Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

I need some swings with them. Been wanting to since the PGA show

Found some good info on Twitter today regarding something along these lines....

Wish these were available in LH

The in hand pictures look great. I prefer compact iron replacement hybrids vs the small fairway style. I'm a short knocker, being able to hold a green with a hybrid is huge. Looking forward to hearing more about these.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That's very unique looking.

I would imagine it's like the irons, and I believe Terry mentioned it at Hogan, you can get any shaft you want, they may have to order it and there be an upcharge, but they can get it.

Damn solid shaft offerings on the site though.

It's not the make/model. It's the weight options mainly. I need something closer to or over 100 grams and in a low launch/spin/torque profile.

I love the look at address and I'm a huge fan of the higher spinning iron replacement design. My main question is whether or not I can launch it enough to take full advantage, but my swing has come along pretty far in that respect.

The weights and adjustability just look like plain FUN!

It's not the make/model. It's the weight options mainly. I need something closer to or over 100 grams and in a low launch/spin/torque profile.
As mentioned, even if not listed on the site they've said they can get it.

I need some swings with them. Been wanting to since the PGA show

I do remember us kinda photoing the heck out of them and all giving feedback while passing it around etc. Definitely one I would want to hit.

I like the looks and want to get some swings with them.

Would love to give these a swing. They look great!

My bag contains ZERO hybrids for a reason. We just can't get along for some reason. But these definitely have my attention.

I read a little more on these. There's a lot more technology packed in than it first appears. The v sole is an interesting addition.

Also very interested in seeing how the weight placement affects ball flight. Moving that 18G weight could make some interesting changes.

Looking forward to following along!

Just went out to the Hogan Fit page and know exactly 'what i need' to fix my long iron game....

Just went out to the Hogan Fit page and know exactly 'what i need' to fix my long iron game....

Are you ready to pull the trigger???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting video. I like looks of these, and the ideas behind it. I think Terry is right about the hybrids because I certainly hit them farther than the irons they are supposed to replace, and the spin can get pretty low. I've been testing and M1 hybrid a lot and distance can vary a lot at times.
Hearing that these are set up neutral, no fade or draw bias is music to my ears! They sound like they could be a game changer for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Alright just got my hybrid in for testing:

c767da6bc5b127422f143942274aa9d1.jpg

631fd1a234045d6e5547a8e11fe771fe.jpg

32c5e0c610aee8b0c38eaaa3ff08ba3d.jpg

9501324e40271b431a3669b2e221601a.jpg

cbfa2b6db5d0ae8ec219d75a1c982bde.jpg

ef6fab60ab10201a770320fa0902e66b.jpg

As all would expect, Ben Hogan delivers a beautiful club in a beautiful package.

All details are thought of.

Also want to add, thanks again to THP and Ben Hogan for this amazing opportunity, and thanks to all you readers in advance for slogging through my drivel.

Will get this out on the range tomorrow, some on course use this weekend, then will get it on a launch monitor next week to get some numbers.

Last edited:
Without going back through the entire thread, just some quick details on the VKTR Hybrid. There are 4 moveable weight & 4 ports. Toe, Heel, rear and bottom. 3 Blue weights (not sure weight, but thinking pretty light) and 1 Silver weight (18g) allow you to alter ball flight characteristics.

Bottom will yield neutral left to right flight, but lower ball flight and spin. Rear will yield neutral left to right flight but higher launch and spin. Guessing this also is the most forgiving setting. Toe would get fade bias and heel would get draw bias.

I plan to get some swings in with it in all settings but based on my shot pattern I would think rear or heel will be where it ends up for me.

Now, a little about me: I am a slower swing speed player (low 90s on good swings), and have been working with an instructor for the last couple months to try and cure a severe OTT move. Previously I have carried 2 hybrids (Callaway X2 Hot 22 & 25) which for the most part have been excellent, but at times I would hit one 25 yards farther than anticipated for a good swing. Having the Ben Hogan VKTR and the emphasis on accuracy and consistency has me excited.

I received the 23* with the UST Irod in F4 flex. It is standard other than being 1* flat, which makes sense to me as I have been fit to 1*-2* flat in previous fittings.

First thoughts with this hybrid in hand, are it is freaking stunning. I am honestly a little hesitant to hit it because I know I am going to dirty it up a bit. 2nd thought it is the head shape is much smaller than my standard X2 Hot. It is much closer to the Apex Hybrid from Callaway. Will get some comparison pics of all 3 clubs so people can see how they compare.

3rd: I think I might be better off with a 26 or 27* hybrid to replace my 5 hybrid and a larger model for the 4*, but it will be interesting to see how it works for a player of my ability and swing speed. If I can play this confidently, it will work well for a lot of players.

Last edited:
The shaft/grip/headcover. The headcover has a plastic slot and piece so you can get your loft facing out.

1aa9ebc872444759babcddb4b9c590c9.jpg

Next up, comparison pic, 22* X2 Hot top, VKTR 23* center & Apex 26* on the bottom

ded7b2fa9a663afdad223f1eb95a3c9c.jpg

Sweet looking club can't wait to hear how you guys hit em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Thanks for those comparison pics. It does look small but I'm sure there is some forgiveness in that pretty little package.

Thanks for those comparison pics. It does look small but I'm sure there is some forgiveness in that pretty little package.

Yeah, and I think that moveable weight will make a difference. Will grab a pic next time I remove it, but you can tell there is more heft in the silver compared to the blue.

Back