Ben Hogan Edge Irons

66CvgDg
66CvgDg
https://imgur.com/a/66CvgDg

ray-charles-i-cant-see-****[1].jpg

Just messing with you!!

Hahaha

Ben Hogan Golf just posted a cryptic message on Facebook! All it said was 10.15.2018!!! Maybe they are going to leak photos of new clubs (maybe a driver!)

Ben Hogan Golf just posted a cryptic message on Facebook! All it said was 10.15.2018!!! Maybe they are going to leak photos of new clubs (maybe a driver!)
They posted the same message on Twitter and InstaGram. Can't wait to see the meaning of that tomorrow!

I saw something recently where Hogan was going to start a club buy back program where the sold clubs can be applied to the purchase price of new Hogan clubs. I wonder if it's related to that or something entirely different.

A little disappointing. Just real easing a chrome version of the Ft. Worth Black irons.

Anyone one playing the Nippon Modus in these clubs?

Ben Hogan Edge 2018/ Ben Hogan Edge 1996

Ben Hogan Edge 2018/ Ben Hogan Edge 1996

Here are the pictures I took comparing the two clubs.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    642.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    854.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    697 KB · Views: 8
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    813.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    948 KB · Views: 10
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    821.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    803.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image9.JPG
    image9.JPG
    923.9 KB · Views: 9
I saw something recently where Hogan was going to start a club buy back program where the sold clubs can be applied to the purchase price of new Hogan clubs. I wonder if it's related to that or something entirely different.
It is live on their website and has been for a while I believe

I have a set of these inbound 5-pw and 50,54,58* wedges, 2* flat, kbs tour 90-S

How do you guys think these compare to the Jpx-850 forged? Loved those irons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of these inbound 5-pw and 50,54,58* wedges, 2* flat, kbs tour 90-S

How do you guys think these compare to the Jpx-850 forged? Loved those irons...

Similarly to me. I think they look a little better, but that is purely subjective and I think the Edge irons are a sleeper set that are really good.

9e2ea9b0191173fbb44cd7565c8a6e4c.jpg
a4d4b3d0491a75c81db503aa6cf022ea.jpg
8e2ebad464e3054a1abedc627f53507c.jpg
319fea56431218d6aed205312866cdb9.jpg

I’m seriously impressed with these. Has rained 10” in the past 10’days here so won’t have a chance to hit them for a little while. The size is really nice, they are more compact than I anticipated. Compared to the g400 they are shorter blade length and thinner top line, less offset and thinner sole.

9e2ea9b0191173fbb44cd7565c8a6e4c.jpg
a4d4b3d0491a75c81db503aa6cf022ea.jpg
8e2ebad464e3054a1abedc627f53507c.jpg
319fea56431218d6aed205312866cdb9.jpg

I’m seriously impressed with these. Has rained 10” in the past 10’days here so won’t have a chance to hit them for a little while. The size is really nice, they are more compact than I anticipated. Compared to the g400 they are shorter blade length and thinner top line, less offset and thinner sole.

Great looking irons for sure. And the Equalizer wedges are out of this world in my opinion.

Played first full round with these yesterday, no range session just straight to the course. They are fantastic, the feel is great, nice and soft and there is a lot more forgiveness than you would expect based on their size. They’re staying in the bag for a long time.

Does anyone have a comparison on these vs the PTx irons, particularly do stance and forgiveness?

I am demoing both the Edge and PTX right now. I like both clubs very much. I don't think the forgiveness of the Edge is vastly greater than the PTX! If you say the Ft. Worth is "0" forgiveness as a baseline, then I would say the PTX is 10 % more forgiving than the Ft. Worth, and the Edge is 10% more forgiving than the PTX(maybe?!) I believe the Ft. Worth is a lot more forgiving than you would think from a "blade-like" club. Its really a muscleback/players cavity hybrid, I think. The forgiveness factors in the clubs is directly related to their size. The Edge is bigger, therefore more forgiving. If a thicker top line and a touch more offset makes it seem more forgiving from a mental standpoint, then yes, visually it is. Both feel great. The PTX feels better to me. The PTX is equal to the Mizuno JPX919 Tour and the Edge is a better feel than the Wilson C300 Forged. I am looking at both the Ft. Worth 15s and the PTXs. Really, its going to come down to what set I can get the best deal on because I am going to get them custom fitted with Nippon Modus shafts, MOI balanced, etc. From what I saw on the driving range, the ball flights were similar, distances were similar. I am not a fan of the KBS Tour V 110 S shafts I got in these clubs. Just didn't have the feel I wanted. One advantage the Edge has over the PTX is that if you plan on replacing your long irons with hybrids, or utility clubs, you can get a short set of Edges 6-PW.

