Best distance app for an iPhone 6+

royalwulff

Reaction score
Handicap
I have an iPhone 6+ now and was curious what you guys think is the best app for on course distances? I have not decided on a GPS or range finder at a later date, so I need a good app for my iPhone until I make that purchase. So which one is the best one out there in your guys opinions?

Big fan of Hole 19

Before I got my watch, I used Golf Pad which I found excellent and pretty accurate. There is a scorecard feature as well which is useful. My only complaint was that the battery would drain pretty quickly so I had to buy a case to keep it in which would automatically charge the thing. Mine was an Iphone 4 though, so they might have improved battery life since then.

I loaded the Fun Golf app and will see how it goes. Looks really cool.

I loaded the Fun Golf app and will see how it goes. Looks really cool.

It's a great app, super simple and easy to use. Great UI as well.

Is there a scorecard app that keeps track of scores, fairways, greens, etc? I really don't need the GPS part.

Is there a scorecard app that keeps track of scores, fairways, greens, etc? I really don't need the GPS part.

Their are tons of them, and most of the GPS apps will allow you to turn off GPS and just use them for scorecard, Hole 19 included I believe.

Their are tons of them, and most of the GPS apps will allow you to turn off GPS and just use them for scorecard, Hole 19 included I believe.

Thanks. I just downloaded it.

Some of them are incorporating your GHIN, and allow automated update to your index which I love, as I dont have to open another app...golfshot does this and I use it for scoring, and use Leupold laser for ranges....but when I off path, I use GPS for distance...

Swing by Swing is pretty slick.
It accounts for elevation and wind.
Takes care of side bets, closest to pin.
Can incorporate hc..
Full score card.

Big fan of Hole 19
I remember using this when it first came out for iPhone, and it was terrible, the app would crash, and not save any info I was previously on. Has the app improved?

I've been using The Grint, has all you want + a USGA approved Handicap!

I remember using this when it first came out for iPhone, and it was terrible, the app would crash, and not save any info I was previously on. Has the app improved?
Yep, I've used it on both android and apple with zero crashing.

I use Golfshot.

Can't really complain

GolfLogix for me. Stats are basic, but I like it for scorecard and for yardages. Gives distance to hazards as well in the upgraded version (like $12)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input, looks like I might be downloading a couple of them to try out.

I use Golfshot. It has a couple features I like. It works with the iwatch, the distances are accurate, you can purchase tee times right through the app using golf now. And if you have a GHIN number you can post your scores direct through the app for your handicap.

I use Golfshot. It has a couple features I like. It works with the iwatch, the distances are accurate, you can purchase tee times right through the app using golf now. And if you have a GHIN number you can post your scores direct through the app for your handicap.

Also use golfshot, the paid version ends up saving you money to I believe, you get a $20 discount on the next "hot deal" you buy through golfnow, however without having a GHIN number I can't post directly, otherwise distances are accurate to within a few yards, Great when you're outside 100 Yards or so where precise distance isn't required

Last edited:
Back