Ben Hogan ICON Irons

Who just got a shipping notice? This guy!!! It won't be too long now before I can give some feedback on these bad boys.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
It appears Friday is the day. It looks like it's too late for me to get a tee time but plenty of pictures and range time will be happening.

Really tempted by the combo set. Anyone know how long orders take?

It appears Friday is the day. It looks like it's too late for me to get a tee time but plenty of pictures and range time will be happening.
Nice. Looking like Monday for me.

Reactions: KEV
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Torn between combo set or getting a set of Icons and replacing club by club.

And then there is the fact I already have 3 sets of irons.... Maybe the Srixons get the boot.

Is there a better feeling than when you get the text message from UPS that your tracking has been updated and your new clubs are showing up ahead of the original schedule? ICONS will be in hand today!!!

Torn between combo set or getting a set of Icons and replacing club by club.
And then there is the fact I already have 3 sets of irons.... Maybe the Srixons get the boot.
It's such a personal decision. You should hit them and make your decision then. My opinion, the PTx Pro irons, are phenomenal, and your going to want that forgiveness!

Those look filthy Kev!

Anyone interested in seeing a couple of comparison pictures to the PING i210's?

B607DFD7-E12C-4AC6-8165-2BBCF3D11587.jpeg2A34E55E-A98E-4AA0-8A65-7BF49E3A6912.jpeg
203257F2-DA2F-463D-9078-40FC0ADA8785.jpeg
E13AF02C-32AD-473F-B41F-57981A9F3951.jpeg

Even the grip looks great on these!

8029D861-1D32-495E-9D7F-1A5D0FA2037A.jpeg

Those look filthy Kev!

Guys, these things are absolutely gorgeous. There are a lot of really good looking blades in the market but these are right up there with any offering out there. To me the ICON's are a perfect blend of old school with a dash of modern. I'm a car guy so I'll give this analogy: they are like one of those gorgeous cars from the 1950's with the beautiful curves and classic style but updated with a little flare from this generation.

If we're not rained out tonight I'm supposed to be subbing in a team league so hopefully I'll have some on course experience to talk about later tonight.

In the meantime fire away with any questions!

wow those look so damn good. Won't lie, the sole photo next to the i210 is telling

Guys, these things are absolutely gorgeous. There are a lot of really good looking blades in the market but these are right up there with any offering out there. To me the ICON's are a perfect blend of old school with a dash of modern. I'm a car guy so I'll give this analogy: they are like one of those gorgeous cars from the 1950's with the beautiful curves and classic style but updated with a little flare from this generation.

If we're not rained out tonight I'm supposed to be subbing in a team league so hopefully I'll have some on course experience to talk about later tonight.

In the meantime fire away with any questions!

I think that is a great analogy. Like the new Mustang and GT40, reminiscent of the originals, but littered with modern updates that makes them so much more.

wow those look so damn good. Won't lie, the sole photo next to the i210 is telling
Makes me think the combo set would be killer.

Makes me think the combo set would be killer.

me too. Although since I'll have a set of these, maybe I just order the PTx Pro and can combo my own way, every day haha

I'm not super surprised in the difference between the two, the i210 is probably the biggest iron I've played in years but it's definitely a huge difference. I'm pretty excited to see how much difference there I notice between the two. A trip to the range needs to happen soon so I can compare hitting back to back.

KEV what shaft did you put in yours?

Photographs look amazing. They look inviting to hit and are lookers in the bag.

@KEV - how does the size compare to Apex?

Hogan really does make a beautiful iron. I also love the way their supporting materials really strike a perfect tone of paying homage to an earlier era / Mr Hogan. It just exudes class.

I re-watched the biography of Mr Hogan last night. it legit made me want a set of Hogan irons again, even if the extra spinny profile of their irons wasn’t always optimal for me.

Those are some sharp looking irons for sure, cannot wait to hear the feed back. Love my PTX pros

Back