Best French Fry Form?

1.Tatertots
2. Waffle
3. Crinkle

I like McDonalds fries 🍟...
Don’t @ me...

I believe in a potatoes right to choose

Also, I think tater tots could be a loophole in this.. they are cylindrical, basically short stubby fries, and are dipped in whatever sauces, and are sides to the same meals fries are

Very different hash brown's, home fries, etc

Whatever Bojangles uses.

I like Steak fries and Love Chic Fil a fries when they are HOT!

5 guys has decent fries for skinnys.

Slim crinkle like at Raising Canes might be the best but there are multiple close seconds

Fried in lard instead of peanut or some other oil IMO.

Shoestring in lard for me too please. There’s not a restaurant fry I enjoy anymore. But a .99 bag of cheap shoestring fries fried right are highly edible. If I still ate such things.

I’m in the thin cut and crispy camp.

Now, i know Connecticut hasn’t been on the cutting edge of culinary arts since inventing the hamburger in 1900 and perfecting the worlds best pizza nearly a century ago (i wont even delve into our hot dog prowess), but what the hell sort of voodoo madness is this beer battered fries talk going on ???

Beer battered onion rings? Check.
Beer battered fish? Check.
Beer battered fries??? Ch…. Wait…What??? Either this is a game-changer or the worst idea ever. I see no room for a middle ground.

I’m in the thin cut and crispy camp.

Now, i know Connecticut hasn’t been on the cutting edge of culinary arts since inventing the hamburger in 1900 and perfecting the worlds best pizza nearly a century ago (i wont even delve into our hot dog prowess), but what the hell sort of voodoo madness is this beer battered fries talk going on ???

Beer battered onion rings? Check.
Beer battered fish? Check.
Beer battered fries??? Ch…. Wait…What??? Either this is a game-changer or the worst idea ever. I see no room for a middle ground.
Total game changer.

Steak fries, crinkle cut, shoestring and traditional, in that order.

I'm a steak fry kind of guy. Just slightly over cooked so a nice crunch outside yet soft inside.

As long as they're crispy and salty then I'm good to go!

Love me some steak fries, especially the ones from Red Robin with campfire sauce!

1.Tatertots
2. Waffle
3. Crinkle
I love all fries, if there is a choice of potato on the menu it's always fries. But listing Tots as #1 here reminds me of the only real heaven in the fried potato world and that would be Bacon wrapped Tatertots and if you want go a little crazy and add a little Queso for dipping.

See, now you guys have me thinking of food, Poutine would have to be a good choice while having a couple of cold and frosty at the local pub.

Its tots. Perfect ratio of crispy outside to fluffy mashed potato inside...

Tots are first - home made more so than from a bag (no I have never made them, yes some restaurants do).
Shoestring are best strictly fry category but must be made properly - must not be undercooked, must be hot.

Later you get all the other iterations of a fry, such as waffle.

Still later near or at the end, are steak cut and wedges - they are an abomination. a desecration of the potato.

Of course having once tipped the scales at 308 (which would be a great weight, if I were about 8 feet tall), I have found myself eating (too many) of whatever style were available and put before me. Not so much now.

Crinkle for me. If you really want good fries go seasoned crinkle cut sweet potato fries

They must be seasoned properly and not soggy. Otherwise I'm ok with any form!

This feels like an impossible question.

Conditionally, there are merits to many options. I think it'd be easier to eliminate options (like the dreaded wedge or steak fry) than pick one single winner.

Back