That being said, the VKTR Hybrid is maybe the best club I have ever hit! What you can do with it, on the grass, tee'd up, in a divot...is amazing! The weights really do allow for shot shaping without changing your swing. I never have owned any hybrids before. Thought they were "Old Man" clubs, well I'm going to have probably 3 in my bag!! Rick Shiels and other reviewers said it was only for "better" players, I think anyone can play it. It's very much iron like!

Ben Hogan PTX/Ben Hogan Edge 2018

Ben Hogan PTX/Ben Hogan Edge 2018

Here are pictures comparing the two clubs.

Attachments

• image1 (3).JPG
    image1 (3).JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image3 (1).JPG
    image3 (1).JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image4 (1).JPG
    image4 (1).JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image5 (1).JPG
    image5 (1).JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image6 (1).JPG
    image6 (1).JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image7 (1).JPG
    image7 (1).JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image8 (1).JPG
    image8 (1).JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image9 (1).JPG
    image9 (1).JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image10.JPG
    image10.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 5
Ben Hogan PTX/Ben Hogan Edge 2018 pt. 2

Ben Hogan PTX/Ben Hogan Edge 2018 pt. 2

Here are the clubs with a caliper for reference.

Attachments

• image11.JPG
    image11.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image12.JPG
    image12.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 3
  • image13.JPG
    image13.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image14.JPG
    image14.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image15.JPG
    image15.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 3
  • image16.JPG
    image16.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image17.JPG
    image17.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image18.JPG
    image18.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image19.JPG
    image19.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 4
  • image20.JPG
    image20.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 2
After measuring the two clubs, they are identical in many ways. The sole width, the effective playing area (grooves), the blade height. The differences were and we are talkin 1-16-1/8 of an inch is the PTX has a longer club head by about 5% and the Edge has a thicker top line by about 33%. Offset on the 29* PTX is .145 and on the Edge is .180. So, a difference of .035 or roughly 1/32 of an inch more offset.

After measuring the two clubs, they are identical in many ways. The sole width, the effective playing area (grooves), the blade height. The differences were and we are talkin 1-16-1/8 of an inch is the PTX has a longer club head by about 5% and the Edge has a thicker top line by about 33%. Offset on the 29* PTX is .145 and on the Edge is .180. So, a difference of .035 or roughly 1/32 of an inch more offset.
Is the spin profile similar in both?

I never hit them into a green so I can not comment on spin. I would assume the PTX spins a little more, but it can't be drastic!

Ben Hogan Edge review

Ben Hogan Edge review

I couldn’t find a review thread so I’ll start one. If there is one feel free to move this.

For the Hogan Experience I got 6-P with KBS 90 shafts. Mine are -1/2”, 2* flat, 2* strong.

I’ve had v soles irons in the past, Srixon 765, but even though the v sole really help my digging they were too much club for me. I went with the Edge over the PTx Pro’s for the extra forgiveness. I could probably play the Pro’s but after this weekend I’m confident I made the right decision.

The v sole on these are different than the Srixon’s. I like the Hogan’s better. With my CB3’s I took to Nashville I was digging “squirrel graves” as e1iterate likes to say. With the Hogan’s I was barely taking a divot. I still took one but not anything like I was. That was great for my hands. Arthritis and being a digger don’t mix.

The forgiveness is excellent. I’m about 1/2 club longer than any of the irons I’ve had this year, even with comparable lofts. I hit some way out on the toe that still got out there with no real directional penalty. If you miss the center of the face you get a lower flight but it keeps enough spin to hold greens. Center face hits feel great and you get a nice high flight that seems to just drop and stop. I think, my best shots were blind so I didn’t see them hit.

All in all I’m very happy with my choice. I think anyone looking for plenty of forgiveness for a high hc but still want a clean look should at the very least demo these. They’ll hang with the big boys for sure.

I’ll update this as I play them more.

I went ahead and merged this one with the regular thread so more people jump in and participate. Good stuff LLIB, I know you are enjoying them so far.

Back