Best Distance Ball?

Range', without a doubt the best

LOL somehow I knew this was going to show up in this thread.

Range haha

I now tap while I talk

In an effort to revive this thread, what are the longest balls you game? I am looking to upgrade from cheap Callaway Warbirds to a better ball. Any suggestions? Looking for more distance off the tee.

I like the Tour D or Nike Vapor as my "distance" balls. I think the Callaway HX Hot and now the Diablo/Diablo Tour were pretty good for distance too.

I think its always good to remember that a "distance ball" for one golfer will be completely distance reducing for another based on swing speed. Its all about finding the right ball for your swing to maximize the compression of the golf ball at impact.

For instance, most tour level balls are designed for swing speeds in the 110mph+ range. Bridgestone is the exception here with their RX and RXS tour balls.

Other factors include finding a ball that will give you the ideal spin to carry/roll the farthest for your swing based on your launch angle and how much side spin you put on the ball.

I would love to have a ball fitting but I was just looking at Bridgestone's Schedule and the only events in my area are private.

I think the E6 is my best distance ball. I tend to not over spin it, by going after the shot. I carry a few of these in the bag for long drives in scrambles.

I would love to have a ball fitting but I was just looking at Bridgestone's Schedule and the only events in my area are private.

Yeah, a live fitting is ideal, but I think you can still do a live bridgestone fitting through their chat application and they'll probably get you set up pretty accurately.

They recommend the E6. Thanks for the tip.

In an effort to revive this thread, what are the longest balls you game? I am looking to upgrade from cheap Callaway Warbirds to a better ball. Any suggestions? Looking for more distance off the tee.

Put my name in the hat for the e7 as well. That thing goes like crazy, and it's a sub 30 dollar ball.. Can't beat that!

That said, each of the e line comes with different advantages..

Anyone know the difference between the e6 and e7? They recommended the e6 because I have a tendancy to have a little slice to my drive.

They recommend the E6. Thanks for the tip.

That's what I get for posting before reading everything.. The e6 is a great ball with a reasonably high compression number. I have a feeling you'll really like it buddy.

I hit Slazenger, and with 3 boxes for $25 at dicks you can't beat the price. I Keep up with my friend who hits Srixon and ProV1s. I think Slazenger is one of the best hitting balls out there!

Anyone know the difference between the e6 and e7? They recommended the e6 because I have a tendancy to have a little slice to my drive.

Different compression numbers.. I think the e6 kind of mashes on the club face to avoid additional spin, whereas the e7 is quite a bit harder and reacts by going further..

The Bridgestone site has a bit of info on each ball and the way they are designed... Good option is to buy a sleeve of both and see which you prefer dude.

That's what I get for posting before reading everything.. The e6 is a great ball with a reasonably high compression number. I have a feeling you'll really like it buddy.

LOL no worries. I dont swing very hard because when I do, I get a pretty bad slice. I generally drive between 215-235 depending on the course conditions. Would like to increase that a bit. I have been using the cheap Callaway Warbird balls.

Very true... Whether its club or ball selection... Being properly fit is the only way to go.

Different compression numbers.. I think the e6 kind of mashes on the club face to avoid additional spin, whereas the e7 is quite a bit harder and reacts by going further..

The Bridgestone site has a bit of info on each ball and the way they are designed... Good option is to buy a sleeve of both and see which you prefer dude.

Thats what I was thinking of doing. I am going to buy a sleeve of each and see what I come up with.

Thats what I was thinking of doing. I am going to buy a sleeve of each and see what I come up with.

If you like that price point, give the taylormade burner or burner tour a shot as well.

I play the tour and like it quite a bit.. I'm not the kind of guy to buy a 40+ dollar per dozen golf ball, so if I had to pick a couple, it'd be the e7 and the burner tour.

If you like that price point, give the taylormade burner or burner tour a shot as well.

I play the tour and like it quite a bit.. I'm not the kind of guy to buy a 40+ dollar per dozen golf ball, so if I had to pick a couple, it'd be the e7 and the burner tour.

Yeah I don't want to be in the $30 plus range. I was just thinking, where the heck can I buy just a sleeve of these?

Yeah I don't want to be in the $30 plus range. I was just thinking, where the heck can I buy just a sleeve of these?

The burners are 2 doz for 35 and the burners are 2 doz for 40 I think.. If you have a Golf Galaxy or Dicks Sporting Goods around you, they are selling last years e5/6/7 for 18 bucks a dozen.

No idea where you could get a sleeve.. I know Golf Galaxy sells some individual sleeves, but not sure if they sell the cheaper balls in sleeves.

Yeah I have Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, Dicks and Sports Authority pretty close but I dont recall seeing any sleeves. I suppose I can try to track it down online.

What about the longest premium ball? Srixon ZStar? B330s? ProV1 (the new one)?

What about the longest premium ball? Srixon ZStar? B330s? ProV1 (the new one)?

Whichever fits you best. No other real answer there, Personally, against all odds, the old Nike One Platinum is pretty freaking long for me, but so is the B330.

Back