Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today? I don't know.... Pitched close on one hole for a tap-in par. Finally discovered my second shot on another par 4 on the green... after spending a couple minutes looking for it in the green side grass bunkers. I guess I have low expectations... or poor eyesight....

Par 3, 154 to the pin, downhill with a right to left wind, held it up against the wind, almost dunked it (closest I've ever come, divot is hard to see but on the far right of the pic).

photo36_zps38965e49.jpg

That's like 5-6 inches from jarring it....nice!

That's like 5-6 inches from jarring it....nice!

Thanks buddy, the drunkards on the next tee were hooting and hollering too...though I suspect they were just hoping for more beverages.

I about fainted, so close, made the putt at least.

Nice shot Jman!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Nice shot Jman!

Thanks dude, those are the ones that get your heart racing and just set the hook of addiction for this silly game even more. Plus I needed it after the double, hahaha

1st hole. 165 yards uphill. Stuck it to 8ft. Gave me a look at Eagle that lipped out.

18th hole at Homestead hit it two feet from the pin. Proceeded to 2 putt....

Yesterday... Third Hole. Muffed a drive, from an elevated green, that hit a tree to the left and fell just short of the fairway below, leaving me 190 yard to the front of the green. A sweet and easy 3 wood did the trick, landing on the green, a foot and 1/2 from the pin. Worst shot of the round..... I missed the birdie putt. UGH!

Par 5 18th (my ninth). Drive clipped a tree, but stayed in the fairway on the extreme left edge. Took a J40 2 hybrid and layer up. Had 135 to a back pin and jarred it for Eagle!

imagejpg2_zps837d841d.jpg

JM

Nice Johnny!!!

Mine was a 9i from 130....only birdie of day.

Tee shot on 320yd par 4, slight dogleg left. Hit a 5w with a draw left me only 75yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a shot, John!

I had two really good approaches with wedges today. One from 93m with the 52° to about 1m20. The other was a 112m 48° to maybe 40cm. If I had the choose it'd be the latter :)

Oh geez I forgot, I had a bunkershot to maybe 8 inches.. That was a good one too!

16th hole, Par 4, 285 yard, 20 foot uphill, 90 degree dogleg left with a huge stand of trees preventing a direct shot to the green. You can play anything from Driver down to 5 or 6 iron on this hole depending on the wind and desired position.

I hit my 3 hybrid tee shot about 20 yards right and have about 100 yards to the green and I am on a terraced area, on washed out clay, with the ball at least two feet above me. The green is still uphill from my position as well.

Choked down on the gap wedge and managed to hit it to the front edge of the green, dead on line with the pin.

Two putts from 20 feet and I saved par...it was a rough day and that second shot was my highlight.

563 yard par 5. Flat. Narrowing to the green waste area hazard right of green. 3 wood from left rough from 278 yards via laser. Ran it to 20 feet never left the flag.

Chipped in just off the green for par after air mailing the green and rolling into the water. Talk about lows and highs within minutes.

124 out, slight uphill lie with wind in the face. Pulled PW and boy that ball never left the flag. Ended up hitting a foot short and spun back a foot for a 2 foot tap in bird.

Oh.. Just a smooth 305 yard drive on the nose. Longest one I have ever hit.

Short par 5 at 449 yards. Smoked the drive and had 144 yards to go. Smooth PW that was a bad club choice. I knew I could miss short, but a touch long and the ball is a goner. Pulled PW and it ended up about 35 feet short of hole. 2 putt birdie to end my 9 holes.

I'll be honest I haven't really made any good shots the last two rounds. I did make 5 puts in a row though

Best Shot Of Your Round

Yesterday evening round

Driver through dogleg to here pin is dead behind tree, had 127 to front into the wind (10mph) hit GW

Landed here and made the birdie putt

158 yard Par 3 with a flag in the back right corner. Hit an 8 iron that drew perfectly to the flag and stopped about 5 feet from the hole.

Missed the birdie putt... ugh.

Uphill par 3 stuck it to 4 feet and made the putt. It was a good day on par 3's because I did the same thing on the next one just about 6 feet. Both converted to bird!

Tonight on a par 3 I actually had 2 good shots BEFORE I made my first putt.

138 yard par 3. Pin placed in the front left of the elevated green (hole plays level but small "ravine" which includes a ditch.

I hit the flagstick in the air about 6" up from the green, Ball Rockets back at me and down into the ravine.
Ok, I was happy to put the ball on the hole and wrote off being so far off the green as bad luck.

I step up with my mackdaddy 2 58 degree wedge intending to save par, made a good swing and CLANK! I hit the dang flagstick again!! my partner tells me about 18" up from the green, ball ricochets off right leaving a 7' putt.

I 2 putted for bogey, but both the shots felt so good when I struck them, and I proceeded to the next hole pretty happy with the bogey.

Tee shot on the par 3 17th, 170 yards. Dropped a 6 iron onto the fringe and rolled it to within 6', sank the birdie. Irons are getting a nice, predictable fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back