Beaned on the practice green

JabbathePutt

Reaction score
Handicap
Monday I was at my local muni hitting the last few putts before teeing off when a wayward tee shot slammed into the side of my head. Knocked me flat and I bled like crazy. The 12th hole at this course plays back toward the clubhouse and then doglegs to the left so the practice greens are sort of in the line of fire for a really wayward tee shot.
As I was trying to figure out how badly I was hurt a threesome came rolling up the fairway. Two of them came over. When they saw me they told me they let a single play through. He took one swing and then took off through the parking lot. I said whatever guys and they played on.
i have played a lot of golf and hit my share of wild shots. I wouldn't hold anyone liable for a stray shot but I wish they hadn't insulted my intelligence.
got blood all over a brand new cap but I did get a rain check.

just. freaking. awful.

Monday I was at my local muni hitting the last few putts before teeing off when a wayward tee shot slammed into the side of my head. Knocked me flat and I bled like crazy. The 12th hole at this course plays back toward the clubhouse and then doglegs to the left so the practice greens are sort of in the line of fire for a really wayward tee shot.
As I was trying to figure out how badly I was hurt a threesome came rolling up the fairway. Two of them came over. When they saw me they told me they let a single play through. He took one swing and then took off through the parking lot. I said whatever guys and they played on.
i have played a lot of golf and hit my share of wild shots. I wouldn't hold anyone liable for a stray shot but I wish they hadn't insulted my intelligence.
got blood all over a brand new cap but I did get a rain check.

Glad you're ok.

Nothing is more irritating that being lied to like you're an idiot .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez....you're a good man for sending them on. They could've warned you to duck or something. Glad you're okay.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Scary stuff. Glad your ok

Wow scary incident,glad your ok

Wow. Please tell us you at least went to a hospital to get a once-over.

Glad your okay and hope your make up round is a great one. I also second that you should at least get a look over

Wow, glad you're ok. That's terrible luck

Oh wow man, I hope you're OK and got checked out. Those other golfers are total tools. Accidents happen, but seriously man up and admit to it and apologize.

Glad you're okay

It's unbelievable what a piece of work some people are.

Sucks. I hope you're alright.

That's scary! Glad you're doing okay!!

That's awful man. Glad u r ok

Thanks to everyone for your concern. I did go to the local urgent care. They gave me an ok.. and followed up the next day.

glad you're ok!

Holy crap that sucks glad you're ok.

If indeed one of them did it and lied about it. Karma's a you know what, and god pays back in mysterious ways. Just ask Tiger.

Speaking of Tiger. He cheated on his wife. He's the biggest cheapskate anyone could be, many stories. And Tiger wonders why he has injury problems, and his game went to hell.

Scary stuff man, glad you're ok

Glad you are okay.

It was me! I was the 4th shooter driving from the grassy knoll. Those three guys had it right. I just came out of the clubhouse's book depository and asked to play through. Nice guys agreed and I drove it hard but hooked it into this dude's head. His head went "back and to the left" before he dropped. I booked it through the parking lot and went to the theater to hide.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Glad you did the smart thing and got checked out to make sure you didn't have any other side effects, other than a really bad headache and a busted open head.

That sucks

Jeez, that is awful on so many counts. Really glad no serious issue, that is freaking scary man.

Back