Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a par 3, 165 over water, green running away left to right wth a back pin. Trees guarding both the left approach and on the right tucked between the green and the pond. I'm a leftie and I hit a high draw that skirted the left tree, working back to the middle of the green. It hit, hopped and checked up about 10ft below and left of the pin. I made the putt for birdie! :banana:

After driving the ball terribly all day (and yanking one into the trees on 9). I smashed one right down the middle on a flat 390 yard par 4 that left me with a 100 yd pitching wedge going in :) Considering a good drive for me is normally around the 230yd mark, it was an awesome feeling. (Especially since so many people were watching!)

I'm on my approach shot to an elevated green on the 18th. There is a big tree right in front of me and no chance I'm going to get over it. I was able to get around it without going into the bunker on the right - I didn't make the green, but was right in front of it. I was very excited. :clapp:

Hit my tee shot into the woods, found my ball about 120 yards away up against the side of a tree, I tried to hit the ball with the back of my 4 iron left handed, it went about 5 feet and left me and opening to the left side of the green, the pin was on the right, infront of me was a huge tree and an elevated bunker sloping. I punched out, it rode the right lip of the bunker, and shooted my ball towards the pin, it rolled along the fairway, and all the way up until the ball hung on the lip of the cup. I tapped in for par.

I had a doozie on Sunday. Par 5 double dogleg, so I had to lay up to around 110. Green had two tiers, upper on the left, lower on the right. Pin mid-way on the lower tier. I threw a 9 iron in left of the pin that caught the top edge of the slope, one hopped and spun right leaving me with an uphill 5 footer for birdie. One guy whistled and another clapped. I felt like taking a bow. Actually, I was aiming just right of the slope, so it was a lucky good shot....

I sank a 30' putt today! The first 10' of the putt were uphill and after that it went downhill a little to the left.
It was one of the most amazing golf shots Ive ever seen in person and it was even sweeter than I hit it myself!
Not to toot my horn or anything, but...toot toot!

Nice putt Bakemono. Those are the ones that make you want to play again and again.

Very true. Its shots like that which keep you coming back. You could be hitting bad shots all day long and all it will take is 1 good shot to remind you why you love this game.
Its funny, I didnt think the putt was going to drop and when it got about halfway there I started walking towards the hole and then the ball just kept going down the hill and started turning more and more to the left and just dropped. It was pretty cool.

I sank a 30' putt today! The first 10' of the putt were uphill and after that it went downhill a little to the left.
It was one of the most amazing golf shots Ive ever seen in person and it was even sweeter than I hit it myself!
Not to toot my horn or anything, but...toot toot!
Awesome Bake.

Played at my local muni course.

After slicing my drive into the fairway bunker on a dogleg right, I had 175 to the hole. Luckily I had a good lie and I decided to hit my utility club and go for the green...

I hit a little draw that left me with a 10 footer for birdie (which I twoputted for PAR).

One of the few highlights in an otherwise messy round

Several weeks ago I hit a 5 iron from 190 to within 1 foot of the pin to save par on a medium length par 5. I had hit my first shot out onto the next fairway over, had to hit a 7i layup back to my fairway and then had 190 left to the pin. Made the putt.

Several weeks ago I hit a 5 iron from 190 to within 1 foot of the pin to save par on a medium length par 5. I had hit my first shot out onto the next fairway over, had to hit a 7i layup back to my fairway and then had 190 left to the pin. Made the putt.

Something doesn't add up...

Shot 1 on the next fairway over
Shot 2 with the 7 iron back to yours
Shot 3 with the five iron from 190
Shot 4 in the hole

= birdie, not par. :confused2:

Par 5 Ninth hole at Adams Pointe
1st shot pushed way right OB
3rd shot pulled way left OB
5th down the right side just off the fairway
6th tried to hit a 7I to lay up, pulled it left of the cart path, leaving me an 88 yard approach over a creek with a huge tree between me and the green.
7th pushed a SW a touch right, lands in a pot bunker about 10 ft. below the putting surface.
8th trying to blast out of the bunker with my 60* instead of my SW because I grabbed the wrong club and didn't want to walk back to the cart. Ball basically went straight up and somehow landed on the edge of bunker, how it didn't roll back down to my feet I have no idea.
9th took a stab at the back of ball while trying not to fall into bunker ( still with the 60*)
10th 1 putt

Other than that hole, which happened to be the 18th since we started on the back, it wasn't a bad round. :D

MO - I'm a little out of it so maybe I'm confused, but I think you posted in the wrong thread. :confused2:

Par 5 Ninth hole at Adams Pointe
1st shot pushed way right OB
3rd shot pulled way left OB
5th down the right side just off the fairway
6th tried to hit a 7I to lay up, pulled it left of the cart path, leaving me an 88 yard approach over a creek with a huge tree between me and the green.
7th pushed a SW a touch right, lands in a pot bunker about 10 ft. below the putting surface.
8th trying to blast out of the bunker with my 60* instead of my SW because I grabbed the wrong club and didn't want to walk back to the cart. Ball basically went straight up and somehow landed on the edge of bunker, how it didn't roll back down to my feet I have no idea.
9th took a stab at the back of ball while trying not to fall into bunker ( still with the 60*)
10th 1 putt

Other than that hole, which happened to be the 18th since we started on the back, it wasn't a bad round. :D

You shoulda taken three or four clubs with you! hehehe

Oh carp you're right, I thought this was the best hole of your round

You mean worst? :confused2:

I'm so confused, although that's not too difficult!

You mean worst? :confused2:

I'm so confused, although that's not too difficult!

I think MO should be in the What are you drinking thread.

I made a couple of really long range putts today, but my shot of the day was a 210 yard 2 iron that was sitting up in heavy rough. I caught it very clean. It did not make the green because it was slightly uphill and into a pretty good breeze. It was spectacular though because it came off perfectly and was tracking the pin until it hit the soft stuff right in front of the green. I love that 2 iron, but I just don't get that many chances to use it.

420 yard par 4 and I hit a big slice in to the rough of the adjacent hole. Had about 180 yards left and no direct line to the flag only option was a draw around the trees. So I pull a 5 iron and aim 20 yards right of the green and hit, it takes a nice high soft draw and lands on the center of the green, 2 putts for the first par of the day and a much needed boost of confidence after struggling out of the gate today.

Hit a 160 yard 7 iron out of a fairway bunker onto the green pin high to 8 feet, missed the birdie putt.

Today it was the 222 yd par 3, nailed the green with my 3w although I doubted myself while on the tee box. Missed the 8 footer for birdie but I didn't care.

Best shot by far was on the 5th hole today. 135 yard Par 3, green was uphill from the tee box with the pin to the right side hidden behind a big bunker about 20 feet in front of it.

Hit a 7 iron kinda low and it moved left-to-right, one hop and hit the pin. Unfortunately, it didn't drop in and rolled about 20 feet behind the pin. Two putt for par. First time I've ever actually hit the pin unless it was a chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back