Honestly, I don't have one. Being asked I couldn't answer or I would just say a place that was good. I've eaten pizza all over the country and none stand out as simply the best.

I think it's a good question with a lot of great answers.

Pizano's in Chicago. As deep dish goes, it's great. I've heard there are other great pizza joints in the area.
Great choice!! Giordano's, Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, and Pequods get all the publicity but Pizano's hands down is my favorite

Tonys NY pizza - Gainesville, VA. They have a couple shops locally in the area.

Slice Downtown, Atlanta GA
There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

Charles Entertainment Cheese pizza is pretty good.

Regina, North End Boston, MA
Or for a slightly different take, Frank Pepe in New Haven CT

I need to get to Frank Pepe in New Haven. There is a Pepes in Newton, MA and it was good but not change my life good.

One of my favorite foods and I've personally got them separated in types :)

Deep dish- Giordano's thanks to THP
Thin Crust- https://www.enricospizzarestaurant.com/ little hole in the wall that I've been going to for 25 years now
Chain for delivery- Local place called Flyers
Thick crust- Pizza Cottage

I need to get to Frank Pepe in New Haven. There is a Pepes in Newton, MA and it was good but not change my life good.
I swear the ovens must make a difference. I found the same with a newer Regina location. Something about a well-seasoned and well-used brick or coal oven. White pizza at Pepe's is an underrated slice.

One of my favorite foods and I've personally got them separated in types :)

Deep dish- Giordano's thanks to THP
Thin Crust- https://www.enricospizzarestaurant.com/ little hole in the wall that I've been going to for 25 years now
Chain for delivery- Local place called Flyers
Thick crust- Pizza Cottage
Judges?
no, we need a singular choice 😀

Judges?
no, we need a singular choice 😀
(n)so all of it won't be accepted either...

Fine- Enrico's mentioned in my original post....

(n)so all of it won't be accepted either...

Fine- Enrico's mentioned in my original post....
We shall allow it.

It was a place called Bobs Pizza Plus. It was only in malls in Montana. Not sure if it was an actual chain outside of here. Almost all of them are closed now but they truly had the best slice as well as the best cheese bread ever.

It was a place called Bobs Pizza Plus. It was only in malls in Montana. Not sure if it was an actual chain outside of here. Almost all of them are closed now but they truly had the best slice as well as the best cheese bread ever.
Like Sbarros

My wife would agree with your pick. They are still around in some malls. Give me the Bobby bread.

My wife would agree with your pick. They are still around in some malls. Give me the Bobby bread.
I included that in my post. Two slices of pizza and three sticks of Bobby bread (cheese bread if anyone is actually reading), and a blue icee was absolute perfection

Kind of where I'm at. Biga pizza in Missoula, MT would be my to date answer though I think.
I don't have any one place that has absolutely rocked my world.

That said, I know it's not a thicker crust, and I know it's got to have a bit of crunch to it - nothing soft/soggy is going to make the cut.

I don't have any one place that has absolutely rocked my world.

That said, I know it's not a thicker crust, and I know it's got to have a bit of crunch to it - nothing soft/soggy is going to make the cut.
I know it wouldn’t be Al’s in Warrenville for you. @Jman and I loved it

Back