Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

Got back onto the course this weekend. Game was lukewarm but the Hogan’s continue to impress me.
compared to my old Epic Forged and PXG XP they are about about 5 yards shorter (I thought they would be much shorter than that) but they are so much more consistent. When I pull these I know with a good swing they are going to go the same distance all the time. Example my old irons PW’s would go anywhere between 135 and 140. The icon PW goes 130 every time. It’s so much fun knowing what you distance will be good swings. The other thing the really impresses me on this set is perfectly blended the combo is done. While the PTX pro are a tad bigger but at address they do not look really bigger. I have noticed good toe miss forgiveness from the Ptx pro. I also find the 4 iron easy to hit off the fairway of off of a tee, it’s been a weapon on short par 4’s I am still in the early stages of testing but so far it A plus. When you consider price, performance and customer service these irons should win iron off the year

I urge everyone to try these out

I willl continuing toughts once my 14 day quarantine is over, so please bear with me

I also forgot the mention for a moderate swing speed like mine the re coil 780 have been a perfect mat b

I also forgot the mention for a moderate swing speed like mine the re coil 780 have been a perfect mat b

Great notes, I think Ben Hogan did a pretty nice job on the balance of choosing two steel and one graphite shaft that would best cover the needs of the various likely users. Glad you are loving them.

These irons are never leaving my bag.

So in a fit of fancy thought I’d see how the demo program is running and ‘demo’ a combo set by ordering the Icon & PTx together.

Only option is the Recoil F3 shaft in both, everything sold out for other options it seems.

Hats off & round of applause to the Ben Hogan team!
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will FLIP when you hit mine with the Rapid Tapers.

How do the RT tips go with hogan heads? Need anything or straight swap?

Whatcha mean? I had to add about 4g of lead tape to each head to hit my preferred SW (which is abnormally heavy I admit) because I was out of tip weights but other than that the numbers have been as good spin wise but more speed and no drop off of control.

I will not have any club updates for a week. On a non golf vacation at Big Cedar with my kids. I have a Ryder Cup at my club next weekend so we will find them how the Hogan’s work under pressure 😈

95g graphite, and play to a wide range of speeds, you won’t break anything but your wallet.
In a couple weeks I will hit yours 😈

Do any of you combo guys regret going with the combo. As opposed to staying at PTx.
I will be ordering a set of heads only from Hogan and am curious if anyone feels like the Icons are too racy.
Ill be going with the Xcapiber Rapid Tapers shafts with some mixed weights.. 95. 85 and 75g shafts. Cant wait..

I have a serious need to relive my old 99 Apex days.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Do any of you combo guys regret going with the combo. As opposed to staying at PTx.
I will be ordering a set of heads only from Hogan and am curious if anyone feels like the Icons are too racy.
Ill be going with the Xcapiber Rapid Tapers shafts with some mixed weights.. 95. 85 and 75g shafts. Cant wait..

99 Apex was my first new set purchase... moved up from a set of hand-me-down Wilson Staff Goosenecks and MacGregor Tourney DX with leather grips

Whatcha mean? I had to add about 4g of lead tape to each head to hit my preferred SW (which is abnormally heavy I admit) because I was out of tip weights but other than that the numbers have been as good spin wise but more speed and no drop off of control.

Wasn’t sure if the hosel diameter in the Hogan’s are parallel or taper, knowing the RT’s are taper tip.

I finally have a 75g and trying to get more ball time with it. Interesting so far but swing issues are holding got back from what it should be doing.

I do not reget it at all. I have regretted it in other sets, but this one blends so well and breaking at 8 iron is perfect

I do not reget it at all. I have regretted it in other sets, but this one blends so well and breaking at 8 iron is perfect
Thank you. I really think the v sole will make a huge difference for me in being ok with the icons.
Ill put my order in Friday.

Thank you. I really think the v sole will make a huge difference for me in being ok with the icons.
Ill put my order in Friday.

What shaft are you going to go with?

What shaft are you going to go with?
The new Xcaliber Rapid Tapers which Jman is killin it with.
I plan to vary the weights with 95 in the short up to 75 in the long.
I still have not placed the order. I definitely want the black because that dbm finish is just indestructible.
My mind is struggling with the Icons. I've watched a bunch of vids and read all i could and no one seems to be talking down about them.
I would have loved to do a demo Icon but that was on hold because of rona.
My MMB blacks were awesome on the short irons but the sharp leading edge would create hugely fat shots. Im fairly certain the relieved leading edge on the Icons will be enough to rid the monster divots that could be the MMBs.
Either way the order will go in tomorrow. Either full PTx or the combo.

The new Xcaliber Rapid Tapers which Jman is killin it with.
I plan to vary the weights with 95 in the short up to 75 in the long.
I still have not placed the order. I definitely want the black because that dbm finish is just indestructible.
My mind is struggling with the Icons. I've watched a bunch of vids and read all i could and no one seems to be talking down about them.
I would have loved to do a demo Icon but that was on hold because of rona.
My MMB blacks were awesome on the short irons but the sharp leading edge would create hugely fat shots. Im fairly certain the relieved leading edge on the Icons will be enough to rid the monster divots that could be the MMBs.
Either way the order will go in tomorrow. Either full PTx or the combo.

Great set up

Ready to do some work tomorrow with these beauties

Attachments

• F6CCFF89-1AB2-4491-97DA-0A115EF1F0EA.jpeg
    F6CCFF89-1AB2-4491-97DA-0A115EF1F0EA.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 35
If the Hogan’s perform well this weekend I will name this greatest irons ever. After a week of fishing, wave runners and tubing my body feels like mashed potatoes.
Have Ryder cup match this weekend 36 holes tomorrow and 18 Sunday. Excited to see how the Hogan’s do under pressure. I will give an update tomorrow night

If the Hogan’s perform well this weekend I will name this greatest irons ever. After a week of fishing, wave runners and tubing my body feels like mashed potatoes.
Have Ryder cup match this weekend 36 holes tomorrow and 18 Sunday. Excited to see how the Hogan’s do under pressure. I will give an update tomorrow night
That black combo set is amazing!

Back