Best Equipment To Get at an Experience?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes all experiences come with crazy swag and equipment.
Some even come with a full bag (3 last year).

What is your favorite segment to get at an Experience or wish to get at one?
Driver, Irons, Wedges, Putter, Style?

Left off FW and Hybrids as we have never done an event specific to only those (although they have been included many times).

Don't say any

You left off Shafts. For me, I know being fitted for a shaft at a UST event would be a gamechanger...

Wow, this is so tough to answer. Getting a @DannyLe fitting is tops on my list so I'll say driver. I would love to have an event geared around putter fittings as well. Those are my top 2 and the putter fitting would probably be more beneficial for me.

I would say Driver just because itโ€™s always a fun club to hit and the tech is so good year after year. Irons is a close second just because most of us are not switching them out frequently so itโ€™s nice to get them as part of an experience if itโ€™s a set weโ€™re really excited about

Equipment comes and goes, but I do agree that the Shaft Ups - where you not only get a shaft but learn its traits and how it effects your game may be the most interesting.

I'm an irons guy.

Iโ€™ll go with irons but the experiences featuring tech and improvement are right there.

I would say Driver for me. Other than putter, it is the most used club in my bag and the most important. Shaft up would be amazing where I could be fit into a specific shaft that would benefit my game and swing.

You left off Shafts. For me, I know being fitted for a shaft at a UST event would be a gamechanger...
That wasnt the question.
Wow, this is so tough to answer. Getting a @DannyLe fitting is tops on my list so I'll say driver. I would love to have an event geared around putter fittings as well. Those are my top 2 and the putter fitting would probably be more beneficial for me.
That wasnt the question. It was about hard goods.
Equipment comes and goes, but I do agree that the Shaft Ups - where you not only get a shaft but learn its traits and how it effects your game may be the most interesting.
That wasnt the question.

Shoot, this is hard as your own bias and bag makeup plays such a big role in the answer if we are limiting it to clubs.

Maybe I lean putter as those seem easier to collect over the years if we keep it in the club catagory? But even there, some folks have their tried and true gamer

I'd go with irons, with driver being a close 2nd.

Getting any equipment to review is amazing. From a personal standpoint, I would pick irons since that is the equipment I struggle with most and an upgrade would likely have the biggest impact on my game.

Iโ€™d like to get wedges as thatโ€™s the one part of my bag I havenโ€™t been properly fit forโ€ฆyet

Irons seem to be the most interesting to me. How tech has assisted with distance and accuracy really blows my mind - love learning more about them and comparing them with other gamers.

At this point, I would love to have an event where I could get a putter fitting and a putter fit to my stroke.

I'm such a turd with a driver in hand. Can't vote for that.

I think I'd get a lot of enjoyment working with a wedge or putter designer.

I think it varies based on the company, release cycle, how Iโ€™m playing at the time.

Maybe driver if forced to choose

Yes all experiences come with crazy swag and equipment.
Some even come with a full bag (3 last year).

What is your favorite segment to get at an Experience or wish to get at one?
Driver, Irons, Wedges, Putter, Style?

Left off FW and Hybrids as we have never done an event specific to only those (although they have been included many times).

Don't say any
Just from a personal standpoint it would be irons. I don't change often, but it's where I believe I could also make the biggest strides in improving my game.

Between all the fine tuning of a fitting with proper shaft, lie angle, length, spin and just everything how it can be made to make a golfers life that much better with clubs they use a lot.

Iโ€™d venture to say irons. Most golfers are pretty good about doing a driver fitting even if just a box store one but irons are a different story as most donโ€™t venture far from what they own or have played previously. Iโ€™d think it would be eye opening for a golfer to get fit well into a type of iron as well as shaft so thatโ€™s my choice.

I was lucky enough to get one of those full bag experiences. From that I would say Irons are my favorite aspect of the experience.

Getting any equipment to review is amazing. From a personal standpoint, I would pick irons since that is the equipment I struggle with most and an upgrade would likely have the biggest impact on my game.
๐Ÿ”ผ ๐Ÿ”ผ ๐Ÿ”ผ
This is the answer I was going to type - ShotScope says Approach shots are my weakest part of my game.

If just choosing one I'd say it has to be driver right? Most fun, most immediate impact

Back