BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

No, I did not.

Had them on the grill for 6 hours, and then finished them for the final 2 hours in the pan w/ a light marinade. Had some great crisp bark to it, that was fantastic.
Nice. Glad to hear it worked out (sounds like) better and easier than you expected.

I have heard some people with pellet poopers complain about lack of bark or smoke flavor. I do know that Mad Scientist BBQ has done a lot of work on trying to get the same kind of results on a pellet pooper as his traditional stick burners, so maybe check him out on Youtube.

Nice. Glad to hear it worked out (sounds like) better and easier than you expected.

I have heard some people with pellet poopers complain about lack of bark or smoke flavor. I do know that Mad Scientist BBQ has done a lot of work on trying to get the same kind of results on a pellet pooper as his traditional stick burners, so maybe check him out on Youtube.
I'll give him a watch, for sure.

I did a nice marinade then rub on the pork before putting it on, resulted in some nice crispy/charred pieces that mixed well when it was all pulled apart.

We recently visited our son who recently relocated to Dallas. While there my wife did some cooking with his indoor Ninja Grill, the 301 model. She loved the ease of it and has asked Santa for one.

Santa does not like buying practical gifts but is making an exception this year.

So yesterday, I came across an infomercial about the Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Grill. This thing seems like it has some potential. Is anyone here using one, or have advice about one?

Got some ‘pig shots’ on the Recteq today.

Andouille sausage wrapped in bacon

Piped in cream cheese with a good southwest rub and diced jalapeños

We’ll see in about 90 minutes IMG_3134.jpeg

Got some ‘pig shots’ on the Recteq today.

Andouille sausage wrapped in bacon

Piped in cream cheese with a good southwest rub and diced jalapeños

We’ll see in about 90 minutes View attachment 9230318
I have these on my list of things to try, hearing they were delicious will definitely expedite that decision!

I have these on my list of things to try, hearing they were delicious will definitely expedite that decision!
Buddy made them yesterday and said he really liked them too IMG_1557.jpeg

Got a 10:30 tee time then this spatchcock turkey is going on the Recteq IMG_3198.jpeg

That looks phenomenal. I am going to try my hand at one this weekend.
Thanks!

It’s so easy to make them so good. I just used a binder of olive oil and poultry rub…then smoked it to 165° 👍🏻

Spatchcock is the way to go. Cuts cooking time down and you don't have to babysit it to keep the white meat juicy

Prepped a little prime rib that’ll go on the Recteq Saturday IMG_3248.jpeg

What’s that bad boy covered in?
4 sticks of butter(salted)
2 big table spoons of Minced garlic(I use the stuff that comes in a jar pre minced)
Rosemary
Thyme

Last time, I left it in the fridge a week and it was fantastic

4 sticks of butter(salted)
2 big table spoons of Minced garlic(I use the stuff that comes in a jar pre minced)
Rosemary
Thyme

Last time, I left it in the fridge a week and it was fantastic
How much of the flavor gets into the meet? Making a prime rib for Christmas day. Thinking about trying this.

Forgot. I put a good amount of Montreal Steak Seasoning over when I put it on the smoker

500° for 5 minutes per pound

300° until it hits 125°-130° image.jpg
What’s that bad boy covered in?

How much of the flavor gets into the meet? Making a prime rib for Christmas day. Thinking about trying this.

One of the guys I golf with did a few briskets a couple months ago and they had an amazing bark. I was talking to him and he said you can't get the bark like that on the pellet smokers because they are indirect heat. I'm not an expert but just going on what he said.

Back