JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The topic - Best pizza slice you have ever had?

The rules - It must be a restaurant or commercial place.

Go!

If we’re talking “slice” I would have to say Joe’s on Broadway in Manhattan. But if all types of pizza are to be considered, I’m way too partial to Buddy’s.

I was looking forward to trying Chris Bianco's next week while in Phoenix but trip was canceled.

Otherwise I'm sad to report I can't answer this as much as I want to, I need more better pizza in my life.

Scallop and Bacon at multiple MA pizza joints.

Pizzeria Bianco. Love that place. Had a bunch of friends move to phoenix right after college and when I go down to visit that’s my first request.

We have lots of good options in the Bay. Not sure what I would choose here honestly.

Benny Marconi’s in the ‘Noke. Yes, that’s a normal size paper plate. Last time there they had Fresca and TAB. I kid you not….

FAD2A45D-4220-4A5E-8D51-CDA4264EF7F8.jpeg

My favorite is Grotto Pizza in Rehoboth Beach, DE.

I think it’s called Nona’s in strip mall in NJ. I’m good we’ll get a plain just to eat going home and not care how sloppy it can eating pizza and driving fast.

Another is a no name (that i recall) place outside the 9/11 park entrance in NYC this places sells by the slice.

Some of the at one time 99 cent places in NY were passable great only due to cost.

Lastly a neuvo Italian place outside Nats park, odd combinations, but one had mikes hot honey! It was real and spectacular.

1707005298088.gif

Pepperoni & sausage. Cloverleaf Pizza, Eastpointe MI.

I had a piece of chicken Marsala pizza at this little place in Queens that was amazing. I’ll have to find the name of the place.

Pequods pizza in Morton Grove Il, just east of ohare … it’s amazing IMG_4349.jpegIMG_4350.jpeg

Blondies on Telegraph in Berkeley, CA

Filippi's Pizza Grotto. Family owned since 1950, best pizza I've ever had anywhere.

I guess I would have to say Westgate Pizza in Austintown. One of the few places, at least as far as I know, where you can walk in and buy individual slices of pizza. In fact there is a line on their sign that says, "Home of the Slice". The only problem is that you are limited to whatever they have slices of at the time.

I was thinking of mentioning a little brick oven pizzeria where we ate when attending Carnevale in Venice, Italy. But they weren't slices. We got three individual sized pizzas of 4 slices each. They were phenomenal, and we had them with a bottle of wine. The total bill came to about $27 U.S.! As we were getting ready to leave we heard an argument break out. Some guy was berating his waiter. I asked our Italian host what was going on and he said that the man was Spanish and complaining about the size of the bill. HUH?! Eventually the owner of the place came out and spoke with him. The Spanish guy just blew sky high, threw the money down on the table and stomped out. I again asked our host what happened. He said the restaurant owner told him, "Hey, if you're poor, you should stay home!" :ROFLMAO:

Tony's Pizza- Lander, WY (circa 1986-88ish)

When I saw the thread title I was thinking about the 70-year-old guy I saw ace a 180-yard Par 3 with water in front of the green by slicing a driver around the pond, bouncing it off the cart path, onto the green and into the hole. Best. Slice. Ever.

True story.

A place by us called Bulldogs. A wood fire pizza.... Italian beef with hot peppers. Incredible. 20230503_182551.jpg

Snap Pizza. The Good Egg uses a cracked egg and chili oil along with sausage. Just a lovely pizza.

Vodka Pie or Traditional Chicago Thin at Pizza Rock, Las Vegas

Back