Those look amazing @KEV . What shafts did you go with?

KEV what shaft did you put in yours?

Photographs look amazing. They look inviting to hit and are lookers in the bag.
Those look amazing @KEV . What shafts did you go with?

I went with the KBS Tour V stiff. They worked pretty well in my PTX and I'm interested to see how well they pair up with these.
@KEV - how does the size compare to Apex?

Overall the ICON will be smaller. The sole will be thinner and you'll notice the topline will be a little thinner also. I don't think the head size overall will be a huge difference in general when you look down at address but the Apex will be a bit "chunkier" I guess. It will be much more noticeable as you get to the long irons.

Overall the ICON will be smaller. The sole will be thinner and you'll notice the topline will be a little thinner also. I don't think the head size overall will be a huge difference in general when you look down at address but the Apex will be a bit "chunkier" I guess. It will be much more noticeable as you get to the long irons.
Wow. I definitely chose properly not even entering the contest to test these :)

• Haha
Reactions: KEV
Combo. It haunts me.

Well, looks like something needs to happen!

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
I have a lesson today at 4. I will hit these ICONs again and try to expand on my thoughts.

I was able to get a little rushed range time and play 9 holes last night and have a few thoughts to get started. As has been the norm lately I was a rock star on the driving range but unfortunately it didn't translate to the course :banghead:.

A few thoughts:

Looks:
I mean, come on. These are beauties. Looking down at the club at address they aren't as intimidating as I thought they would be with the exception of the 4 iron. The 4 iron looks pretty tiny and reminds me of the clubs of yesteryear where it's just a sliver of a clubhead attached to a stick. You need to feel confident to hit that one but the rest of the set actually wasn't intimidating IMO. I showed these to a couple of buddies and they were big fans of what they saw.

Feel:
The first words that popped in my head with crappy range balls was solid and plush. On the range with my i210's and the longer irons of my Apex combo I would get a little clicky feeling with range balls. With these I never had that sensation, it was consistently a solid feel. I really wish we had a driving range around with decent golf balls because I think these are going to impress in the feel category.

Mishits though definitely let you know that you missed the middle. I wouldn't say it's harsh or jarring but they of course don't absorb the shock like a more forgiving option. For the player that wants to play this style of club I think it's the exact kind of feedback they will want.

On the course with a quality golf ball is going to take more time to get good feedback. Last night it was raining, the course was soaked and I fell in to some bad habits and unfortunately wasn't hitting anything in the bag well.

One thing I was a little concerned about was head weight. I was scared these would feel much lighter than my i210's considering how much smaller they are but that wasn't an issue at all. They feel very similar weight wise and I didn't have one issue there.

Performance:
I'm mostly going to talk about my range experience because on the course I let the rain get to me and was a mess throughout the whole bag.

On the range I was seeing a picture perfect ball flight. They were launching mid/mid high with a beautiful little baby draw, it was exactly the flight I want to see. They are about 1* weaker loft throughout the set and with less mass behind the ball I'm thinking I'll probably be clubbing up from what I'm used to. I was surprised how easy they were to hit for me.

I was able to pretty easily work the ball both side to side and low/high. The 4 iron was a blast to mess with and trying to hit those low stingers was a blast. I'm not sure that it will stay in the bag the whole year but it will be fun to play with.

Overall it was a pretty rushed first night out and just crappy weather so I'm not reading too much in to it. Based on my range experience though I'm really excited for the potential these have. For as bad as I hit the ball on the course I was pretty happy with what I saw from the irons though. We have some bad weather this weekend again but hopefully I'll be able to sneak in some range time and I'll definitely get on my SkyTrak for plenty of swings.

@KEV how thin is the 4 iron?

So, how do you make a beautiful set of irons at a great price more appealing than they already are? You throw out a 10% off coupon code.

MISSYOU10 will bring the cost down to $706 on the combo set and $693 for the Icons.

So, how do you make a beautiful set of irons at a great price more appealing than they already are? You throw out a 10% off coupon code.

MISSYOU10 will bring the cost down to $706 on the combo set and $693 for the Icons.
Ughhhhhhh

Reactions: KEV

Hmm, I have UiHi on the mind. This doesn't help.

Here is the PTx Pro 6 iron and ICON 9 iron. This is a better look at what the combo set will look like.
IMG_2154.JPG

Got the answer I didn't want but expected from Tyler.

Ponder is engaged and straight up blind buy without trade in is still and option.

From what we've discussed I don't think it would be a bad swap. Trade in is still suspended, so at least it has me still in ponder mode and not pulling the trigger.

Plus the low CG has me a bit concerned about ball flight. High is high and don't think it could get worse. Spin is a thought but still...oh my.

If they could get the TourV 125 I would be on the phone. Thankfully, it's still ponder.

Let me tell you a story of a club ho that two nights ago sleepily and through liquid encouragement placed an order for a combo set.

Well, yesterday it was learned Hogan out out a redonkulous 10% off code so I....er.....he reached out on a whim and asked if it could be applied to a previous order that hadn’t shipped yet, and they said no problem. So the result is a UiHi, 5-7 PTx, and 8-PW icon setup for 706. That is effing insane.

Let me tell you a story of a club ho that two nights ago sleepily and through liquid encouragement placed an order for a combo set.

Well, yesterday it was learned Hogan out out a redonkulous 10% off code so I....er.....he reached out on a whim and asked if it could be applied to a previous order that hadn’t shipped yet, and they said no problem. So the result is a UiHi, 5-7 PTx, and 8-PW icon setup for 706. That is effing insane.
These iron sets easily have to be one of the best deals in golf. This is a premium set of forged irons that if my math is correct you're getting for 30-45% less money than other options out there. That's ridonkulous!

And well done on the liquid encouraged purchase!

What shafts did you....um, he go with? Tour V?

What shafts did you....um, he go with? Tour V?
Yeah. Except the UiHi. But if it goes well all will end up graphite anywho.

I think that is a great analogy. Like the new Mustang and GT40, reminiscent of the originals, but littered with modern updates that makes them so much more.
In the PTx Pro thread I compared them to a Porsche 911. Instantly recognizable to its predecessors, but completely modernized to perform to today’s standards. Classic performance.

I am just catching up to this thread from a busy week, so maybe this was in the BHG live chat, but has there been any discussion of a black combo set being made available?

I love this man.

Back