Best Rock Album of All Time from Start to Finish?

Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know I date myself and the guy is kind of a creep but Phil Spector Wall of Sound, or Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys.

For me it’s Born to Run and Appetite for Destruction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U2 - Achtung Baby

I’m not ashamed to admit it, but I made a case for “Cracked Rear View”- Hootie & The Blowfish ...

If we’re talking about albums intended to be listened both sides front to back I’m going with:

queensryche_operation_mindcrime_abt5.jpg

I’m not ashamed to admit it, but I made a case for “Cracked Rear View”- Hootie & The Blowfish ...

I mean it’s in the top 20 album sales of all-time, so there’s got to be quite a few people who would agree with this.

Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon. All time greatest in my opinion

Every song is top notch on that one

I own it and love it.

I have to make a case for a couple of outstanding underrated albums.

Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen (more commercial success) and the self titled album (one of my personal favorites)

And should we go into a band that I am assuming that you are very familiar with being a Louisiana boy...Cowboy Mouth. Not a ton of commercial success but not many better at putting on live shows! Have been to 6 or 7 of their shows and they never get old.

Ugh this is always so hard for me. a few I think are contenders

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Kill Em All
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Pearl Jam - 10
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell

Last edited:
Oh man, this was tough. Not only is it generational, but even through different stages in my life I can come up with worthy albums.
Honorable mention:
Appetite for Destruction- Guns and Roses
Siamese Dream- Smashing Pumpkins
Badmotorfinger- Soundgarden
Core- Stone Temple Pilots
MTV Unplugged in New York- Nirvana

But if I had to pick just one I think it’s Hysteria by Def Leppard. I wore that tape out!

Thrice - Artist in the Ambulance
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Clash - London Calling
Gary Clark Jr. - Blak & Blu

No joke.....I still have that cd.....and listen to it

Ugh this is always so hard for me. a few I think are contenders

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Kill Em All
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Pearl Jam - 10
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

No idea how I forgot Master of Puppets, I remember listening to that album every day for 6 months straight.

I mean it’s in the top 20 album sales of all-time, so there’s got to be quite a few people who would agree with this.

It was all about, forget any follow up efforts or totality of the Band’s career. Just judge the single album from start to finish on it’s merits...

That one album is great cover to cover...

Thanks to this thread I just listened to about 1/2 of The Ramones and nearly all of Born To Run. Freaking great.

I own it and love it.

I have to make a case for a couple of outstanding underrated albums.

Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen (more commercial success) and the self titled album (one of my personal favorites)

And should we go into a band that I am assuming that you are very familiar with being a Louisiana boy...Cowboy Mouth. Not a ton of commercial success but not many better at putting on live shows! Have been to 6 or 7 of their shows and they never get old.

Cowboy Mouth great call...

Don’t know if they are the best or not but I grew up listening to

Aerosmith- Get a Grip
Offspring- SMASH

The Jimi Hendrix Experience- Are you Experienced?

The Who- Who’s Next

Winner: Led Zeppelin 4: every song different, every song is classic. Must own, ground breaking, still hair raising and mood setting. I paid my wife’s uncle $100 to slip in lyrics to Stairway to Heaven in my wedding vows as he presided over the ceremony. Best. Uncle. Ever.

Runners up for me:
Rush:Moving Pictures- if you didn’t play air drums to Tom Sawyer as a kid to this or even now you don’t have a pulse.

Elvis Costello and The Attractions: My Aim is True: do yourself a favor and spend 32 min and 56 seconds to hear this all the way through. Not your typical rock album but incredible. Short songs, stellar backing band and a unique voice/songwriting. Welcome to the Working Week:1 min and 22 seconds of rock perfection.

AC/DC Back in Black with 6 out of 10 mega hits. These songs will play on jukeboxes in bars until the end of time.

Winner: Led Zeppelin 4: every song different, every song is classic. Must own, ground breaking, still hair raising and mood setting. I paid my wife’s uncle $100 to slip in lyrics to Stairway to Heaven in my wedding vows as he presided over the ceremony. Best. Uncle. Ever.

Runners up for me:
Rush:Moving Pictures- if you didn’t play air drums to Tom Sawyer as a kid to this or even now you don’t have a pulse.

Elvis Costello and The Attractions: My Aim is True: do yourself a favor and spend 32 min and 56 seconds to hear this all the way through. Not your typical rock album but incredible. Short songs, stellar backing band and a unique voice/songwriting. Welcome to the Working Week:1 min and 22 seconds of rock perfection.

AC/DC Back in Black with 6 out of 10 mega hits. These songs will play on jukeboxes in bars until the end of time.

This was my case for Back in Black... And why I chose it.

Runners up for me:

Solid call with Elvis Costello!

Back