Best/Smartest Golf Purchase Ever?

Everything SeeMore. Sure, they do wonders for my putting, but those guys in Tennessee are amazing, and really do love every one of their supporters.

My first lesson, which was actually a gift. Realizing that I didn't have to languish with a horrible slice for the rest of my life is what got me thinking I can get decent at this game. Since then, plenty of setbacks, but plenty of steady improvement, as well.

Taylormade R1 Driver. Giving in and getting a driver with a bit more forgiveness and loft has convinced me smashing a 9 degree driver with very little forgiveness for years was a mistake.

for me, in terms of smart, its been my first pair of golf shoes. before, i was slipping all over the place, as i played in the mornings alot, and couldnt get any sort of traction at all. my nike golf shoes are definitely one of the smartest golf purchases ive made

December 1995 issue of Golf Digest, hands down.

For the game was my Tour Edge set that I had fitted. For me it has made all the difference at my stage.

Last edited:
My Cobra Amp Cell driver. And fooling around to find the right shaft for it.

My R9's. Older and do not pack the distance of all these new woods. But straight all the time, can hit it on a string most of the time. Pretty long launches too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first rangefinder way back in the mid 1990's. It was a Bushnell model and was very expensive at the time - $250. It knocked a stroke or two off my index immediately.

For me equipment and lessons have been good purchases but the thing that's helped me the most has been a season pass at my home club; I've improved greatly by just getting out to play more frequently. Getting off the range and onto the course regularly; practicing from hitting from a variety of lies, distances etc has helped my game a lot in the past year.

The first ever THP event for me....the Tour Van Stop in Austin.....made great friends that share my passion for the game.

Semi-private lessons for my wife and I when she wanted to take up the game. No way was I going to teach her, since I sucked and I also wanted to stay married!

I learned a lot and she learned the right way from the git-go. She has broken 80 a few times and usually shoots in the middle 80s from the forward tees, low to mid 90s from the forward tips ("senior" tees).

Entry fee for the 2012 Outing in Orlando

MY first THP event and really opened up my eyes to what this place has to offer

Since then Ive managed to attend a few more events over the past few years :)

Raingear. I bought a Nike rain suit before this season. It has already seen some heavy use in league, made me wonder why I waited so long to buy raingear.

My wife got me a cliquegear push cart. Makes me enjoy the game 10xs more, get exercise, and I actually shoot lower because I can let go of a bad shot.

Hard to say, I have a few things I bought that i shouldn't have in hindsight.. Those are easy to point out.

I think I'll have to go with my irons. I have had them for 15 years and still love them!
At some point I'll try and get the ones I'm missing: still need the 2i, S1 and S3. Quite hard to find, especially with the ZZ65 shaft. I already have: 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,W,S2,L

And yes I can actually hit the 1 iron, of the deck, with a good ballflight and everything.

For me, its the club membership I bought recently. I have all the range work and golf I can possibly want... Wait, I'm not dead am I?

Others have said it and I echo them, Albatross Membership. It has opened doors for me to form some great memories and greater friendships.

In this early 2014 season, I'm loving the new Clicgear 3.5 and X2 Hot hybrid... Both have performed way beyond my wildest expectations.

My RBC Stage 2 hybrids. Hit a bad tee shot and have 200 in, not a problem. And my Snap-Hookz of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Whatever I buy next.

My entry into the THP Austin event a few years ago. Could not believe there are other hackers out there that loved this game as much as I do. Best good decision I have ever made.

My first lesson. It was all about the take away, and it's all I think about during my pre-shot routine.

Whatever I buy next.

That made me laugh.

Either the gps app on my phone or switching my driver shaft to one that's the same flex but 10 grams lighter. Still trying to control it more consistently, but the ball flight is just so much better.

Back