Best advice you have ever recieved in regards to your golf game

A wise man named Crouching Panda Hidden Kong once told me, "Im not going to try and fix that...It works somehow". What was said in jest and made me literally laugh out loud, has come back to mean quite a bit. This wise man also has said "Playing needs to be fun" and "Wow, that was awful".

This is what makes this game great. So much fun to be had and in the end, that is what it should be about.

This had me laughing, I've been told the same. LOL

I had lessons from a new instructor yesterday and he taught me something that no other instructor ever pointed out. When I approached the ball the left shoulder is higher than my right, my left hip is higher than my right, YET my eyes were even. So we spent the entire lesson just working on my set up when I approach the ball.

It immediately stopped my hooks. Not only that but I started to hit a nice draw. It felt so good I went out and played a quick 9 and I shot a 42 on a par 36. I usually average between 46-49. No birdies, but I was putting for 3. 6 pars, 1 double bogey, and 2 bogeys.

I went back and tried to book another lesson with him for next week and he told me no. He said for me to get my set up working and to practice for a few weeks on the range and in the short practice area and when I am confident in that to come see him in the pro shop and we will go from there. He told me that I may not need another lesson right away.

So what did he have you work on?

So what did he have you work on?

Head tilt being relative to spine tilt and keeping my head behind the ball at impact. With my old set up my head and eyes were in front of the ball at impact and it was the major cause of my hook.

I have been to the range twice since Sunday and mainly worked on set up and keeping my head behind the ball at impact and have had my best range sessions since I have started to play golf. Such a simple fix that my other 2 instructors never mentioned. I am excited for my next lesson but he wants to make sure I have mastered that so I see him this weekend lol.

I feel like back when I was taking karate as a kid and you have to show compentency of one belt to get to the next.

Golf is fun!

A wise man named Crouching Panda Hidden Kong once told me, "Im not going to try and fix that...It works somehow". What was said in jest and made me literally laugh out loud, has come back to mean quite a bit. This wise man also has said "Playing needs to be fun" and "Wow, that was awful".

This is what makes this game great. So much fun to be had and in the end, that is what it should be about.

It is a lot MORE fun when I start to understand what I'm doing, and when I get free golf lessons! I spent another 40 minutes with the golf coach this morning, basically grooving my new setup & takeaway. I think it's already paying off. Man, I really envy you rear-round golfers - I'm dying to take this out on the course!

It's also fun chatting with someone who is passionate about what they do. Talking with Bill Reilly (PGA instructor) is like doing a THP thread on steroids. I've been telling him about THP - he might be checking it out (sounded interested).

Golf is fun when you share it with prople who have a passion for this game - it's what makes THP so awesome.

"Read Stockton's "Unconscious Putting", trust me"

- Clive75 on the cart ride back to the club house at the end of #TheGrandaddy

Sometimes I'm an old school filterless camel in an e-cig era. What you wrote just made my day.

I was playing with an old timer a couple years ago and he could sense I was getting discouraged after an "undesirable result". He says " hey!, you're only as bad as you're last shot." His words still resonate with me to this day.

I want you to know, that tattoo you have of Clive on your thigh can be taken off with lasers, just saying...... Lol

Seth has sold more copies of that book than Stockton! But it worked for me too. Helped me climb out of a dark place in my putting game.

I want you to know, that tattoo you have of Clive on your thigh can be taken off with lasers, just saying...... Lol

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

Plus, the Clive75 tattoo meshes with your soul. No laser can remove that.

For me it'd have to be what I was taught by my coach as a kid. He said, don't pull the club down right from the top of the swing. He suggested I let the club drop for a split second and then pull it through. Sounds odd but it works for me and helps keep my swing smooth. Whenever I'm out of sorts it's usually because I'm not doing this. To the naked eye it's barely perceptible.

Best advice i have received was to quit thinking so much and just let my body find a natural swing before i try to change things in my swing. Also to turn my hips with my swing instead of swaying them just side to side. Thanks Canadan has helped alot!

Back