Best sounding/feeling driver you’ve ever hit?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Sound is feel kids.

So what is the best sounding/feeling driver YOU have ever hit, and why did you like it so much?

Cleveland Classic 290 and Hogan GS53. Both just sound / feel solid. Not hollow, tingy or dead (see a lot of heads that contain a good bit of carbon fiber).

Went from Callaway to PXG to Cobra and back to PXG gen 1. The sound and bounce of the club is insane. The profile behind the ball looks perfect and the distance is incredible. I actually have a 9° and 10.5° in the bag.

I think it is probably either the Cobra F9 or the Ping G400.

Bridgestone J40 or Callaway FT Optiforce 440. Both of them had a muted thwack that was just pleasing to the ear. Not metallic at all.

The driver spun a whole lot for me, but man.. The Nike Vapor Pro sound was just so, so good.

LOL!!!!! Metal wounds sound clanky… Persimmon on the other hand... have a proper "WHACK!!". :giggle:

IEAja04.jpg

EJ30vaC.jpg

Callaway 816 DBD or Cobra Bio Cell. Those two are different drivers, but the sound from each was perfect for me.

2016 M2 was probably my favorite for sound/feel. Unfortunately the spin was always too high.

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion for me. When you caught it it just sounded like you were cutting through the ball with knife.

Based on memory, I always hold the FT Tour in high regard as the best sounding/feeling driver I've ever hit.

The driver spun a whole lot for me, but man.. The Nike Vapor Pro sound was just so, so good.

I was going to say the titleist 910 or cobra f8+, but damn..... the Nike vapor fly pro and the Nike vapor flex were probably the two best feeling/sounding drivers I’ve ever played..... plus that blue on the vapor fly line was fire. Like you said though, they did spin a bit too much for my swing unfortunately.

Epic SZ. I love the muted sound/feel and the sound might keep me from upgrading to anything else until I can find something at least 5 yards longer. The Epic Flash SZ is average sounding at best by comparison.

Epic SZ. I love the muted sound/feel and the sound might keep me from upgrading to anything else until I can find something at least 5 yards longer. The Epic Flash SZ is average sounding at best by comparison.
I was expecting you to post your Persimmon driver. :ROFLMAO:

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion for me. When you caught it it just sounded like you were cutting through the ball with knife.
This, loved the sound of this driver!!!

I was expecting you to post your Persimmon driver. :ROFLMAO:

Persimmon goes without saying but I went with the best modern driver!

LOVED my old Titeist 910D2. After all these years it's still what I consider the ideal sound.

Nike Sumo I think. No question about if you’d hit it. ??

I’m fond of my Flash when I catch it right.

Ping G410 LST.

Back