Pizzeria Bianco. Love that place. Had a bunch of friends move to phoenix right after college and when I go down to visit that’s my first request.

We have lots of good options in the Bay. Not sure what I would choose here honestly.
I will have to look this up.

You won’t regret. It’s so good.

My recollection is you can’t make reservations and it’s definitely a wait. But you can grab a cocktail or beer before.

Pizano's in Chicago. As deep dish goes, it's great. I've heard there are other great pizza joints in the area.

Funhouse Pizza, a local KC chain. I think there are only 3 of them left now. One in Lee's Summit where I grew up was a Funhouse, then Pappi's and then Funhouse again. It was all the same thing. My first job when I was 15 was at Pappi's.

o.jpg

Scarrs Pizza in NYC. Just the perfect slice every time.

The wiseguy (add pepperoni) at Pizzeria Bianco

It's tough for me because theres a lot of good pizza but not sure anything has ever really blown me away. I like my own Pizza the best that i make in my pizza oven.....but that's mostly because i put exactly what i want.

There's a place around here that went out of business during Covid that made a meat lovers that i used to absolutely love. But i'd probably give it to a place called "Manago" that is about 25 mins from my house. their Pizza oven is in the middle of a big brick wall, and they make it in front of you

This is a pic. Their meat lovers is very good too

1707071934979.jpeg

My favorite is New Albanian near our house. It’s Detroit style. I get it with Spicy Sausage, regular sausage, black olives, green olives, and onions. Salty perfection!!!

Regina, North End Boston, MA
Or for a slightly different take, Frank Pepe in New Haven CT

This fall. Brooklyn just outside an office I support. Di Farra pizza..absolutely perfect.

If you follow Portnoy’s reviews…I want to say it was a 9.4.

IMG_7285.jpeg

Filippi's Pizza Grotto. Family owned since 1950, best pizza I've ever had anywhere.

Seconded! Man I need to get down and have it again.

Don't remember the name of the place but it was right around the corner from the Cake Boss bakery in Hoboken, NJ. Pepperoni, Italian Sausage and extra sauce. Pure heaven.

This is a hard ask. I think a top 3 will have to suffice and they are all pretty off the grid.

1. Shorts Brewing Company - Bellaire, MI - thicker style beer crust with a variety of ingredients.
2. La Gitana - Yelm and Olympia, WA - thin Italian style pizza.
3. The Cosmos - Lansing, MI - less traditional with a "Trust Us" special. Can't ask what it is!

The king of all though is just about any place in Italy.

Di farra. Had to try it when I visited my family in NJ/ny. It was that damn good.

Locally Rosario's in Concord or du amici in Charlotte.

Gino's East, about half a block off of Michigan Ave in Chicago. Would kill to go there again, best pizza I've ever had.

Gino's East, about half a block off of Michigan Ave in Chicago. Would kill to go there again, best pizza I've ever had.
You can get Ginos sent to you. Pretty good too.

You can get Ginos sent to you. Pretty good too.
for a little while I could get it from the local grocery store (HEB) It was good, but not nearly as good as it was fresh. They even opened a Houston location for a while but it didn't last a year. It was good, but not quite the same as in Chicago, sauce wasn't as flavorful.

You won’t regret. It’s so good.

My recollection is you can’t make reservations and it’s definitely a wait. But you can grab a cocktail or beer before.
It's world famous, they have even done documentaries on the chef/owner. And it's often said the wait is usually an hour long before it ever even opens. I haven't personally been there, but if I ever make it to the area I would love to try it.

Hole in the wall on Ludlow Street, NYC.

If you haven't experienced pizza from Wooster St in New Haven, CT, you have not experienced the "best slice ever"

My vote goes to Abate's Pizza, 136 Wooster St with Sally's and Modern a very close second

The topic - Best pizza slice you have ever had?

The rules - It must be a restaurant or commercial place.

Go!
Curious what your's is

It's world famous, they have even done documentaries on the chef/owner. And it's often said the wait is usually an hour long before it ever even opens. I haven't personally been there, but if I ever make it to the area I would love to try it.
Yep. Totally worth the watch too.

1707154844724.png

Back