the Smokefire yet?

Nope. I cleaned it yesterday with a shop vac and didn't have very much to vacuum out after about 25 hours of use. The drip tray was half full so I changed that out as well. It took me less than 5 minutes. So far the only modification is I use a regular oven broiling pan full of water on top of the flavorizer bars. I also getting very even temperatures across the width of the grilling grates. If I do a long smoke on something like a pork butt I'll use two of the broiling pans to catch most of the drippings.

Back